No announcement yet.

The World 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The United States will convene the NATO meeting at Camp David in two weeks.
    [This message has been edited by Scott F (edited July 05, 2000).]

Comment

• (ooc: I'll be running the civilian side of Japanese affairs)

Ise Hatomori, Prime Minister and head of the Prosperity Party rose to the podium that overlooked the Japanese National Assembly

"The old has been swept away and nothing now stands in the way between us and the dawning of a new age of peace and prosperity. With our new constitution, Imperial power has been restored, the military reestablished, and parlaimentary stability has been ensured. Japan shall once again stand tall and be a glorious example among nations. But before we can lend a hand to our neighbors we must set our own house in order. Prosperity must be return for our land so that wealth may once again flow from our land like a flood.
      The centerpiece of our economic stabilization plan is a moritorium on national debt repayment. Although we recognize the duty that we owe to those that have leant the government money, the reestablishment of Japanese prosperity must come first. But this is but the first step on the road that the government must lead the nation. Interest rates shall be cut and the Yen depreciated so that Japanese investment and exports shall reach new new heights. This shall surely compensate Japanese investors for the delay in debt repayment.
      Second only to the problem of the crushing weight of our debt is the plight of our banking system. Some of our most eminent banking houses flounder in a sea of red ink. This cannot be allowed to continue. But instead of pouring money into bailing out these failing banks we shall nationalize all banks in danger of bankruptcy and ensure than the Ministry of Finance guides them towards serving the good of the nation until it is expediant for them to be reprivatized. This nationalization shall be funded by a one-time tax of forieng assets owned by Japanese citizens.
      Yet another problem that stands in the way of prosperity is the bloated weight of our government bureaucracy. Our taxation system will be simplified and a new flat income tax shall be established. Our social welfare system shall be replaced with a National Stipend that shall supply each Japanese citizen with the money necessary for basic sustenance, shelter, education, and healthcare. But how it shall be spend shall be determined by the citizenry rather than the bureaucracy.
      Another impediment that must be removed is our reliance of oil imports. This cannot be allowed to continue. As a result it is now the highest priority of the Ministry of Science to develop alternative fuel sources
      But if we do succead in instituting a new era of prosperity, the danger of inflation shall rear its ugly head. To prevent this from occuring we are in the process of instituting profit-sharing systems in all major industries, so that employees shall take hope a portion of their companies profits. This shall not only improve employee morale and productivity but it shall relieve inflationary wage pressures. In order to compensate employers for this governmental impostion we shall pass new labor laws that industry will find to its liking.
      This, my friends, is bitter medicine and many will find it hard to swallow. But swallow it me must if prosperty is to return to our land.

( Bleh it's almost like I'm back in Econ class. But I had to think of some way of getting Japan out of economic stagnation )

Comment

• ooc: I was not refering to you Mao, someone else. Oh and if you see bigger words in this thread don't worry I have been studying the dictionary today since I got so bored.

IC:
        Russian News
        Russian Government Issues Warning
        The Russian Government has issued a obligatory warning to any territories that are thinking about independence like Chechyna, well at this time there is only one which is Dagestan. We must prevent this insurgency from happening, and spreading to other republics, Dagestan we fear may be the next Insurgent Republic. We must promise the people of this Automous republic that we can do better in politics and in Economics. This warning is not issued to the people of Dagestan, but to the politicans... if you are caught with any signs of corruption you will be exiled from Russia. This may be harsh or not the democratic way, but we are coming down to our last stance at this dangerous obstacle we must overcome the weakness of our political system. - President Vladimir Putin

In the rest of his speech, he feared that thousands of people may be arrested for corruption then kicked out of Russia... but he says it is for Russia's own integrity and stablility. This basically is marshal law (aka state of emergency) anyone found to be with working with the mob, or is a mob member, or is a rebel will be arrested and exiled from Russia... but is not like police can arrest anyone at anytime, Putin Said in the last words of his speech.

OOC: I am sorry it had to come down to this, but nation's like Armenia, China, and Azerbajian are causing problems in our nation.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• To Japan
          For the best of our nations we request a peace treaty... a reestablishment of your Military may mean Russia extra security threats, we don't want war in anyway just peace. So how about a peace treaty?
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• To Japan: We wish you well on your economic initiative and we hope to see your nation prosper in the coming years. We are interested in a peace treaty with your nation should you agree to sign it, as we feel that we have a lot in common and we are the leaders of the Pacific Rim nations.
            We all know what Sodomy is, but does anyone actually know what Gomorrahmy is? I heard that bible thumpers are nazi hillbillies from Arkansas who crossbred with Martha Stewart and are also the gay lovechildren of Andy Warhol and Godzilla...but i cant remember where...oh wait Satan told me that at my Satan Church "Brainwash Children to be Homosexuals" Convention!

