Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoav
    replied
    Say, Sahib: Why isn't the game advancing?
    The orders were supposed to be sent yesterday, so I figured they should have been posted by now... hmmm
    Anyway please don't hold the game every time as we want the game to proceed... the two weeks period was too long anyway IMO ... thanks!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Yoav on 01-17-2001 08:58 AM

....Or, I will be glad to help and make the maps myself.

Can we TRUST you Yoav??? JK

Leave a comment:

• Yoav
    replied
    I know, I didn't use the edit map for the building of new units.... I'm not THAT stupid...
    Anyway I figured out myself what was the problem, it is all ok now. About posting the map you can simply use the Export BMP oprtion from RealPolitik, but you will need some webspace to host it.
    ....Or, I will be glad to help and make the maps myself.

Leave a comment:

• Sahib
    replied
    Beautiful! Thanks, Ruff,

and thanks too for your offer to teach me, Ill meet you on ICQ

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    And it was done...

http://www.geocities.com/ruffhaus8/ADCN/ADCNW00.gif

Sahib, if you like I will update the map with each adjucation. If you would like to learn how to make maps, catch me on ICQ sometime, and I'd be happy to help.

[This message has been edited by RUFFHAUS8 (edited January 15, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• Sahib
    replied
    That would be great. Someone (you? ) would have to explain to me how to change that map. I am not very good with computers (at age 29, you know... old people have a hard time with new tech )

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sahib, if you like I will provide a web-based map for the game.

Leave a comment:

• Sahib
    replied
    We can use another mapping software, np. Just tell me wich and Ill use it. However, I cannot do a map myself, call me oldfashioned or stupid, but I dont know how to do it.

As for Realpolitik: its not a bug. To build new units you must not use the map editor. Just wait for the winter turn and the program will let you place units, and those can only be placed in home SCs. At least in my version (the newest) that works perfectly.

BTW, let me stress that the deadline is not dependend on maps. I will post the resolution always as fast as I can. If the map comes later, or if by some technical problems a player cannot open the map, that does NOT effect the deadlines. So I strongly advise that you keep track of the game not only by any maps but by the game resolutions (the moves with all the abbreviations, you know)

Leave a comment:

• WarVoid
    replied
    Can we get a normal map? That "realpolitik" program dosen't run on my system and my folks have a thing against me downloading stuff on thier comp...

Leave a comment:

• Yoav
    replied
    Good that's what I thought. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Defiant
    replied
    You can only build on one of your HOME SC's that you start with

Leave a comment:

• Yoav
    replied
    And another question: When I tried some things out in this Realpolitic, it seemed to me that you can build new units in any SC of your property. Is that right? I haven't seen this ANYWHERE, including the official rulebook... guess it's a bug?

Leave a comment:

• Yoav
    replied
    Defiant: I knew all that, but thanks anyway for you good will
    Anyway when I played this gameyou could capture a SC in the spring, and then leave it - and if noone else enters it by the next fall - it counts as your SC. Anyway, I'll play by your rules. Will have to rethink my tactics, but - oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Defiant
    replied
    Siro,
    You can conqueor an SC at any time but you have to have unit stationed there in the fall turn to gain a build, it is an extreme vital part of the game and no deviation of that rule is ever played, that I know of.

Leave a comment:

• Sirotnikov
    replied
    The rule about having to conquer a SC in fall really bothers me.

I didn't saw it in anyother standart rules on the internet.

Do you actually play according to it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X