No announcement yet.

ADC 2001 Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, we don't HAVE to do it every year, but why not? I'm just asking if people want to.

On scoring. I think you've got a good point about why the WM system is designed the way it is. And while we don't have 72 boards to fill in I think the same principles work for a smaller tourney. I actually like the system because anyone that get's soloed on in 9 years, played a poor game in my opinion, and certainly doesn't deserve to advance to another round. I think setting a time limit on the games (like playing to the end of 1909) is a good idea for the opening round. It will also serve to keep the games short, and perhaps allow us to play the final game before 2001 is over. The final game(s) need not and probably shoud not have such restrictions.

Anyway here's the WM scoring system:

Solo = 60 , Top = 30, 2nd = 14, 3rd = 8, 4th = 4 [all but solo add SC count to listed bonus.] 5, 6, and 7th place get no bonus but do get points for any SC’s owned at end of game. If one players Solos, everyone else gets Zero (0) points. In the event of a tie, bonus points for the tied positions, where appropriate, are shared (Three players end at 8 means 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place points are totaled and allocated equally to each
    player). Games that end in any type of negotiated finish before 1909 will have the SC count at game end carried out to 1909. (12 SC’s in
    06 = 12 SC in 07, 08, & 09). All solo victories will be counted as 18 regardless of the number of final centers.

I think when it all boils down to it, the system Snowfire suggested is much them same is this one. But this system puts an exact figure on how to score performance. Hopefully this will avoid debate as to who actually advances.

Comment

Count me in - I can also mapmake if needed
      "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

After looking at the WM Scoring and mine, it does seem that the WM scoring system might be easier and accomplish all we need, why don't we use it and if a problem occurs, fix it, or run trial runs and see where people fall at different spots of the game.

Also in a 10 round game, I would like to suggest NO DRAWS, we play to the end, that is what this game is really about, attrition, who is there at the end.

I also think, a lot of thinking this morning, that if you are an avid player here a Apolyton it is your obligation to join this tournament, it would be nice, someday, to host a tournament at Apolyton but pointless if we can't even get our own guys to join our site Championship.
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

I'm in.... I think I can squeeze it in between Imp3, Onion, Civ and three story forums....
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

Great, we've got enough for 2 games now, and we've yet to hear from several players that were in last year's tourney and many of the new players.

Comment

I agree to no draws...

there's not to reason why,
              there's but to do or die

Comment

*sigh* ...back to the world of diplomacy...I'm in for now
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I'm in.

I also make maps!

Comment

in

Comment

Well, count me in.
                      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

And I'll be the final player, yes?

Comment

Okay we have 19 players now, nearly enough for three games. There are still several regulars out there not signed up. I really think if we got 4 games, we could make a great tourney, taking the top 7 players into a final championship match.

What we need:

1) Nine more players (minimum, an alternate or two might be nice)
                          2) Two more GMs

Lets hear from LordStone1, ScottF, His Divine Shadow, MDR, CyberGnu, Du_Chateau, Talon, Yoav, WarVoid, and any otheres out there interested in playing.

Comment

bump

Comment

Count me in
                              But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
                              If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
                              He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
                              But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

Hello. I'm here thanks to Defiant

I'm searching for a fast-paced PBEM game, but you may count me in for that championship of yours, if you agree oeuf corse. :biggrin:

Regards,
                                V.

------------------
                                -----------------
                                someone said one day to me " I did'nt realize you were playing above board with me until I betrayed you and was punished by the others". Don't make the same mistake !
                                -----------------
                                someone said one day to me " I did'nt realize you were playing above board with me until I betrayed you and was punished by the others". Don't make the same mistake !

Comment

Working...
                                X