Comment

• Bangkok Captured
              A joint UMNO-FUNCINPEC-VRP army has finally captured Bangkok, the DRSEAan capital. The DRSEAan government, along with DRSEAan leaders and troops in Bangkok had fled from Bangkok, burning as much as they could before rebel forces could capture it. It is believed the DRSEAans fled northward towards the town of Nakhon Ratchasima.
              Rebel forces now control a quarter to a third of Thailand.

DRSEAans Flee From Vietnam
              After the fall of the DRSEAan capital, DRSEAan troops remaining in Vietnam have started to move westward through Laos, then south to Thailand. DRSEAan troops in Laos have likewise done the same.

DRSEA Defeated in Battle of Tavoy
              DRSEAan troops in Tavoy retreated when news of the fall of the DRSEAan capital reached troops Tavoy, only to find that they were surrounded on three sides by the BVRP. Troop morale had fallen sharply after the fall of their capital, and most simply gave up to the BVRP. The few remaining DRSEAan troops who didn't give up tried to make a run toward the mountains, but were easily shot by BVRP soldiers.

Kachin Faction Eliminated
              The Kachin faction has surrendered to the BVRP after weeks of negotiations, receiving the same benefits as the Chin faction will receive. Negotiations are also under with the Shan and Karen factions, with the BVRP hoping to reunited Burma under one banner.

Popular Revolt in CPP Cambodia
              Hundreds of angry peasants revolted after CPP efforts to increase rice production by putting peasants into communes failed after famine hit northern Cambodia, due to several rice crop failures from the recent drought. The peasants have taken control of the Cambodian town of Phumi Samraong, and the CPP has so far made no efforts to retake control of the town.
              Minister of UFQPOT
              Division of the (un)glorious PROT!
              CEO of the SSPC

Comment

• OOC: It's not an Empire I rule but Israel. I only occupy the other lands. Besides, I recently destroyed guerillas in my territory. Anyway Bearcat it's nice to have a war going on, be fair okay?

But, hehehe, war is war...Muahahahahaha!

Premier Joolseph states Martial Law

Due to the latest arab uprising (where exactly? i am assuming NOT in Israel) all Mossad Police and Motorized Heavy Assualt Teams have been Mobilized. Three Brigades are now on patrol in Israel itself and 5 in Arab occupied zones. Premier Joolseph said

"I am not surprised. As we all know, we recently defeated the minions of Hussein that spread all over the Middle East. This guerilla force will be taken seriously, but as long as it maurades on Arab land, I don't care. Let the bastards scorch their own earth.

Prime Minister Joolseph said that the democratic elections in Israel's Occupied Provinces will need to be held in a quicker tempo.

He also ordered All Jews ,living together with Arabs, to maintain calm and that if any of them would start a riot, they would be shot or send to Mossad Security Prison (the most brutal in the world )

Mossad Security Top Priority Orders

-Infiltration of Guerilla Forces
                -Penetration of Guerilla Forces
                -Finding Source of Gun Delivieries, then executing/destroying it.
                -Assasination of Leader at one of his public speakings
                -Mossad terrorization of supportes of Guerilla Forces
                -Sweeping Land for possible smugglers shipping weapons, then executing them.
                -Land, Sea and Air Blockade
                -Fortifying Artillery on Border
                -Mobilizing Crack Infantry Troops to directly assualt guerillas if fired upon, men mobilized 50,000

*We will not send any more troops then the 8 Mossad brigades and 50,000 men in Anti Partisan brigades. We don't want this to be a real war.

MOD, i would be happy if you told me which ones succeded.

Handouts to the Poor

50 New Shelters have been opened. Homeless Arabs are invited to them.

Money handed out to Arabs

Times are hard, we give each family the size of 4 and above 1000 dollars and each family of size 3 800 dollars.

Jobs offered to Arabs

8 oil refineries have been destroyed in Iraq. We are happy to say that a few new ones will be opened in Israel, people, no matter if circumsized or not, are welcome to work in them.

Report yourself to Job Centers.

NOTE: One of the requirements of accepting handouts/jobs is

*You will never in your life support Guerilla or Terrorist Organizations on the territory of Israel or any other territories. If you yourself are victim of extortion or terrorization report it to Mossad Police and they will help you solve your problem.

I know arabs will be suspectful, but some people who just want to estalish family will think this is groovy
                [This message has been edited by Jools (edited July 06, 2000).]
                Jools Weevil Jr.
                what have you been drinking again jools?-MarkG
                Have a nice ****ing day

Comment

• OOC: This is not the 'Israeli Zionist Empire' or whatever! It's just Israel, a democratic nation, you know.

Peace Treaty Signed with Russia

Israeli Foreign Minister signed a Peace Treaty with Russia Last Night in Moscow. He also stated that "Israel will no longer support Chechens, unless they have Russian approval".

