Age of Feudalism: Europe 1000 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Feudalism: Europe 1000 AD

Well, to fill the void in this story forum, I am starting a new story thread. Everything starts exactly as it wass in 1000 AD. Technological development occurs at the same pace as it really did. Instead of listing all the nations I found a map that shows all of them. If you want to participate, pick one.
    Here it is:

I will be the mod, and I will post some more specific rules later. Please participate!

------------------
    -GeoDan, Apolyton Geography Expert
    AKA GeoDude

My E-Mail: Dannyboy@unbounded.com

Come to my forum: Cool History
    -GeoDan

A few basic rules:

1. Be realistic!
    2. One day equals 2 months.
    3. Your posts have to be of at least mediocre length.
    4. Diplomatic positions should be relatively the same as they were in 1000 AD. For example, there should be animosity between France and England, while the Byzantine Empire and Georgia should be on fairly good terms.

I'll add more rules as I think of them.

Feel free to make suggestions!

I will take Germany, unless ScottF wants it, in which case I will pick something else.

------------------
    AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

I call kievan russia!
      We all know what Sodomy is, but does anyone actually know what Gomorrahmy is? I heard that bible thumpers are nazi hillbillies from Arkansas who crossbred with Martha Stewart and are also the gay lovechildren of Andy Warhol and Godzilla...but i cant remember where...oh wait Satan told me that at my Satan Church "Brainwash Children to be Homosexuals" Convention!

Comment

Just a note: In the map I found, the area labeled "Turkic Tribes" was really two seperate nations. The Patzinak Turks to the west of Crimea and the Khazar Empire to the east of Crimea.

------------------
        AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

Okay, I made up my mind now. I pick the Byzantine Empire.

I hope this thread can pull the S&D forum up from the deep depths of apathy that it had been languishing in.

------------------
          AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

Note - Norway was independant in the year 1000. I believe they lost that independance in 1490? at the Union of Kalmar than bonding them to Denmark. And they owned Iceland at this time I believe.

I call Denmark.

Comment

Interesting, although no time.
              [This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited May 30, 2000).]
              Please Visit:
              http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

I have a better idea Geo- Germany was divided into many different duchies. Namly: Upper Lorraine, Lower Lorraine, Swabia, Barvaria, and Franconia. We should really do it by that.

And I have a better map.

I claim Swabia.
                "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

OOC - Yes but some of the more poweful duchies and princedoms were part of the Holy Roman Empire. So unless you want to be surrounded by HR hordes....

Note - The Orkneys were a chain of islands. And they probably belonged to the Norwegians not the Danes. Sorry to bug you like this

Comment

I'll take the Khazars.
                    "Veni, vidi vici."
                    "I came, I saw, I conquered."
                    -Julius Caesar

Comment

I know the map isn't perfect. I didn't make it myself; I found it, and it was the best one I could find.

Bill, I purposefully chose not to include the various German states because I want as many of the nations as possible to be included. Germany will remain whole, and is reserved for ScottF.

We really need some people to pick England, France, and the Papal States.

------------------
                      AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

I will take the rest of Germany.

I don't know much about the Feudal period. I am guessing that it is a lot like Age of Empires 2.

Comment

Also, Bill3000, if you think you have a better map, email it to me.

------------------
                          AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

Geo Dan would you mind if I edit a little bit. If not than tell me but I think we should make these changes -

1. Norway is independant.
                            2. Give the Orkneys to Scotland.
                            3. Give part of England to Denmark. (Danelaw)
                            4. Put Iceland under Norwegian control.

Comment

The Danelaw did not exist anymore after about 920 AD.

If you're going to be picky, yes Norway was independent in 1000 AD, but the Earldom of Orkney and the Commonwealth of Iceland were also independent states.

If you look at the map I found, you can see just how many nations there were. To make more countries independent would mean more countries that nobody is participating as. I want as much of the map as possible to be participating, so I am not going to make more nations independent.

------------------
                              AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

Working...
                              X