Graphics chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can use any modeling program you grab providing that:
    1) It can export (and better yet, import) .3ds files or you have another program for conversion;
    2) It does support explicit UV texturing.
    In fact, there are a lot of freeware modeling programs; some are even good; for example, Wings3D (www.wings3d.com) and Moonlight3D Resurrected (somewhere at sourceforge); but all these good programs lack the second item: texturing. If desperate, you can draw untextured models and I'll texture them; I could'n say it'll be interesting task for me, but if StP development needs it...
    Another item of interest is in shareware programs; there are several good modelers, ac3d for example; again, I can't say its texturing approach is good, but it does exist.
    If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
    Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

• Thanks Targon! I asked my friend and he told me of a program called: Ultimate FX, its shareware but all is unlocked. I will take a look at it later.
      -J.B.-
      Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

• Also look at OpenFX, it was once a commercial program but later GPL'ed and now it's under community development. The only bad thing is that it's Windoze program, and it's pretty unstable under Wine, that's why it's of little interest to me. But it has some real texturing and .3ds import/export.
        I never seen your Ultimate FX, so can't advise anything.
        If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.

Comment

• Ok thanks Targon. I have Windows and Linux so it doesn't matter with me. I'll take a look when Time is avaliable.
          -J.B.-
          Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

• I found an interesting 3D Graphic Program. Its called "K-3D" and Is completely free. I only have trouble downloading it. When I did it wasn't an install application. Any help is appreciated.

I had some problems in Downloading OpenFX so I cant comment on that.

I am having issues aren't I?...

I am trying another program Its called EON Personal Edition. So far I have no Idea how to operate it and its help files are completely gone. Since I have Free one It has no Help. At least its installed.

I have found some 3D graphic Engines and was wondering what type of engine are we going to use?

---
            -J.B.- ~ The person having Several Issues...
            Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

• You're right! K-3D is interesting; but I'm unable to figure out how it supports texturing. I'll try it at home.

Comment

• Thanks Targon. Just one catch. I cant get it to install. Could you put the setup file as an attachment please? As Windows 2000 pro. I would download it but trouble has arisen.
                -J.B.-
                Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

• I compiled it for my Debian 3.0, but it refuses to run. It complains about missing library functions for a while then sigfaults.
                  It looks like they have source downloads only. That's a pity. Try to use it under Real OS, may you will be more lucky.

Comment

• Well I tried it under Win. 2000 pro. I haven't however had time to try it on my SuSe 7.3. Thanks for trying to help. EON has nice screenshots I just need to figure out how to use it without the help.
                    -J.B.-
                    Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Working...
                    X