No announcement yet.

Scenario Design Contest #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Just because he's got unfinished Kyokujitsu and Battle of the Bulge!

Comment

I *was* hoping to release Bulgle sometime soon... not july!

Comment

Then you should release it soon! Please.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Dueling in WW2 sounds good, but I still prefer the wide range of options avaliable in an Asian theme.
          "The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity." - Anonymous
          "I must confess, I was born at a very early age." - Groucho Marx
          "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunatley, it kills all it's pupils." -Hector-Luis Berloiz

Comment

How about the Russo-Japanese War (1904-05)?. It's Asian, industrial, 2 player, cool, and it's never been done before.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I think that we could have "wars of the century" or a "battles of the great wars" 1 on 1 theme.

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
                I think that we could have "wars of the century" or a "battles of the great wars" 1 on 1 theme.
                Hey great idea open up the time limit and go for a duel! I like it!
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Yeah, great idea El Awrence!

Let's see, 'Battles of the Great Wars' opens up The Hundered Years War, Punic Wars, Napoleonic Wars, both the World Wars, Greco-Persian Wars, countless opportunities. I'm sold.
                  "The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity." - Anonymous
                  "I must confess, I was born at a very early age." - Groucho Marx
                  "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunatley, it kills all it's pupils." -Hector-Luis Berloiz

Comment

Me too Im voting with Mordhiem
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by atomant
                      what about an alternate history theme: eg: american civil war fought in 1979, part of the total package could be an explanation of events, the historical context if you will..... Or a Russian invasion of America (as per the movie Red Dawn, or the Nazi victory in Europe, or Iran winning its war with Iraq and so on and so fourth
                      This suggestion seems to get my motor running.
                      "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

I know this probably has a snowball's chance in hell, but if it was decided on that it will be for a Asian scenario, will there be a limit as to when it is based?
                        "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                        "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

An alternate history SDC has, in my opinion, got great potential. I suggested this back for SDC 4, and atomant has brought it up this time. It would really allow peoples imaginations to run riot, there would be no shortage of possibles themes and (hopefully), no shortage of entrants.

A possible format for this could be that the contestant selects one major historical event to alter (e.g. the course of a battle, the assassination of a world leader) and then creates his scenario on what arises from this, whether it starts the next day or he allows the altered timeline to run for a while and starts it ten (or more) years later.
                          STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
                            from me as well. This would allow heaps of freedom of choice while still producing scenarios which can be judged against each other.
                            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmywax
                              I know this probably has a snowball's chance in hell, but if it was decided on that it will be for a Asian scenario, will there be a limit as to when it is based?
                              Definately thats why we are going with the 1 vs 1 Great Battles of all time theme.

Comment

Weeeeee!

Comment

Working...
                                X