He also commented that the ceremony was grand and the atmosphere very friendly.

Arab Leader invited to Jerusalem

Premier Joolseph took the senates advice and decided to meet/negotiate with the Arab leader.

"I don't know what their problem is, we just want to circumsize!"

Commented the premier... euh no wait...

"I know that Arabs hate Jews and vice versa. This, to me, is very ironic, we are all descendants of the same race. We should be brothers.
                  I hope that the fighting in Arab countries under our influence will cease. As I promised to the people, Democratic elections will be held in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Iraq. I want to rid myself of maintaining peace there. It is costing us too much financially. If the Arabs want to slaughter themselves, good, but they have to wait while we withdraw"

If the Arab Leader decides to come to Jerusalem, all hostilities will cease.

Reporters Welcome

Reporters from all over the globe are welcome to our nation.

Anyone can be in government

Even though Premier Joolseph is not very popular in the government, and that the current situation is bad, the Prime Minister managed to change the article saying that only "Jews and people of Jewish Origin can be in government"
                  He claimed that this is part of his tolerancy policy. Zionist Terror Organizations and Political Analysts say that this is an infringment of the idea that Israel is "a safe haven for Jews, that are being discriminized all over the world"

p.s. I am not bombing anybody. I want the civilian side, wether arab or jewish to be on my side, so I am not using 'scorch the enemies earth' tactic. Me try being good to peoples. UGH! no... OY VEY!

I just want to remind you that I didn't conquer these countries, according to my storyline, which I have a right to forge : Saddam Attacked me whilst penetrating the governments of Syria, Lebanon etc... I destroyed saddam and overthrew the governments.

Sheesh, long one.
                  Jools Weevil Jr.
                  Have a nice ****ing day

Comment

• Don't Supply Arabs

Premier Joolseph asked the sovereign Nations of the world not to supply the Arab Rioters with ammo and guns.
                    For security precautions a Naval, Land and Air blockade has ben enstated.

"If the Rioters run out of ammunition, which I think they will, they wont be a threat to anyone, not to Israel, not to Arabs. Their tone will change. Let's see how popular they really are..."
                    Jools Weevil Jr.
                    Have a nice ****ing day

Comment

• Invasion of Singapore!

Following news of the closing of Singapore to international shipping, the United Kingdom decided to secure the port island. Task force Lionheart was deployed from the UK carrying 6,000 soldiers and the Royal Dragoon Guards, one of Britains foremost armoured regiments.

At 04:00 local time HMS Illustrious launched its harriers for a dusk raid on any coastal fortifications on the small island avoiding the city's population and economic centers. At 06:00 HMS Ocean, Albion, and Bulwark closed into range. Landing craft and helicopters erupted from Ocean and Albion bringing the bulk of the 6,000 man force ashore. Once a beach head was secured, Bulwark came in and disgourged the Royal Dragoon Guards. Once the task force was ashore, they made the way into Singapore proper mopping up token resistance on the island making sure to do little damage to city infrastruture. Once most of the island was in British hands Illustrious once again deployer her harriers in a screen for any landing craft attempting to land reinforcements. By 17:00 local time, the entire city was in the hands of the UK.

Foreign Minister

To U.S.

What say you on the weapons purchase?

To India

The UK is thrilled enourmously to see a government supporting educational reforms to help the impoverished. We look forward to working with you. Military deals from the UK may be possible if you are willing.
                      When the stars threw down their spears,
                      and water'd heaven with their tears,
                      Did he smile his work to see?
                      Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

• To Israel: We accept this peace treaty. We will supply you during this minor war if needed...

Comment

• The United States watches the situation in the Middle East with interest. The Israeli action runs contrary to all efforts for peace in the Middle East. Israel cannot hope to successfully control such a large area on their own. If they are not careful, the oppressed Arab peoples will rise up and Israel itself shall be destroyed.

The United States is withholding all aid to the government of Israel until it comes to its senses and realizes the madness it is attempting.

In other news, in the Congress, Republicans are calling for a bill cancelling IMF funding to Russia and recalling the vast loans already issued. Said one senator, "If Russia can afford to repair and deploy its rusting navy, they don't need our money and they don't need the IMF's money." (OOC: Recalling the IMF loans and refusing future loans will destroy the Russian economy in an instant. Even Giancarlo's reforms would be nothing when compared to the catastrophe this would cause. It would take about five years to get Russia back to the point that it is currently at, let alone make anything better.

*secret*
                          Somewhere in the Arizona desert, technicians worked and consoles, controlling the vast series of optics and mirrors that directed the laser. A product of the Star Wars program, the laser and the entire facility were built to destroy enemy satellites and even missiles in time of war. The system had never successfully destroyed a missile, but satellites were another matter.

