The Age of Imperialism Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all nations:
    Sweden is all but defeated, their armies may continue to fight but they cannot win. The allies of Sweden are throwing their mens lives away as they hopelessly try to bolster Swedish defences. Your situation is hopeless, can't you see that, your troops kill a thousand Russians and then ten thousand more show up. You cannot stop us, you cannot even slow us down for very long. Stockholm has fallen and it won't be long before Russian armies are near Denmark. Surrender now while your men may still live or lose and face ultimate defeat.
    --------------

OOC: Bearcat, your situation is realistically hopeless, go get another nation and start again.
    If they aren't free by now then they can stay in jail

Comment

OOC: Bearcat, if you wanna give up on Sweden, then take China!! They have a navy and hundreds of millions of people! If you take it then i am sure after a small amount of negotiations my attacks will stop!! Do it Do it Do it!!
      We all know what Sodomy is, but does anyone actually know what Gomorrahmy is? I heard that bible thumpers are nazi hillbillies from Arkansas who crossbred with Martha Stewart and are also the gay lovechildren of Andy Warhol and Godzilla...but i cant remember where...oh wait Satan told me that at my Satan Church "Brainwash Children to be Homosexuals" Convention!

Comment

Moderator Event

Swedish Counterattack!
        The Russian advance has been virtually unstoppable. Thanks to the mild winter thus far, they have been able to easily advance across the rough terrain of Sweden with little difficulty. Unfortunately, the speed of the Russian advance combined with the poor transportation system in the area to cause the Russians incredible logistical problems. Artillery and rifles ran short of ammunition. The overextended supply lines, combined with the Swedish destruction of farms and potential sources of food, left tens of thousands of Russian soldiers hungry or starving. Despite all of this, the Russian forces had advanced, led onward by the iron will of their commanders.

Unfortunately, even the iron will of the Russian commanders and incredible numerical strength of the Russian Army was not enough to save them from the worst blizzard in over a hundred years. The Russians began to freeze. Short on munitions, food, and supplies, the Russians faced a sudden disaster. As total victory filled the eyes of the Russian leaders, they were blind to the massing enemy forces.

In the second week of the blizzard, the Swedish Army, along with French and Portuguese forces, launched a combined counteroffensive against the Russians, taking them completely by surprise. Along the entire front, from Oslo to Stockholm the Russians began to fall back. The tide of the war seems to have temporarily turned.

The Russians, seeking to throw more men at the Swedes and halt their counteroffensive, prepared to move thousands of fresh troops to the front. Their hopes of halting the advance with reinforcements proved fruitless, as Swedish civilians began to sabotage the vital rail lines which supplied the Russian Army.

Unable to get ammunition, lacking reinforcements, hungry, freezing and starving, the Russians began a long retreat from the Scandinavian peninsula. As the Swedish attack slowed, the Russians had been driven back northeast of Trondheim.

Many across Sweden said that an act of God, a miracle, had saved Sweden from the Slavic hordes. Only time, however, can tell if the Swedes will be able to consolidate their advance and hold off the inevitable Russian counteroffensive.

OOM: An act of god has given Sweden one more chance. Bolo advanced too quickly. He lacks the ability to supply and reinforce his men at such long distances, over such poor terrain, and with such a terrible infrastructure. For example, Swedish rail lines use a different gauge track than Russian railroad lines, meaning that Bolo must either capture rolling stock or build new rolling stock to supply his men. Given the rather poor condition of the Russian industries for such things, the latter option is out. Even worse, it is winter, and that alone should have slowed him down.

Comment

OOC: Speed? What are you talking about this is the third month of the campaign I have to say I have taken my sweet time conquering such a pathetic little weiner state. I think since my Generals are halfway competent I would have supplied my troops with winter clothing. As I began my attack in September, and as of May the first it is December I will accept this, and retreat in good order to superior defencive postions.
          I have to say though blizzards affect both sides in the same manner. The Swedes logistics may be better, and they may be better trained but an offensive in the middle of a blizzard in December 1885? Come on, of all the nations only German troops might be diciplined enough to attack in such weather. French and Portegeuse troops attacking in a blizzard? Excuse me while I laugh. You are thinking like this is the Eastern front circa 1941, I am doubting the Russians or Germans put together heavy offensives in the middle of a blizzard in 1915, let alone before.
          But if the mod, after reading my critique decides that his act of god and its consequences stand then I will abide by it.
          -----------

IC

In the face of the weather and heavy Swedish attacks Russian troops have begun withdrawing to more defensible positions in as orderly and speedily a manner as they can. Russian Generals do not believe the Swedes will be able to continue any sustained offensive in this weather and considering that many of their key industrial centers were being overrun or were within range or Artillery. Russian generals doubt Swedish ability to mount any kind of sustained offensive despite the weather.

