Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Preview: Lebensraum 1939

Greetings all,

This is to announce the near completion of this 'new' scenario. You've seen the map before in Exile's Age of War scenario, but thats where the similarities end. This scen is intended for PBEM play with events forcing certain diplomatic situations. These can either be used by the players to shape a game, or be totaly ignored.

One of the interesting things here is that most nations have relatively equal unit building abilities. I tried to make this a rather level WWII scenario indeed. The Germans of course have a few more units at start, and the ability to construct more varied types than most nations. France and Italy have no late war heavy tanks of course, because there is nothing really to fill that gap. However they respectively have 2 armour units and 2 infantry. National strengths are reflected, but only subtly.

And there are alot of nations represented indeed, with a twist! Here is a PBEM map that I will include in the download for people to use in their game. See if you can make out what is going on?!?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by klesh; September 29, 2002, 13:11.

The Main menu

I think using the scrollbar here is great to ad a full intro text.
    Attached Files

Comment

Poland goes down...

Here there German has the decision of invading Poland. He needs to work quickly though, as his western defenses wont hold out long against the Brits and French...
      Attached Files

Comment

Whoops, good going France!

Here the Germans have successfully been able to hold off the Allies long enough to move their forces along the autobahn to the west. It seems it was just long enough, as the fall of France has come quickly. Proper management of the French army could've prevented this...
        Attached Files

Comment

Another invasion?? Sheesh.

An the Germans really get saucy when they chose to strike at the Soviets. This will definately bee a tough one. I will be inpressed if someone can tear into the Soviet Union... But this is PBEM, perhaps they might side with the Germans againt the Italians. Being that the scen starts in '39, with alot of territory being held by the AI (intended for the player to declare soverignity protection) there should be alot of room for political manouvering and backstabing. This is WWII in theme only, it shouldn't follow history per se.
          Attached Files

Comment

'Bout time fellas...

After awhile, the Americans and British decided to do a bit of fighting too. Here we see them in their Operation Overlord, invading German-held France. You know the routine. The Americans are represented both by a military unit buildable to England only (unless she trades it) and a wonder which will aid the war effort.
            Attached Files

Comment

And the Red Army stomps along

Here are the Soviets, holding only one bridgehead across the Oder, making their final assault on Berlin. Germany is pretty much doomed at this point. They can build a desparation wonder that might save them...
              Attached Files

Comment

So I just have like a afternoon's worth of work to get the thing ready for a PBEM test over in the other forum. I have already mentioned this and have a list of people to play it. I think Sun Tzu wants to get one on over at CFC too, but I'll be iun this one here. I'll prolly throw this test version up pon geocities or something for download as well.

Ok, fire the questions away...

-FMK.

Comment

Are there nukes in this scen?

Which nations are supposed to be controlled from the beginning? (Except for the usual suspects. Turkey?)

Can I play?

Oh and this looks bloody good!
                  Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Hey Pavlov, Nope no nukes in this scen. Too devastating for a PBEM imho. Another thing is no railroads. What you see there is roads, with the look of rails. Default railroads are called 'city limits' and surround major cities.

Fully playable nations are Britain, Soviet Union, Italy, Germany, and France. Spain and Turkey are also playable, but just as in the war, they arent as large a threat. They can however mix it up a bit...

I had a player's list from when I had told a few people about this. Henrik, Marko, Case, Anzac, SunTzu, Me, but thats only 6. Lets wait till I get the PBEM thread going to see if those guys are still up for it. You can certainly have a slice of the pie though.

-FMK.

Comment

If you don't mind that I'm working on a similar project (Global War) I'd love to participate.
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Well, I'm working on a project that looks almost identical to this (great minds think alike ), but I'd be happy to participate/steal all the good ideas.

BTW, are you using a special terrain for rivers?
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

well if this is almost done, when are you going to start on Stalingrad again?

Comment

HTower, Probably when this is all tidied up. I am in the midst of doing a long describe.txt for this, but it isnt needed for testing.

Case, yes how is AaA going? And yes, there is a high movement terrain laid under all of the river tiles. This makes bridges very valuable untill one discovers Combat Engineering which allows them to be rebuilt. Even then, as construction is based on movement values, bridges will take awhile to reconstruct. Traveling down the rivers of course acts as though you are on a road.

Techumseh, but of course.

-FMK.

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                              And yes, there is a high movement terrain laid under all of the river tiles. This makes bridges very valuable untill one discovers Combat Engineering which allows them to be rebuilt. Even then, as construction is based on movement values, bridges will take awhile to reconstruct. Traveling down the rivers of course acts as though you are on a road.
                              Cool. I was considering doing that, but I ran out of terrains. I have set things up so that river crossings are a bit tricky though...

Re AaA: I just finished placing the initial German units in their historical starting positions
                              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                              X