No announcement yet.

Age of Feudalism: Europe 1000 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True. I wasn't sure how long the Danelaw existed.

Comment

I'll take the Papal States.
      But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
      If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
      He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
      But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

So far:

Byzantine Empire: GeoDan
        Kievan Russia: GScott
        Denmark: Bearcat
        Khazar Empire: Arcticor
        Germany: ScottF
        Papal States: Midshipman

We need more participants! Bearcat and ScottF, could you try to find some of the people who were posting often in story threads a month or so ago who have since left and tell them about this thread? Please?

------------------
        -GeoDan, Apolyton Geography Expert
        AKA GeoDude

My E-Mail: Dannyboy@unbounded.com

Come to my forum: Cool History
        -GeoDan

Comment

I could try.

Comment

Thank you.

Bill3000: Since Germany is remaining whole you need to pick a different nation.

------------------
            AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

Hi, I am a regular player of Civ2 MPGE, thought I would try this out... all you do is make posts and it is all automated isn't it?? Anyway... I'll take France. I know at the time they weren't strong, or considered a world power, but I would like to give it a shot.
              Since this is my first time... if anyone wants to send me some tips as to how to do this I would be most appreciative.

rocmaster@yahoo.com

------------------
              "You can stop me on the defense, or even in the battle , but you will NEVER stop me on the from taking that hill."
              -Rommel
              "You can stop me on the defense, or even in the battle , but you will NEVER stop me on the from taking that hill."
              -Rommel

Comment

It certainly isn't automated. We make posts here consisting of "stories" and statistics about our nation's progress and interaction with other nations. Someone (in this case me) will update the map every so often. Does that clarify things a bit? Thank you for participating.

------------------
                AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

GeoDan-
                  Does controlling the Papal States mean that I am the Pope?

Comment

All right guys start holding the major nations down. I'll start sending out a small armada of e-mails to the vteran posters I know. And they aren't going to want teeny countries.

Comment

There are plenty of major nations left, especially some of the Islamic ones.
                      Say, RocMaster, would you mind picking a more minor nation, such as Bulgaria or maybe Georgia, so as to leave France open for some of the more veteran story threaders? I don't mean to be prejudiced against newbies, but we really need some vets if this thread is to succeed.

Midshipman: Yes, you are the pope, but don't expect too much special treatment.

------------------
                      AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

Well, hey, if I'm the pope, that should give me some influence around all of Europe. Granted, the Byzantines won't listen to me that much, but West Europe should. I was just wondering.

Comment

For that matter, since I'm the Byzantines, didn't most countries in Europe have some sort of awe for the Byzantine Empire as successor to the Roman Empire and as the "stalwart defender against the Islamic hordes."

------------------
                          AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

Yeah. The two most powerful forces in medieval Europe were the church, and teh Roman Empire. So, as successor to the Roman empire, you would have great standing.

At least that's what I think. I should have stayed awake longer in world history.

Comment

Ill take Kingdom of Poland which kicked many times German Troops then (1002-1018 for example)
                              "We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Comment

The papacy in 1000 was being led by a very powerful and assertive pope (I forget his name, although I remember that beforehe became pope his name was Gerber). The Byzantine Empire also had strong leadership in 1000 AD, I think it was either Basil I or Basil II.

Just a note, but one of the up-and-coming nations in 1000AD was Poland, under Boleslav the Brave.

Also, if someone wanted to lead an organization that was not exactly a nation (I'm thinking specifically of Mao in this case, someone ought to notify him of this), they could pick to be the leader of the Cluniac Monastic order (I think the leader's name was Odo), based in Cluny (in southern France). The Cluniac order was very influential at this time, and was essentially the right hand of the papacy. The main church in Cluny was the largest building in western Europe at that time (I think).

(I've used far too many parentheses in this post )

------------------
                                AKA GeoDude

-GeoDan

Comment

Working...
                                X