Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly!

Comment

Hear Ye! Hear ye! Apolyton OOC NESing Constitution!!!

I know I don't have the time to do this myself, but if we really want to keep the lovely sport (btw it IS a sport, and YES it SHOULD be in the Olympics!!) of NESing alive, then we can hand off the updates, as long as all players solemnly take an oath to be fair, and bipartisan and all of that nice balanced stuff.
      Basically what I'm saying is

Here ye, here ye the following is the first draft of the

Apolyton OOC NESing Constitution (subject to change)

If you ( or a fellow NESer taking part in the said NES) grow too weary and disheartened from waiting endlessly for the mod to update the NES, and find yourself either facing death from lack of a good NES fix, of old age due to waiting for an update, or in the worst case scenario death of the said NES, or as it currently stands of the entire NESing cult, then, with appropriate permission from the NESers in question(yourself included) and the mod, you may temporarily or, at the discretion of the group, permanently take the job on.
      This may only happen under the following conditions:
      1) You have consent from the group of said NES to do so.
      1A) However if you have not gotten a response from the NESers, and the mod, in under a week’s time, you it is implied and here stated, that title of mod is then transferred to you.
      1b) the only occasion under which part 1a may not happen, is that in which a mod or NESer has given reason beforehand or during, why s/he ought to not be able to report back in due time.
      1c) I t would be VERY good measure, to not only post a request to overtake mod abilities, but to also PM this request, just to avaoid any nasty confusion.

2) S/he whosoever overtakes the position of mod is not necessarily granted the job of mod for the rest of the game, should the original mod return, then it will be up to the “less biased parties” (the other NESers in said NES) to determine who should be the mod for the rest of the NES, or at least until the problem again arises as it seems to (that is not directed to anyone, it just seems to happen a lot, and we all have busy schedules its understandable, that’s why I’ve never tried to be mod, I don’t have the time or the energy.)
      3) Should a serious dispute evolve then bring the problem to a REAL mod, like Ming, but he can be quite scary and tyrannical, so you might want someone a little less give to “toasting” threads.
      4) There may also, arise the situation if the NES is big enough, where a “Mod Squad” may evolve in which multiple mods are in place, or where a sort of mod triumvirate switches off who gets to mod each turn. Once again, this will be entirely up to the people who control the countries or basically armies (it always sort comes down to that in the end, even in the history books) as to what happens.
      5) It should be stated, that this is not meant as any kind of insult to the mod who in this terrible situation would be being temporarily or permanently dethroned. It is mainly another action meant to keep up a decent flow of the game. Who knows, we might attract more attention if things run smoothly?
      6) Morgan Freeman must be referenced at least once in at the very least, a menial and arbitrary reference, that may be as listtle as two letters long (MF).
      6a) this reference MUST be in Italics!
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

The President has stated that perhaps the govenior of Persia should rename the state. Perhaps to Jefferson?
        btw Il ove your idea, and thta idea that you are referencing. Bad news is I proposed this idea to the Persian high council already, and they threatened to give me a sex xhange, and make me watch every episode of the View, without the commercial breaks.
        If want to propose it to them, you cna, but I'm a special Persian citizen, nad I don't know if they'll show you the same mercy that they have shown to me.

Comment

Dude, put that on the battlements thread, I'm trying to play a game here... apparently its the Carolinas against England but the Carolinas don't know what their economy is and they aren't on the first post.

Here's my idea, we bring back the modless NES. One turn-1 day and it goes on and on with map updates done periodically by the initiator. Hell, I'll start SNESA: Libertas tomorrow and hopefully it will be Absolution reborn here. Then we don't have to worry about crap like this and we can each keep up with our own stats and basically if we can get every NESer at poly to join we'll have the most solid game going.
          Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Dude, put that on the battlements thread, I'm trying to play a game here... apparently its the Carolinas against England but the Carolinas don't know what their economy is and they aren't on the first post.
            Sorry to disrupt our game, its jsut I'm trying to play it, and I thought something liek this would have maybe gotten the game going again.

btw, what does snesa stnad for?

Comment

SKILORD's NeverEnding Stories Apolyton we were the First at Apolyton. (true fact)
              Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

whoa, you rule dude.

Comment

Sit is officia;l now, this thread is canned?
                  Damn it was actually kind of fun! I liek the era and setting a lot. Oh well.

Comment

What? Why?

OK, Honestly I've been gone for a week, but then I got Fable also. You sure can miss a lot in a week or however long its been.

I see Homeland NES and I'll get over there this weekend, but why does that mean we have to twist the dagger in this one?

I've got orders for here too (this weekend). If Sheep would be willing to share the responsibility we can get it moving again.
                    Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
                    The continuing saga of The Five Nations
                    A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

• New York

William Alexander heads to Washington, but to avoid any conflict of interest he appoints his brother in law, Israel Putnam, as Governor of New York.

The US does not fear another war with England, but is not eager to renew hostilities. The purpose of a tariff is to promote our industry. A war in our own territory threatens to do those industries great harm, so I see no point in a war to defend tariffs. I do not suggest that our nation submit to crass threats either, war will also be a financial burden on England because they can not now seriously consider forcing us to rejoin the Empire.

I urge President Jefferson to drop the tariffs against England if the British will allow free trade in return and allow access to the St. Lawrence River.
                      Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
                      The continuing saga of The Five Nations
                      A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

Working...
                      X