Comment

Portugese reinforcements arrive.

The conscription of Portugese troops are beginning to take effect. The frech troops are relieving trained and professional troops throughout the empire. The professional troops are being sent to Sweden to help fight the Russians. The troops are slowly being unloaded in Trondheim, Aalesund and Bergen. After being handed their winter combat gear and given a brief introduction on what to expect, they are sent to the front. Not to fight to begin with, but to learn. 15.000 more troops are expected to arrive over the next month, while training is expected to be two weeks.

Factories upgraded and built.

Since the war started, there has been a renewal of the factories and some new ones have been built. Full production of equipment and weaponry is expected to begin shortly.
            Lo there do I see my father
            Lo there do I see my mother
            and my sisters and my brothers
            Lo there do I see the line of my people
            back to the begining
            Lo they do call to me
            They bid me take my place among them
            in the Halls of Valhalla
            where the brave may live forever

Comment

Mod Stuff:
              Terrain in Scandinavia is hard to advance over, Bolo. It is not open plains. It is mountainous, hilly, and densely forested, as I am sure Coug can tell you. I merely thought that your advance went a bit quickly, given terrain, training, weather, and equipment factors. I have thrown you back to where I think you should realistically be.

Assuming that winter starts in late October or early November, the Russian offensive in Sweden would have stopped a while back, but it didn't. You also face a better trained enemy who knows the terrain better, has better weaponry, and better supplies than you.

BTW:
              Since the time of Frederick the Great, the German Army has launched only one winter offensive, and that was the Ardennes Offensive of 1944.

Comment

OOC: The Soviet Union came to the conclusion that they could reach the Bay of Biscay in two weeks. Norway? They estimated a month. This is due to very rugged terrain.... to say the least......
                Lo there do I see my father
                Lo there do I see my mother
                and my sisters and my brothers
                Lo there do I see the line of my people
                back to the begining
                Lo they do call to me
                They bid me take my place among them
                in the Halls of Valhalla
                where the brave may live forever

Comment

To: Japan

We will try to work something out with the Chinese. We hope to avoid as much bloodshed as possible. These are the initial terms we have drawn up:

1. Imperial China cede the territory of Manchuria to the Empire of Japan

2. Japan pay [insert realistic figure here, sorry Scott, I'm not too great on this stuff] to the Empire of China.

3. All Manchurians, Koreans or Chinese who wish to leave Manchuria and Korea in order to resettle in China proper.

OOC: I think that's it. Scott, since you're mod, you'll have to play the part of China I guess (sorry ) so you'll have to say if they accept or not.

Britain Declares War on Russia!

Her Majesty has ordered war on Russia after their aggressive ways and complete ignorance of our warnings. The fleet currently in the Baltic has been ordered to first scout for any Russia ships in the area and destroy them. After that, a contingent is to go towards Sweden and bombard the Russia armies advancing upon Sweden. Her Majesty has also asked her allies of Germany and Spain to declare war on Russia also.

*****SECRET*****

Russia has proved to be incredibly aggressive. If they area allowed victory, where will they stop? We ask you to declare war on them as well in the name of world security. This may also be a new way of acquiring territory with the hopeful end of your campaigns in China.
                  Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Britain Anounces Plan to Industrialize Her Colonies!

Her Majesty's ministers today annouced a plan to industrialize Britain's colonies. Though this will take some time, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
                    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Japanese generals have ordered a halt to the assault in Machuria. The troops are exhausted and our supply lines are long, so for the next several months, our advance will stop until the Korean infrastructure is repaired enough to keep supplies flowing. This is in reaction to the Russian reversal in Sweden which resulted from overextended lines and supply routes. A state of trench warfare has now begun in Manchuria along a line running from Ning'an on the Russian border to Jilin to Liaoyuan to Benxi to Anshan on the Yellow Sea. 200,000 Japanese troops armed with modern weapons and artillery face off with 450,000 Chinese, partially armed with modern weapons, mostly archaic muskets and cannons. The Japanese, though outnumbered, hold the advantage over the Chinese with fields of barbed wire, scathing artillery fire, and well trained and motivated troops. Soon, the troops will be augmented by Korean militia, recently trained and admitted into the Empire as full citizens, Korea is putting a whole hearted effort into the war.

