cNES: A World Without Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cNES: A World Without Nukes

What if, for some reason, nuclear weapons did not and could not exist in the world?...

After the end of World War II in 1947, the UN was formed. Seven years later, it ceased to exist, as all the communist nations and their allies withdrew from the failed attempt to secure world peace....

1952 was a year of action. The UN, after being hung up on the issue of the occupation zones of Japan, finally turned to the Palestine issue. After three months of debate, the state of Israel was formed, and immediately declared war on by its neighbors.

Meanwhile, just a few hundred miles to the east, India was in chaos. Britain had just given independence to India and Pakistan in 1950, and the countries were already at war. The British debated whether they should intervene, as the horrible war continued.

COntinue moving east, to Korea. AS a result of WWII, it has been split between the communist north and the democratic south. In 1952, the north declared war on the south. China and then Russia quickly gave support to the North. In response, the US and her allies declared war on the Communist bloc! Merely 5 years after the second world war ended, the third began.

Soon, the war truly became a world war. Pakistan and the Arab nations sided with Russia, while Israel, Iran, and India chose the US. British troops moved to India to help fight the CHinese, Pakistani, and Russian onslaughts. Meanwhile, throughout

Africa rebellions erupted, and with the British and French focused on fighting RUssia many succeeded. Indochina gained independence, but declared neutrality in the war.

In the beginning of teh war, it looked like the Communists would win. South Korea was quickly overrun; the US lost the islands of Honshu and Shikoku in Japan to Russia. WEst Germany and Yugoslavia (which sided with the US) began to fall to Russia as well. Egypt seized the Suez Canal, and the US devoted a large amount of resources to defending Israel, which succeeded but at teh cost of the resistance on the Korea-Japanese front and in Europe.

Then, suddenly, Stalin died. For nine months the USSR was in chaos. They were not overrun, and after those nine months a somewhat stable leadership was in place, but too much had gone wrong already. The Communist Alliance was doomed. It held on for 3 more years, and Russia was never conquered. HOwever, tis government collapsed, as did China's. Britain made India a colony once more to avoid further wars between India and Pakistan. Israel, with the US's help, took Sinai, the West Bank, Golan Heights, and some other areas.

Now, it is 1958. Most of Africa has gained independence. Russia's empire has been split up; Kazakstan is independent, the rest of Turkistan and the Caucasian states have been given to Iran. The on ex-SSR other than RUssia itself that has been retained is Belorussia. Germany and Korea have been tentatively reunited. Manchuria and TIbet have been given independence from CHina, and part of Western CHina was given to Mongolia. Albania was given to Yugolavia for their help in the war. Overall, Communism has fizzled just as fascism did. Now the US's hegemony is undisputed, or is it?...

Note: I will control the white nations (and maybe a country too) and the events. Note that you can choose almost any nation, you are not limited to the colored ones. Just request a country and I'll give you the stats! Also, "industrialization" is a measure of how industrially developed a country is, which also reflects to a certain extent how technologically advanced it is. Military and economy is like in GDNES2. Oh, and one last thing: 1 day=6 months

Nations:
    Britain (orange)
    Ruler: DemonSlayer
    Army: Medium
    Navy: Large
    Air Force: Medium
    Government: Democracy
    Economy: Stable
    Industrialization: Very High

US (light blue)
    Ruler: Easthaven I
    Army: Large
    Navy: Large
    Air Force: Large
    Economy: Booming

France (pink)
    Ruler: ??
    Army: Small
    Navy: Medium
    Air Force: Small
    Economy: Recession

Israel (blue)
    Navy: Tiny
    Industrialization: Medium-Low

Saudi Arabia (yellow)
    Ruler: Giovanni Wine
    Air Force: None
    Government: Monarchy
    Economy: Prosperous
    Industrialization: Low

Russia (brown)
    Ruler: gooberboob
    Army: Large
    Navy: Small
    Government: Provisional and weak Republic
    Economy: Depression
    Industrialization: High

Iran (blue-green)
    Ruler: Jonny
    Government: Monarchy

China (red)
    Air Force: Tiny
    Government: Provisional and weak Republic
    Economy: Recession
    Industrialization: Medium

Japan (maroon)

Switzerland (dark brown)
    Ruler: Sheep
    Army: Tiny
    Navy:None
    Air Force: Tiny

Ukraine (light yellow)
    Ruler: foolish_icarus
    Government: Weak Republic provisional government
    Attached Files
    Last edited by civman2000; February 5, 2003, 17:17.

Wuz up civman. Cool, bro.

Anyhoo, can I take the good ole US of A?

Comment

NO NUKES?! I'll pass for now, maybe when Skilord or Giovanni's NES dies I'll come in as a rogue nation and practice banditry
      Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals....except the weasel -Homer
      Who's up for some scroungin'? -Homer

Comment

n/m I want USSR!!

Die Capitalism Die!!! MWAHAHAAHAA
        Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals....except the weasel -Homer

Comment

Hmm, so I can choose any nation?

I'll just take Iran, but I considered choosing the Vatican.

Comment

I kinda wanted to be Djibouti, Djibouti rocks

Comment

Can I have the stats for Ukraine and Cote d'Ivoire? I'll choose between the two.
              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

<--- Is itchin' for more NESes

Comment

canI be Luxembourg, or better still Switzerland. Just somewhere noone will invade this time.
                  Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)
                  Founder of the Mafia Poly Series (THATS RIGHT I STARTED IT)
                  Nesing, come and see what its about in the Stories and Diplomacy threads.

Comment

gooberboob: The USSR now llonger exists, only Russia and it's not Communist. Is that OK? And Djibouti doesn't exist either, but Somalia does.

foolish_icarus:

Ukraine (currently white)
                    Government: Weak Republic provisional government

Cote d'Ivoire (currently white)
                    Navy: Tiny
                    Government: Dictatorship

Sheep: I'm afraid you can't be Luxembourg because it's too small to fit on the map! But here are the Switzerland stats:

Switzerland (currently white)
                    Navy:None

People who chose colored nations have been added to teh first post. People who chose currently white nations will be added (and their nations colored in the map) when they confirm their choice after seeing the stats. The clock will officially start running when we have 5 people with countries chosen, but you can do some diplomacy before then.

Comment

occ: The Swiss amry is very well trained and Switzerland is very mountainous I want you to remeber that and make it Small also, for it size is great. Also why don;t I have an air force thats an insult.

I will play as Switzerland. WARNING anyone invading me will make a enemy for life.
                      Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)

Comment

The Swiss army is well-trained but Tiny. The country's so small though that that's actually a relatively large army. And I'll give you a tiny airforce. You are dark brown on the map.

Comment

occ: cool you can hardly see me!

Comment

Thanks civman. I'll be Ukraine.
                            Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Britian still open? If it is i will take it.

Comment

Working...
                              X