No announcement yet.

"Newbie" starts.... now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK my new special E-mail is now YoavDip@hotmail.com .
    Please do not use the E-mail I posted earlier unless I do not respond for a few days or so.
    Thanks!

Comment

OK just so it's easier I'm posting this table:

Name--------Province------ICQ#-------E-mail
      Builder-----Austria-------29442827--shadowmn@netvision.net.il
      Defiant-----Italy---------46172786--vlholtz@charter.net
      Napoleon--Russia-------55815949--TheNapoleon85@hotmail.com
      Sahib--------[ GM ]------43251116--newbie-gm@gmx.de
      Sirotnikov--Turkey-------18345800--al_si@netvision.net.il
      Taurus------England-----52073195--angry_taurus@hotmail.com
      WarVoid----Germany----73438757--warvoid@aol.com
      Yoav--------France-------5849349---YoavDip@hotmail.com

Have a good game all!

Edit: Ordered it a bit, added Napoleon's ICQ.
      P.S. Am I the only 7 digit ICQ# still alive?
      [This message has been edited by Yoav (edited January 12, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks, Yoav.

I will not be on ICQ much, so please don´t send any messages there that you want delivered quickly and reliably.

Comment

------------------
          Almighty and Resident God
          The more you know the more you realize you dont know. - Shep
          Almighty and Resident God
          The more you know the more you realize you dont know. - Shep

Comment

Grrrr.... stupid rules...
            I read the tutorial and saw some rules that are different from what I know:
            - If you lose all your home CS's you do not lose, you can take them back.
            - Passaing through an SC during the spring do not grant you with control over it.
            - You must specify if you support a unit to move/attck or stay in place (while when I played it we only needed to order 'Prv#1 sup Prv#2' and then Prv#1 would support whatever action done by Prv#2, as long as it is possible.
            - in order to disrupt a convoy, the fleet must be dislodged, it is not sufficient to just attack it.

Comment

And something I just didn't see any notation of in the guide: Are spontanious disbands allowed? i.e. can I just order something like
              Mao disband
              in say the Fall
              so I can build an army in, say Paris?

Comment

Yoav,
                You can not just disband a unit, at the end of a fall turn if you have 7 units on the board and on 6 SC's then you can disband a unit at your leisure, you can also disband a unit if you have to retreat. Instead of retreating with unit you can request a OTB(Off The Board) for that unit. That can happen within any season, not just fall or spring.
                Does this help?
                Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

The rule about having to conquer a SC in fall really bothers me.

I didn't saw it in anyother standart rules on the internet.

Do you actually play according to it?

Comment

Siro,
                    You can conqueor an SC at any time but you have to have unit stationed there in the fall turn to gain a build, it is an extreme vital part of the game and no deviation of that rule is ever played, that I know of.
                    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

Defiant: I knew all that, but thanks anyway for you good will
                      Anyway when I played this gameyou could capture a SC in the spring, and then leave it - and if noone else enters it by the next fall - it counts as your SC. Anyway, I'll play by your rules. Will have to rethink my tactics, but - oh well.

Comment

And another question: When I tried some things out in this Realpolitic, it seemed to me that you can build new units in any SC of your property. Is that right? I haven't seen this ANYWHERE, including the official rulebook... guess it's a bug?

Comment

You can only build on one of your HOME SC's that you start with

Comment

Good that's what I thought. Thanks.

Comment

Can we get a normal map? That "realpolitik" program dosen't run on my system and my folks have a thing against me downloading stuff on thier comp...

Comment

We can use another mapping software, np. Just tell me wich and I´ll use it. However, I cannot do a map myself, call me oldfashioned or stupid, but I don´t know how to do it.

As for Realpolitik: it´s not a bug. To build new units you must not use the map editor. Just wait for the winter turn and the program will let you place units, and those can only be placed in home SCs. At least in my version (the newest) that works perfectly.

BTW, let me stress that the deadline is not dependend on maps. I will post the resolution always as fast as I can. If the map comes later, or if by some technical problems a player cannot open the map, that does NOT effect the deadlines. So I strongly advise that you keep track of the game not only by any maps but by the game resolutions (the moves with all the abbreviations, you know)

Comment

Working...
                                X