No announcement yet.

The Age of Imperialism Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia continues to pour on men and material, shear numbers of men overwhelm positions that could never be taken otherwise. The superior Swedish troops fought back as best they could but they were hopelessly out numbered. It was a depressing sight for Swedish defenders to fight so valiently and still be overwhelmed by massive Russian onslaughts on men and artillery bombardments.
    Casualties are heavy yet the First, and Third field army continues its march to Stockholm. Despite Swedish propaganda Russian troops remain loyal and continue marching and obeying the orders of their democratically elected government. (See my very first post for explanation of how I became democratic). French troops which are begining to show up in Swedish lines in greater numbers are helping the Swedes but it isn't enough.
    Russian troops are within one hundred miles of Oslo, and one hundred twenty five miles of Stockholm. The forces of the Eighth field army have captured the Norwegian city of Trondheim. Despite superior training, Sweden is losing the war not even the help of her loyal allies will be able to stop Russia from annexing the Swedish Kingdom.
    If they aren't free by now then they can stay in jail

Comment

Spain orders full mobilization in preperation for Russian defense.
      All troops are being recalled, andwe will be getting ready to move them to Germany.

To France:
      May we move our army through your territory to Germany so that we will be in a position to defend all of Europe against the Russian menace.
      But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
      If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
      He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
      But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

Heavy Portugese artillery has been unloaded in Gothenburg and already seen action. The Russian troops that pushed towards Oslo has been stalled. The waves of Russian soldiers continue to pour into the area though, but thanks to the artillery, they have been stopped. Trenches have been dug and there is currently a stalemate in the front around Oslo. Gauntling guns have arrived and it's expected that there will still be a stalemate for weeks to come.
        [This message has been edited by Coug (edited April 29, 2000).]
        Lo there do I see my father
        Lo there do I see my mother
        and my sisters and my brothers
        Lo there do I see the line of my people
        back to the begining
        Lo they do call to me
        They bid me take my place among them
        in the Halls of Valhalla
        where the brave may live forever

Comment

Japanese troops have taken Chinnampo, Pyongyang and Wonsan in weeks of heavy fighting. The 3rd corps, after being the brunt of the fighting, has been ordered to rest and replenish numbers, horribly depleted, while the others continue onward, seeing their substantially lower casualty rate. The Emperor himself bestows decorations on the troops of the 3rd Corps for their bravery and promises them fame and glory in the new empire after the war.

To Russia: Should you need them, we have supplies stockpiled in Sapporo and Korea waiting for use. Just let us know and we can send you medical supplies and ammunition.

To England: What do you say of our earlier proposal to cooperate in China so that we may both acquire the territory we desire.

To USA: Our emperor has gotten over his fit of anger at your nation. Would you be willing to resume a diplomatic correspondence? Both of our empires have so much to offer each other in the way of trade and culture!
          We all know what Sodomy is, but does anyone actually know what Gomorrahmy is? I heard that bible thumpers are nazi hillbillies from Arkansas who crossbred with Martha Stewart and are also the gay lovechildren of Andy Warhol and Godzilla...but i cant remember where...oh wait Satan told me that at my Satan Church "Brainwash Children to be Homosexuals" Convention!

Comment

To: Japan

We have no territorial ambitions in China, in fact, we support the regime in getting back on its feet. No doubt you have already found out about us supplying them with weapons in exchange for Hong Kong (BTW Scott approved it).

A squadron of warships along with a contingent of freighters arrived in the Suez Canal. Their orders are to destroy the Canal if threatened.

Another shipment of weapons has arrived in China. These weapons are being exchanged for money as well as the territory of Hong Kong.

To: Russia

Pull out of Sweden or we will intervene. This is your last warning.
            Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

To: Germany and Spain

Russia has made a blatant act of aggression. If this continues, Her Majesty would like to ask you to join her in declaring war on the Eastern Bear and his Ottoman friend if necessary.

Many ships from the Atlantic Fleet is being recalled to the North Sea in anticipation of a war with Russia. The Medditerranean Fleet is being reinforced by ships from the Indian Fleet. Troops from Australia are being sent to Egypt in case of Ottoman aggression.

Comment

His majesty expresses grave concern at the Chinese acquisition of modern weaponry. He send his deepest regrets to the families of those who have died, and hopes there are few more in the quest to bring enlightenment to China and space for Japan to grow.

Imperial Troops have taken the cities of Hamhung and Anju in northern Korea, but are currently entrenched north of the cities. Several thousand Chinese, armed with modern weapons have arrived and combat is occurring, but the untrained troops are expected to be broken soon.

To Argentina: Stop your War with Sweden at all costs, whatever you need to do to stop it do it immediately!! You must protect yourselves from the USA, so save everything for them and not Sweden.

To England: We understand that you dont have any ambitions. Also we hold no grudge about your supplying the Chinese with weapons as you needed to do something to get Hong Kong, and this was a good thing to do...we would have done the same thing.

We all know what Sodomy is, but does anyone actually know what Gomorrahmy is? I heard that bible thumpers are nazi hillbillies from Arkansas who crossbred with Martha Stewart and are also the gay lovechildren of Andy Warhol and Godzilla...but i cant remember where...oh wait Satan told me that at my Satan Church "Brainwash Children to be Homosexuals" Convention!

