No announcement yet.

Age of Feudalism: Europe 1000 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I noticed that there is the mistake in the map...

Poland had Pomerania, and that Slavic States was under Polish influence and they served to Polish King. It is the situation in 1000 year.
    "We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Comment

NOOOO! Really?? You wouldn't believe how many mistakes there are on the map. Add your to the list.

Comment

I know there are many mistakes on the map. It was the most accurate one I could find. And although some of Poland's territory is left off the map, it also has some territory added that it did not control in 1000 AD. Please stop nitpicking.

------------------
        -GeoDan, Apolyton Geography Expert
        AKA GeoDude

My E-Mail: Dannyboy@unbounded.com

Come to my forum: Cool History
        -GeoDan

Comment

Well, there is no problem with me ruling France, at the time of 1000 AD. France wasn't much but a coastal landmass that was only protected by the Rhine Valley. They didn't even become a power till after they invaded England, and Germany in 1100's. Plus they were so divided between their lordships, they weren't a threat unless invaded by a foreign country. The only advantage is that, France has very good defensive posistions, and a overwhelming population over the bordering states except the Germany, who had the strength of the Holy Roman Empire behind it.
          "You can stop me on the defense, or even in the battle , but you will NEVER stop me on the from taking that hill."
          -Rommel

Comment

oh c'mon Bearcat, let him have France. Apolyton has had a history of not being too elitist, don't stop that now.
            Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Ill take England

Comment

Bearcat, if those veterans of yours don't get here soon, all the good countries will have been taken already!

------------------
                AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

I said that if he didn't want Burgundy he could have France. And since he doesn't want Burgundy, he can have France

Comment

OOC: OK. I wanted France, but Roc having it is fine. If noone wants England, I'll take it. If not, well, Italy I guess. They will come into their own soon with all that damn trade. So here is my list:

England
                    Italy

I dont know if I am a veteran here. Whatever that is at Apolyton, there have never been 'vets' per se. Just smarter people. So. Up to you guys. Maybe me and Roc can play to Lords of France in a huge battle or something, that would be fun.

------------------
                    Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
                    Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
                    The more you know, the more you realize you dont know - Shep

Comment

Can I be the emirate of Cordova?
                      Fire and ice and death awaiting. But he was steel, he was steel.

Comment

Im looking, and looking at this map and I cant see what territories did you add to Poland instead of Pomerania...
                        "We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Comment

Well since France, at that time was split into 21 different lordships, it would consist of about 1000 battles, and since a monarch was crowned at 986 ad, but didn't fully take power till 1145, we could do that, but that would consist of pretty much this entire forum.
                          "You can stop me on the defense, or even in the battle , but you will NEVER stop me on the from taking that hill."
                          -Rommel

Comment

Luk, first of all, I did not make the map. I found it. Secondly, the map shows Poland as posessing much territory in Germany (north of Bohemia) and in the Galicia region that it did not possess at this point in history. So stop *****ing please.

------------------
                            AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

Luk is a Polish Nazi. Ignore him.

Comment

If I didn't know better, I'd say that was an oxymoron
                                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Working...
                                X