X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by kIndal on 03-08-2001 02:13 AM
    Is a king a politician???

Well, I'd say yes He was not a king, a prince, a prime minister, a major... Nothing like that. Another hint: he lived in the XX century.

Comment

NPI

I'll try my luck... Albert Camus ?????

(after all he was born in Alger, in front of It+Fr+Sp)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Waku on 03-08-2001 01:57 PM
        NPI

I'll try my luck... Albert Camus ?????

(after all he was born in Alger, in front of It+Fr+Sp)

Two thumbs up!!! Yes, it was Camus.

PS. How the h*** could you have guessed it???? So many famous Frenchies in the XX century! He was just highlighting the common cultural heritage of Spain, Italy and France, so I do not think his birthplace had much to do on this.

It's your turn Master Waku!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Bee on 03-08-2001 02:07 PM
          PS. How the h*** could you have guessed it????
          So many famous Frenchies in the XX century! He was just highlighting the common cultural heritage of Spain, Italy and France, so I do not think his birthplace had much to do on this.

I promise I was guessing. I thought if the quote wasn't said by a politician, it had been said by an artist/philosopher, then after searching for info about Sartre and Picasso(*), it came the Camus' turn and I found he was born in Alger and... Camus, auteur de vingt ans: un jeune esthète apprenti-philosophe imprégné d'idéologie méditerranéenne... you know the rest

(*) I tried Picasso just in case frenchman were a tricky hint

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Bee on 03-08-2001 02:07 PM
          It's your turn Waku!

I haven't got any right now, I will look for one asap but feel free to post another if I last too much.

Comment

I think I've found a good one:

The enemies of American civilization-- for such are the enemies of slavery-- seem to be more on the alert than its friends.

It was said in the 19th century and it has nothing to do with Spain but with Latin America

Comment

quote:

"The enemies of American civilization-- for such are the enemies of slavery-- seem to be more on the alert than its friends." --William Walker

Not that hard...
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

A bit background info on William Walker please. I can only guess his family might have had a distillery in Scotland

Comment

Actually I don't know that much about him, I just saw the quote displayed someplace (as a random quote) and against all ods I rememered it!!

Comment

Hmmm, that William Walker looked like a very interesting subject... thanks for the links Waku.

Comment

C'mon Henrik, we are waiting for your quote!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ???? on ??-??-???? ??:?? ?M
                        One comes here to visit and is recieved whit bombs! Mr. Major, what do you say? It's outrageous!"

This was said by a rather famous Habsburg person... He wasn't spanish but it's ok whit Habsburgs to, right? It's not that hard though, you will probaly solve it pretty soon. Therefore I would like as many of the question marks above filled out as possible, that will probably not be too hard either Let's see how you do...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Henrik on 03-12-2001 02:53 PM
                          This was said by a rather famous Habsburg person... He wasn't spanish but it's ok whit Habsburgs to, right?

Technically... no, but I guess we can make an exception in this case

Comment

Come to think of it he might be a spanish decendant, the habsburgs wherent very picky about which relatives they married (after they came to power that is) and there where spanish as well as austrians/germans in the house of habsburg.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by

Comment

Working...
                              X