Ask about Stella Polaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask about Stella Polaris

This thread is dedicated for a small questions that don't warrant new threads as they are not that special or demand too specific explanations. Feel free to ask the development team about the project and issues related to it. Please also check the "Stella Polaris FAQ for Apolytoners" as your question might already been answered there. Also be patient as we aren't always here lurking for possible questions.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

OK, here's a small one.

You mention something about web services in the FAQ.
    What do you mean by that?

A new web site/forums or something else?

Comment

The new web services will be located on a new server, on a different continent, at a different ISP, with a new domain, with a new Stella Polaris website (there's no such website right now, only one about FreeAC) and with new Stella Polaris Forums (not seen yet).
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

OK, thanks Rasbelin

Comment

I have a question.
          About the unit system, how are you planning to implement it? Like CTP (armies), SMAC (unit workshop), Civ3 (Civ2+CTP?)?
          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Stacked combat will be the norm.. unlike CTP2 there wont be a small limit to the # units in an army. If you want to stick your entire military in a single stack, you'll be allowed to.

Units will be designed in a workshop from components, a little more detailed than the SMAC system.

Comment

Stacked combat will be the norm.. unlike CTP2 there wont be a small limit to the # units in an army. If you want to stick your entire military in a single stack, you'll be allowed to.
              I Like that.

Units will be designed in a workshop from components, a little more detailed than the SMAC system.
              I´m not sure about this... I guess It will be wait and see.
              Thank you Blake.
              The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Tech tree?

Comment

Yes, there's going to be a tech tree. It hasn't yet been designed, but it will be done later on.

Comment

All of the details on the FreeAC forums are obviously not online now. Will these major ones be transferred to the SP forums of Poly?

Comment

The contents of FACF aren't moved anywhere. They will be erased and the mySQL database and file attachment uploads will be stored elsewhere.

Comment

At least they're not lost. If there would be some absolute need for them I could fish them back up somewhere..

Comment

maybe very stupid question but what is the deal with the progress how far are you....still brainstorming.....I hope so.....just a little question from a active person on the forum?!
                          Bunnies!
                          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

We're for a large part still in the designing fase - looking at how the game and its mechanics should be set up, how it will work and everything. Also, I believe Blake is working on a very first version of the software, which has minimum functionality. I think more progress will be made once we're on our own server, and can continue things like the Game Outlook Documents and stuff.

Comment

ok thanks i will keep posting any idea i get

for all the people that want to know (I just need to tell this sorry!) we Located Morgan (first faction) in the DGAC
                              Bunnies!
                              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Working...
                              X