In other news, the Japanese fleet is fully underway, with several of the Armored Cruisers coming into service in the upcoming months and a Battleship to be completed in the Spring along with several more Armored Cruisers. 6 more Ironclads have been completed and are now protecting northern harbors.

Korean Defense officers have begun construction on a fleet of 4 Ironclads for protection of the colony in the shipyards of the central region near Seoul. Industries are planning new plants in the colony as well as in the Home Islands in the continued effort at Industrialization.

To England: Currently we are in a rather precarious position in the world. We are a rising power with a fleet now being born in the shipyards of our Home Islands. We feel that a war with a world power like Russia will do nothign but destroy our recent accomlishments in Korea and any dreams of Empire! For the time being we will sit out the war and will only act if attacked!

To Russia: We do not want to enter in the war with you as you are currently our major trading partner and friend. Though we were asked, we do not wish to dampen our relations and devastate our economy. We do feel that you should cease your aggressions in Sweden. Look at them now, they dont pose a threat to you at all as you have all but gutted their nation and killed a huge percentage of their population!

To USA: We still await your response on our proposal to reawaken diplomatic relations between us!

To France: We are interested in purchasing Indochina from you if you are interested! We are willing to pay as much as you feel is needed to see this happen!

To China: Please allow us to stop this bloodshed! We require Manchuria for our Empire, and we know you dont want to rule the Manchus anyway! How about we settle this dispute out of the battlefield with gold or silver or even industrial aid!! Please get back to us regarding this matter! >
                      We all know what Sodomy is, but does anyone actually know what Gomorrahmy is? I heard that bible thumpers are nazi hillbillies from Arkansas who crossbred with Martha Stewart and are also the gay lovechildren of Andy Warhol and Godzilla...but i cant remember where...oh wait Satan told me that at my Satan Church "Brainwash Children to be Homosexuals" Convention!

Comment

We desire 800 Million Dollars.

------------------
                        Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
                        Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
                        The more you know, the more you realize you dont know - Shep

Comment

With the setbacks and reversals from the previous month the Russian army has regrouped on a line from Trondheim to Harnosand. The Swedish attack had driven the Russians back quite a but but the horrible weather prevented the Swedes from making any sustained advance. The Russian army was able to regroup and form a defensive line, Swedish attacks on the line have been rebuffed as Russian supplies finally caught up with the advance.
                          Russian Generals have decided that they would use January as a staging month, and renew the advance in February. Russian troops would be resupplied the damage would be fixed and Russian troops would be resupplied. In the mean time casualties had been replaced and troop morale was still high despite the setbacks. They knew that Russia would prevail and that nothing the broken Swedes or their allies could do would stop them.

To Japan:
                          Don't worry we don't expect any aid from you, we can appretiate the precarious position you're in and we do not wish to aggrevate it any further.

To Sweden:
                          Your nation is broken, you are defeated, it is only a matter of time before your ultimate defeat. Surrender now and avoid further bloodshed.

To Germany:
                          We are willing to provide you with all the Iron you may need for you industries. With Swedish production gone we know you will begin to feel a shortage very shortly.

Comment

Bad post!!
                            [This message has been edited by gscott23x3 (edited May 03, 2000).]

Comment

Whew... the Swedish have forgotten us for some time...

To JAPAN:
                              What are these claims that the US plans to invade Argentina? Are they true?

More details on the Uruguayan campaign later....

Comment

Trench warfare continues in Manchuria between Japanese and Chinese troops around major southern cities.

In the meantime, work has increased on the Japanese Navy as more and more workers stream into the cities from the farms and rice paddies to work in the new factories springing up in Japan. Efforts are underway to turn Korea into a vast farmland for Japan and to industrialize very minimally in that colony. Should Manchuria be incorporated into the Empire, it will become a resource field and industrial center for our new empire. Another Ironclad is completed and is now protecting Kyushu from pirates and invaders.

To Orania: We wish to inquire upon the state of your empire and if you are in need of any asistance in any matters?

To Russia: Congratulations on your victory in Sweden! We would like to purchase raw minerals from the vast tracts of Siberia as we are in rather short supply at this time. Please respond on our offer!

[This message has been edited by gscott23x3 (edited May 03, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                                X