Quotes for scenarios, part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes for scenarios, part II

The previous thread reached the 150-post limit and was therefore closed. Please continue here.

(I have a very good one, he, he)

This might be a little late but (continuing from the other thread), wasn't the queen in the three musketeers (Anne don't remember the last name, but I guess she was habsburg) the wife of Louis XIV? To me he is the most famous french king (Le roi Soleill, sp?). She couldn't be both his mother and his wife (although the habsburgs where used to some strange relations between thier family members as I recal).
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Yes, Waku, you're right, she was Ana de Austria. Of course, Jay Bee was first 'cause he guessed the character, and he shall be remembered for generations to come as the winner.

Henrik, Ana (or Anne) of Austria, the queen of France in the Three Musketeers, was Loius XIII's wife, not Louis XIV, who was their son. Ana was also Philip III's daughter, and therefore, she was Philip IV's sister. She had an influential family, so to speak.

She said that quote to Cardinal Mazzarino.
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

I allways thought his name was cardinal Mazarin (a mazarin is a kind of cockie in sweden so it is a rather funny name to me ) but that is what he was called (I think).

Comment

Okay, here is a new one. Nothing to do with the Habsburgs:

"I hope my work has contributed, if only minimally, to help bring down that stupid barrier that separates two countries which, along with Spain form one only nation ".

Comment

Hmm... a very interesting quote. But hard to guess, I'd say... I'll have to give it a thought...
            "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Bee on 03-03-2001 02:47 PM
              (I have a very good one, he, he)

You bet!

I don't even understand the formula:
              2 countries + spain = 1 nation

Comment

Could it be: Portugal, Spain and Catalonia (I don't now if this was historical but thats how spain is divided in Imperialism )

Comment

could even be Portugal + Spain + Naples/Holland

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Henrik on 03-06-2001 03:03 PM
                    Could it be: Portugal, Spain and Catalonia (I don't now if this was historical but thats how spain is divided in Imperialism )

Oh my...! Is Imperialism an American game?... (sigh!)

Comment

The three countries that according to this guy form one only nation are France, Italy and Spain (the Western Roman Empire, remember? . Another hint: the guy who said this was a Frenchman (and it's not Napoleon)

(PS. Note for purists: At the time of the Romans, Portugal was part of Hispania/Spain)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Bee on 03-07-2001 11:27 AM

Oh my...! Is Imperialism an American game?... (sigh!)

Don't know, the company's name is Frog City (SSI seems to have something to do whit it too), the map I was talking about is supposedly from 1882...
                        It's a great game, but I allways had doubts about Catalonia beeing a minor nation in itself, usually they ended up beeing occupied by Frabnce while "Spain" became an English "Colony" (that means vassal in this case). Portugal usually became Englis too, playing as german I conquered and annexed the entire map but Russia once, but that is another story...

Comment

Napoleon III ????? (supporter of the Italian nationalism)

Comment

He was not a politician.

Comment

Louis XIV? when he had the dream of making one kingdom with France and Spain(with Italy) if Philip V got the Spanish crown in the War of Sucession. Is a king a politician???

Comment

Working...
                              X