Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Design Contest #5

Let's get this ball rolling. Any ideas?

Kobayashi suggested a non-war one which I understand would be something like the Fellowship of the Ring or Roman Riots.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Has it been tradition for the winner to set up the next? I can't remember.

Comment

No. There has usually been considerable discussion before any decision is made regarding subject and major contest parameters.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
          Kobayashi suggested a non-war one which I understand would be something like the Fellowship of the Ring or Roman Riots.
          It could also be about economic warfare with bribing as the only way of conquest.
          This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

That's an excellent idea!
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Bribing would'nt work. You can't incite a revolt in an enemy capitol.

I think another contest around a theme would be good. Maybe sci-fi again. Or even WWII, considering how much WWII stuff people do around here.

Comment

I like the ww2 idea, namely because we would have a lot of entrants unlike the paltry four this time.

I wouldn't submit Kyokujitsu because that wouldn't be very fair, anonymously speaking (considering my codename wouldn't very well conceal that scenario).
                Last edited by DarthVeda; January 18, 2003, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by WarVoid
                  Bribing would'nt work. You can't incite a revolt in an enemy capitol.

I think another contest around a theme would be good. Maybe sci-fi again. Or even WWII, considering how much WWII stuff people do around here.
                  What about Ancient/Medieval China/Asian scenario? It would be original, as far as I know we haven't too much scen about this place on this age. Or maybe about Opium Wars: Colonize Asia! (XIX century)

If the scen is going to be about non-war (say commerce), then Venecia/Italian States on Medieval Age, The Netherlands on Modern Age or even Creta in Acient times could be great places to do scens in.

Another theme I could love would be Punics wars (as far as I remember there are only two scen: Stefan's 3rd Punic War and one scenario-quest about Hannibal).

The problem with the WWII theme, in my humble opinion, is that there are many, many scen about WWII...
                  Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I think the next contsest should be an 'Abstract' contest, as in the scenario's have to go against traditional Civ2 goals such as conquest and technology level. I have a few idea's that I would like to play around with and see if they would work. As long as it is Abstract, then it should qualify. I guess that WV could use his worldly wisdom to determine what is 'Abstract' enough .
                    "The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity." - Anonymous
                    "I must confess, I was born at a very early age." - Groucho Marx
                    "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunatley, it kills all it's pupils." -Hector-Luis Berloiz

Comment

How about only one criterion: the winner wins by building something (e.g. spaceship) to arrive somewhere (e.g. Alpha Centauri)? By not having a warlust victory condition, it could encourage, but not dictate, a tech race. At the start of the contest, someone could donate expertise by explaining how to change the appropriate DLL's. This could get some creative designs!
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

How about requiring that some small conflict should be depicted, that has not previously been made a scenario about?
                        No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
                        - Niccolo Machiavelli
                        LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002 IS OUT NOW!
                        CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND DOWNLOADS!

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav

What about Ancient/Medieval China/Asian scenario? It would be original, as far as I know we haven't too much scen about this place on this age.

Got something cooking...
                          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

I just did that

Comment

I would be interested in furthering the PBEM theme, but maybe in the way of the duel.... not to many 1 on 1 PBEMs are out there. Of course I like the WWII idea as well. Small action WWII PBEM duel perhaps?

-FMK.

Comment

Working...
                              X