Hola Todos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Zen

Aqui en Puebla en invierno hace un frio de la chingada. Me acuerdo que el primer año en la uni tenia clases a las 7am y me tenia que llevar guantes a clase porque se me partian los nudillos del frio....

Y ahorita esta lloviendo y lloviendo y lloviendo....
    pues aqui en Monterrey no cantamos mal las rancheras, una vez hubo tormenta electrica, lluvia torrencial y granizada el mismo dia

de hecho, hay una toma que hizo un camarografo de canal 2 donde un rayo surge detras del cerro de la silla ( ) de abajo hacia arriba
    Biografia de Rommel
    Historia del Bismarck

Soy del Clan de las Mnemosinidas y significa buscador de recuerdos...

Comment

Originally posted by HsFB
      we don't use insane literally translated (inano), and i think that the phrase "this is insane" is used much either...

when replying to someone's suggestion/other, (like: -will you do this for me? -no! you're insane") it's estás loco (you're mad)

otherwise, we just put in a swear or something (eg, puta! ni me podrría imaginar tanto calor! )
      Oh ok, yea i wasn't sure if that was correct or not, I was going for a "Thats insane/crazy" type of thing.
      Thanks for the advice, i'll remember that next time it comes up.

By the way, I couldn't find a translation for Podrria (I don't know how to make the unique "I" you used)

Ha I should find some way to get ahold of some spanish swear words , haven't had any practice with them at all. my school won't teach them

Carlos - Huh, didn't know that. Do those stretch pretty far inland? Where I'am we don't get any ocean related storms, too far inland, they all die out far befor they get close.

Edit -----
      so does it get the whole spinning affect monsoons have? How big of tides does it create? seen home videos (We got shows named "You gotta see this" etc where they show home video footage of cool stuff people caught on tape, and I seem to remember watching one with a huge title wave crashing down due some sort of storm near a hispanic city.
      If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

HsFB, it´s the biggest thing I could think of
        no tidal waves here... at least for now

podrria = podría "be able to, can, may" From Babylon translator.
        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Well thats good to hear, lol, but yea when higher tides was mentioned that video just poped into my head, so I had to ask

Babylon translator? Do you have a link to that? I don't think i've tried that one yet.
          Last edited by Poogas; June 10, 2003, 15:04.

Comment

sorry, my typo on podría/podrría...

and as for the sudestada, nah no tidal waves, but the wind will increase the tide level by about 5 meters per two knots of wind (if blowing from the correct direction)...
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

El truco para (sobre)vivir en verano en Sevilla es aprovechar las noches: yo duermo 4 horas, y despues de comer me pego unas siestas monumentales...

Ufff, Dentro de quince dias playita: Cádiz, Roche, Los C@ños de Meca.......
              Campeón 2006 Progressive Games
              civ4 mods: SCSCollateral GrayAgainstBlue ProperCrossings
              civ3 terrain: Irrigations Roads Railroads Borders Multimine Sengoku Napoleonic

Comment

HsFB - thats ok for life of me I couldn't figure out what that word ment! and since the double rr is common in spanish I didn't even think about it being a typo.
                Ha, i know what it means now though!

Niessuh - ¿ Durante el verano Ud duerme durante 4 horas?

Durante el verano básicamente entro en la hibernación y duermo todo el día... por lo menos la mayor parte de ello

Comment

Bienvenido, Poogas

Tu español es bueno (mejor que mi inglés), y aquí mejorarás mucho

BTW, a Spanish trick: the 'rr' could only appear between vowels like in

perro (dog) or carro (car in South American)

Don't confuss the words with rr with the words with a single r

- perro (dog), pero (but)
                  - carro (car in South American), caro (expensive)

Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Re: Hola Todos

Originally posted by Poogas
                    En cortocircuito hola
                    Linea clasica de clasicos!

Bienvenido, Poogas.

Comment

Thanks Yaroslav , yea I think going to this forum will improve my spanish too. So far so good

Thanks for the spelling rule about the double r words. That will definitly come in handy.

Originally posted by yaroslav
                      (mejor que mi inglés)
                      Tu inglés es perfecto

El Awrence - Gracias
                      ¡¡Sí no mi momento mejor!! Esto era antes hasta Me molesté a en comprobar si el traductor lo hiciera correctamente (doblo la comprobación ahora)
                      Mi español es todavía bastante pobre aunque

¡¿Ah bien, whats un extranjero (para???) hacer?!?!
                      Last edited by Poogas; June 10, 2003, 18:14.

Comment

WTF??? what are you guys doing???

ignore them poogas, the first and most important thing you must learn if you are trying to talk in spanish is:
                        learn bad words

once you master this keys of comunication you're done, the rest is piece of cake
                        Biografia de Rommel
                        Historia del Bismarck

Soy del Clan de las Mnemosinidas y significa buscador de recuerdos...

Comment

Lol!!!! ha thats great

Same thing with English, well atleast if you live in a big city, seeing how in public areas thats all that is spoken

But I agree, learning swear words is a must!

Anyone know if the Moderator(s) of the forum would mind a discussion of the fine art of Swearing in Spanish?

Comment

No creo que le importe. El cerrará la thread si lo cree conveniente...

[In English: I think that he has no complains. He will close the thread if he don't want the topic]

Do you want the English translations or prefer all-in-Spanish messages?
                            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

www.babylon.com
                              It´s a program that runs in windows taskbar. Very useful if you want to translate words, but not full paragraphs.
                              The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Either is fine, if its all in Spanish I can figure it out maybe not all the way but I understand most of what is being said, which is pretty fun, I don't get the opportunity often, But if it goes into something complicated, a English translation would be nice , but not a must by any means.

All in all, Either is fine, I'm a guest on your board / forum so don't do any more work than you want to on my behalf You guys trying to read my attempts at spanish is work enough i'm guessing

¿y usted? ¿qué lengua usted preferiría?

Carlos - Thanks, i'll give it a try. Quick translations are always a pleasure

Comment

Working...
                                X