Comment

OOC: Bolo. I don't care how democratic your government is. Your losses are more then significant and morale is based on training and casualties. Also, unless you have reached the West Coast, you wont meet Frenchmen.

------------------
                  Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
                  Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
                  The more you know, the more you realize you dont know - Shep

Comment

Please understand, we do not wish to provoke you, but we also do not wish to see one of our greatest trading partners get destroyed.

Comment

To Britain
                      From Japan
                      We are not out to destroy China. China is big, China is inefficient. We are out to take Korea and Manchuria only, nothing more nothing less. We need them to fuel our exploding population and industry, and also to educate and build housing for the people. And do not worry we are not provoked in the least!

Comment

Russian losses up to date have been horrible but considering the type of war and the terrain being fought on, reasonable.
                        The latest statistics say that there have been:
                        211,017 Dead
                        17,921 wounded
                        37,900 captured
                        Comparitevly the Swedish casulaties have been relatively light yet still heavy in their own right as Sweden has far fewer men to throw around.
                        Estimated Swedish casualties:
                        22,391 Dead
                        57,312 Wounded
                        45,061 Captured
                        -------------

The Russian VII, and XIV Corps of the First field army had reached Stockholm over two weeks ago and the seige would begin shortly, the remaining parts of the First field army was encircling the city and heading for Southern Sweden. They along with the Third Field amry would take Sweden, and with the defence increasignly being focused on Norway this task may be easier then previosuly expected.
                        Portegeuse artillery fire had pinned down a considerable portion of the spearhead of the Fifth field armies, the XXVI Corps. It had been bogged down and under heavy fire for a week now and it had taken another week for Russian heavy artillery to begin firing back to seume the advance. Horrendouse casualties were inflicted on the Russians yet if you killed one thousand another ten thousand rushed to take their place and they fought on. The attack on Oslo would begin in a week and the Eighth field army would be able to begin shelling Bergen soon as well.
                        One, to two months and the Swedes would lose, their territory occupied, and their armies crushed. All their helpful allies would have their armies stranded and captured and the Swedish Kingdom would fall into the ash heap of history where it belonged.
                        [This message has been edited by Bolo (edited April 30, 2000).]
                        If they aren't free by now then they can stay in jail

Comment

The North Sea Fleet, reinforced by elements from the Grand Fleet have moved into the Baltic Sea.

To: Russia

This is your last warning, withdraw or our ships will open fire.

We will try to convince the Chinese to cede you Manchuria in exchange for more weapons from us. This way, there need not be any bloodshed, and the Ming do not have much of a liking to Manchus anyway.

Comment

To the nations of the world:
                            The emperor has returned and acknowledged the situation. The ottoman is in no position for war, and wishes to stay neutral. We have allies on both sides of the conflict, and would dis-honorable to take one side of the war. So we will will stay neutral and hope war doesn't come to us. The border guard has been increased five times, but is still no match for any nation. We will gladly supply any nation at war though.

To Britain: It is not in your best intrest to destroy the Soyuz. Yu will lose very precious trade and we would not be harmed at all. If you do destroy, I will set to rebuilding with my allies and will set a tollfor other countries. Your only reason in Egypt is the canal.

Comment

To: Ottoman Empire

We have no intention of destroying it unless we are threatened. If, in fact, you do intend to stay neutral, you have nothing to fear.

Comment

Japanese troops have crossed the Manchurian border and are now involved in heavy fighting around the cities of Dandong, Tonghua and Yanji as increasingly more and more Chinese troops are found to be armed with modern weapons, sold to them by England.

Korea has now been declared as a japanese colony, and settlers are already making their way into the southern portion of the acquisition. Militias made up of locals and newly arrived settlers are undergoing training in every town south of Seoul, as the locals are now firmly under the benevolent rule of the emperor.

Emperor Sukoto has issued an order for the construction of an additional 4 Battleships and 12 Ironclads to make our Capital Ship Fleet a gargantuan affair. Also 3 ironclads are completed and now serving to protect Tokyo Bay from invaders. More Ironclads are expected soon.

Funds have been appropraited from anywhere possible to fund this huge navy, which the Emperor believes will be the salvation of our nation in a time of war. The construction of Blockade Runners is also under consideration seeing that a blockade of our nation is an all too likely alternative to invasion by foreign powers.

The emperor has ordered that the population of the Home Islands is not to increase 50,000,000. Already it is hovering perilously close to 40,000,000 and the Emperor has ordered restraint in matters of childbirth. Korea has not had any restrictions placed upon it, and none are expected as several hundred thousand civilians are either dead or deported or refugees from the war and over 1,000,000 Japanese settlers have flooded the southern portion of the land and new towns are already under construction.

Industry leaders met in Tokyo today to discuss further expansion in Korea and the Home Islands. Korea will be the target of general expansion along all lines as the Ming Rulers industrialized virtually nothing. Soon, thousands of Koreans will be laboring in Japanese factories to further the Japanese war efforts and improve the quality of their lives.

To England: Please by all means try to negotiate a partition with China. We will pay very handsomely should that happen!!

To Sweden: Surrender you fools!! Surrender now and take generous terms, or else take nothing later and be glad to live!!

Comment

Working...
                                X