Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fairline
    I was never a fan of the original Micropose graphics
    I agree, the original graphics are fairly mediocre compared to some of the excellent fan-made stuff, but the FW graphics are much better.

FF's graphics are beautiful too - is he a professional graphic artist?

Even better, a game designer (didn't you read the first SLM issue? )
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

/me likes AroSh's unitstyle (see avatar for an example)
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Danny Evil Cat's infantry units are also very nice; look at Curt Sibling's Dictator MGE
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I think this is a wrong problem - Nemo or no Nemo, i.e. .

Units and terrain must fit together, i.e. a Nemo terrain with a Nemo unit, Microprose terrain with e Microprose one, and so on.

What's really disgraceful in some scens is that style contamination - i learned it the hardest way.
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

So many diverse opinions...

My take is this, I prefer the Nemo armor units, the Hi-res stuff from Kobi was pretty good with tanks, but the Nemo armor is better.

I'm not a big fan of the Nemo planes, some are good, but most seem to be a bit "chubby", for example, the Nemo He-111 looks pregnant, the Hi Res unit Kobi used is Zwi was a much better looking unit.

Of course, I have been known to replace units with almost all Nemo type units, but I believe in using the best units available.

About what people make, some are quite good, some are horrible, but that is to be expected.

A problem I see is a copying of Nemo scenarios in general, using his and Alex's terrain and units, which leads to a scenario that is just another rehash.

All I care about is that the units look good in the scenario I'm playing.

And Bernd is king, BTW.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
              A problem I see is a copying of Nemo scenarios in general, using his and Alex's terrain and units, which leads to a scenario that is just another rehash.

He he, just today I wrote this same thing in a Civ2 scenario thread @ the Spanish Civ forum. I know you can't read Spanish slang, otherwise I would have thought you merely translated my post

Comment

Working...
              X