No announcement yet.

2194 Days Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why that might be Anzac. Its just a Realplayer Wav sound. I've posted it again without zipping. Maybe this will solve your problem?
    Attached Files

Comment

Some random ideas about the scenario...

All of the following are things I am using in the scenario, and most were suggested by Captain Nemo himself.

It will be a multiple events and rules file scenario.

The units will progress based on the years, and there will be very little research to build units. Research will focus on improvements and there will be some wonders able to be built.

Railroads will change to suburbs like in Nemo's Red Front.

Aqueduct will become Civilian Population----size will change to 4
      All cities will have it, but military bases such as Henderson AFB will not have it, so there will be no way to make it a large city.

Possible terrain conversions....
      --Hills------->Evergreen Forest
      --Hills------->Minefields
      --Hills------->Defensive Lines (Atlantik Wall)
      --Swamp--->Rice Paddies

The rice paddies will be a way to give the Far East and India enough food to support large populations without having farming.

Plains are going to be used for industry (mining)

GERMAN TANK PROGRESSION
      PzKw III----->PzKw IV----->Panther----->Panther
      PzKw IV----->Tiger--------->Tiger---------->Tiger II

SP ARTILLERY PROGRESSION
      StuG III------>Wespe----->Hummel

US TANK PROGRESSION
      M3----->M4A3----->M4A3----->M4A3
      M4----->M10------->M36------>M26

These are just a few ideas helter skelter...

Pap

Comment

Caspian

I got the file, thanks, it sounds great.

Pap

Comment

Great, I'm glad you like it. I always thought it was better for the atmosphere than some of the digital sounding effects which to my mind never really captured the true...erm..spirit of the stuka. I mean come on, the very sound of these things made grown men soil their pants.

Are you planing to retain the V1 in your remake of 2194? if so here is another one of my creations (ripped from tele hehe). This one is definately too long as it stands, but there is still more room to shave some seconds off here and there. I will do that if anyone is interested? Infact if anyone else is looking for a specific WWII sound effect I'm sure I can make more. Hehe I'm no good at graphics but maybe I can be the sound man

Comment

Oops, forgot the wav here you go
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
              Infact if anyone else is looking for a specific WWII sound effect I'm sure I can make more. Hehe I'm no good at graphics but maybe I can be the sound man
              You got anything for a Flamethrower? I have a firey sound that I mixed in with a few machine guns. Its okay, I am just wondering if you got anything better? I'll attatch that mofo right here.

-FMK.

Comment

Dammit, forgot mine too!

Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, a flame thrower... that's a difficult one. I'll have a browse and see what I can come up with.

Comment

Re: Some random ideas about the scenario...

Originally posted by Pap1723
                    US TANK PROGRESSION
                    M3----->M4A3----->M4A3----->M4A3
                    M4----->M10------->M36------>M26
                    This projection is off, as M-10s and M36s are tank destroyers, open topped TDs, with good guns and little else, they shouldn't lead to the M26 Pershing.

Maybe this would be better?

M3 Lee/Grant--->M4A2--->M4A3--->M476--->M26
                    M-10--->M18(Hellcat)--->Chaffee--->M36

Just an idea.
                    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Wow, that's pretty good, don't know if I can match that one but I'll have a look around and see what I can come up with.

Comment

Chris 62--

Thanks for the info...

But, I think the Sherman needs to stay in the war for the whole time, I'm thinking more like this...

M3----->M4A2----->M4A3----->M4A3
                        M4----->M4A2----->M4A3----->M-26

M-10----->M-18----->Chaffee----->M36

I think that should work out better since the Sherman was prevalent in every theatre of war through '45, but what do you think?

Caspian--

I like the sound for the V1, yes it is going to stay in the game.

If you can shorten it up, that would be great.

Also, if you would like to help with the sounds, that would be great, because I have absolutely no ability with the sound editing.

PAP

Comment

Pap- I guess you mean my graphics from the Graphics Showcase thread? Sure any of my units are free to use. Also, one thing the Chaffee was a light tank not a Tank Destroyer, but it might work if you reverse the M36 and Chaffee's positions? I don't know too much about the M36 except it was an advance on the M10. Would the M18 Hellcat come in here or it doesn't fit into the list?

BTW all the sounds are great, I like the V1, it really captures the feel of it.
                          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
                            I don't know too much about the M36 except it was an advance on the M10.
                            The M36 was a M10 with a 90mm gun. So M10 -> M36 sounds good.

American light tank progression should go:
                            M3 -> M5 Stuart -> M24 Chaffee

BTW, for the Germans, the PZ IV was in service from 1939 to 1945. (though it was steadilly upgraded).
                            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Pap1723
                              M3----->M4A2----->M4A3----->M4A3
                              M4----->M4A2----->M4A3----->M-26

M-10----->M-18----->Chaffee----->M36
                              I would only make a small change, this:

M3-->M4A2-->M4A3/76--->M4E-8 (this was a big mother called the "easy eight" with redisgned suspention, wet ammo storage to limit fires, a 76L gun and better frontal armor.)

For Germany, it would be:

PzkwIII--->PzkwIVF-2--->Pzkw VD (Panther)--->Pzkw VA (Late war Panther with better gun and armor)
                              Pzkw IVF-2--->Pzkw VI Tiger I--->Pzkw VI Tiger II--->Pzkw VI Hunting Tiger (Rare but powerful TD, was planned for mass production, but the war ended, some used at Ramgen against M26 Pershings)
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

German Bomber

Guys, I need your help...

I have 2 slots for German bombers in the early part of the war...

Ju-87 Stuka
                                He-111

I also have a slot for the Ju-88.

I need 2 bombers that I can change the Ju-87 and He-111 into the later parts of the war.

I do not know the names of the German bombers in the later parts of the war that were mass produced, or were prominent.

Any help would be great!

Pap

Comment

Working...
                                X