In the dark of the Arizona night, the technicians worked away, finally, having computed the targeting solutions, the laser fired multiple times, some fifteen in all.

In space, the fused pieces of plastic and metal that were once satellites began to fall to earth and burn up in the atmosphere.

The Israeli government became disturbed when all of its military, spy, and communications satellites went dead for no reason.

In Arizona, the technicians continued to compute firing solutions. There were many targets on the NSA and CIA lists...

*still secret*
                          On the Lebanese coast, a submarine broke the surface. Unnoticed because of the satellite window and the destruction of the Israeli satellites, the submarine waited as boats approached from the coast. The boats soon returned to the shore as the submarine dove beneath the waves, totally unseen.

The Arab rebels would be causing Israel a lot of trouble now. They had been given a large number of Russian guns, a sizable amount of ammunition, numerous shoulder SAMs, and quite a few anti-tank missiles. Best of all, no one could determine who was arming the rebels, but it was known that they were using Russian weapons.

Also, within the United States, NSA, CIA, and FBI agents moved quickly, capturing many people expected of spying for the Mossad. The public, however, knows nothing of this.

*end secret*

To the United Kingdom:
                          What do you want to buy?

Comment

• Greater Protection for Historical Sites

Today, Prime Minister Gerhard Schroeder signed a bill which would give more historical sites in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and Luxembourg protected status. Citizens throughout Germany and it's confederated nations, aware of their rich history, have applauded this motion.

Increased Trade Capacity in the Netherlands

The port and shippng facilities in the Dutch cities of Rotterdam and Amsterdam are being renovates and expanded to allow for more trade. "An increased amount of trade coming in through the Netherlands is the key to beginning our nation's economic growth," said the German Finance Minister.

Factories Built in Thuringen, Sachsen

In recent months, numerous factories have been built in the German states of Thuringen (Thuringia) and Sachsen (Saxony). The German government is hoping to mold the areas into produciton centers for manufactured goods, including military armaments.

German Military Advisors Urging A Larger Military

In response to suggestions by top military advisors, the German government has begun a campaign to bring in more enlistees in the army. Additionally, several factories for military armaments and equipment have been built. More aircraft and ships are being built as well.

To India:
                            We applaud the reforms you have enacted, and suggest an alliance between our nations.

To Japan:
                            We wish you good luck in the growth of your economy. We suggest an alliance between our nations.

Germany will convene at the NATO conference at Camp David.

edit: fixed a spelling error
                            [This message has been edited by Geography Dan (edited July 06, 2000).]
                            -GeoDan

Comment

• OoC: I took a class in economics, and if I am following the plans I have now, I will be abled to eliminate all debt from Russia within 3 years. Infact our Navy is not being deployed anywhere now, it is staying in their bases. IT is dirt broke. We are just getting a little bit of money in from private funding, or donations (not bribes) from Government Officials, such as myself. And since Yeltsin was arrested, all of the money he stole went back to the Economy, Military, and government. But mostly to the economy.

IC:
                              New Funding Programme
                              This new economic programme will build up more funding for the Russian Government so we can repay our loans. This programme will overrun any cancellation of aid money, and attempt to salvage any money it can out various programs. As this programme contiunes the space program will be sadly cancelled so we can gather funds to repay bond payments including the interest rate that lies with them. We urge nations to help us with this economic slump, if we work together we can get things done. [i]The fact is we can't send our navy out anymore because it is flat out broke, it is only used for defensive measures.[i] - President Putin.

This is a message to the republicans in the US: Why cut back on funding? For what? We aren't what we were 20 years ago, we aren't going to take that and put in a missle program. We aren't going to build our military up to 4 million again, infact we are cutting it down to 1 million. Is this too much to ask for? We need to repair our Health and Education System... the quality of these programs are infact good but funding is being cut back. Please reconsider this, and allow Russians to live better lives and be on the same level of Americans without another Cold War or Violence. Please, send reconsider this, and don't cancel Aid, because even with the toughest funding programme Russia won't survive. Or do you want Russia to plunge even more? We are not a communist state, we are a "Federal Republic" and plan to keep it that way. Communism is dead.

The President expressed how Russia would fall apart if IMF funding didn't come in.

Health Update
                              Male - 63.4
                              Female - 72.5
                              Percentage Funded - 65%
                              Quality - C-

Education
                              Literacy Rate - 100%
                              Quality - C
                              Percentage Funded - 77%

Comment

• Russian Aide to Israel

We greatly and deeply appreciate your aide. We are also following your example, hastening democratic referendums in Arab countries (same as your action in Dagestan).

The USA has blinded our sattelites. We wish to acquire information from yours, even for a price.
                                I don't know what the 'peacekeepers' are up to.
                                Jools Weevil Jr.
                                Have a nice ****ing day

Comment

Working...
                                X