No announcement yet.

Ask about Stella Polaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Did you rip the name off from this former scenario league member?
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Answer: No we didn't.

We took the name from Finnish Military intelligence operation during WW2

Nah... It's the latin name for north star.
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Hey, any screenshot of SP ??
        Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

No, there's no screenshots available for the moment.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Sometime ago, it was said that our unit model format may be md2, as from Q2 engine. OK, it is't especialy new, but still may be good for strategy.
            Q: Is it only an opinion or I may begin to draw something other than endless concept art? I hate things like have all my work wasted one morning, but even Alpha1 must own some graphics any here is still underemployed artist. I'll be happy to work hard for interesting game, but I still miss some details, like model format. Can anyone tell me, or it will be Cristmas present?
            Last edited by targon; December 17, 2002, 10:50.
            If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
            Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

Well, that was just a random comment. I dont think we will have much use for the animation model used in MD2.

Feel free to reccomend a model format...

Comment

Choice some graphics engine first (or denote you're writing it by hand), so we may have some loaders in place.
                If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.

Comment

It's for Blake or any other coder, I think...
                  Q1) What is current status for StP development (for example: 0% game engine, 1% UI, 0.5% documentation, 300% splash screens)
                  Q2) Is the StPDT code base autoconf/automake aware or not?

Comment

We need a hot date for the first release of SP, what about this one: 5/9/........ 2017 ?

Comment

That makes me sad, not merry...

Comment

Xarxo,

very, very interesting analysis of the StP project.

P.S. I would have usually replied to that with the spam smiley, but I abstain as you should understand yourself too how primature your verdiction is.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

OK, if you speak about analysis of the StP, could you say how old StP/FreeAC is and how many work (_work_!) is already done?

Comment

I'm doing an online civ game and I don't waste the time in a forum till I finish something to post for ask about it.

At the end, you will do the game, first put your ideas, develop them, create somethimng and then expand the first prototype with this forum, but only is my opinion.

In my game there aren't AIs (minor AI's, yes), just humans, is quite easy compared with yours, so I understand a forum about the game AI, but the other is pretty useless.

Comment

Good luck with your pet project. I like the attitude.

Comment

Xarxo,

wrong thread.

Leland,

thanks for your support!

Comment

Working...
                                X