Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2194 Days Remake

Hello-
    I have been away from Civ for a while, but I am back now. When I took a break I was working on a remake of 2194 Days Of War by Captain Nemo.

The new scenario is going to be on a gigamap, and the Americans and British are combined into one Allied civ.

It will be made for multiplayer, but will also allow a single player as the Allies.

All I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of things that need to be changed to make 2194 Days better.

I am also looking for help from anyone who may want to.

BTW, it is for MGE

Thanks
    Pap

pap1723@hotmail.com
    Yes!
    87.50%
    No, not another WW2 Scenario!
    12.50%
    I don't care.
    0.00%

I think it would be interesting. My suggestion is to use an accurate world map, one in which the Pacific is the correct size. It is too small in many (most?) scenario maps out there, including in 2194 Days, where it's narrower than the Atlantic.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I'm interested in seeing tweaks in the original 2194 where Soviet armour is not indestructible.

Comment

techumseh's comment is the one I think is the most serious problem in that scenario.
        The US west coast isn't that close to Japan.
        Another thing, you shouldn't be able to sail around North America and Asia, it's just unrealistic, only icebreakers ever could, not WWII era ships.

El is right also, Soviet armor is a wee bit to strong in that game.

The air units could use a revamping, never cared for the cartoony ones that are used there.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Also, I find when playing that the Russian air force is actually quite strong... didn't the Luftwaffe destroy them? Even if they had good planes, I think they should be more costly. And infantry should be (it actually is a bit, right?) a bit ruddier but cheaper to give the idea of the number of men the Russian army could field.

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
            Also, I find when playing that the Russian air force is actually quite strong... didn't the Luftwaffe destroy them?
            The Red Air Force was destroyed in 1941-42 but began kicking the stuffing out of the Luftwaffe from 1943 onwards. By Operation Bagreton in 1944 it outnumbered the Luftwaffe by something like 10-1.
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I think Soviet armour is a wee bit too powerful the PZ. III had trouble but could still knock them out, and why dont the British get the Tech of a superbattleship, they created hugh monsterus things by 1944!!
              "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

well, outnumbered, but what about quality of the planes?

*tries to save skin*

Comment

They had excellent aircraft, all advance compared with all German Aircraft, bar the Jet Fighters like the ME 262 etc
                  "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

As Soundwave said, the Soviet planes (especially the Stormuvik [sp?] and later model Yak) out performed the German aircraft. In addition, the Soviets recieved literally thousands of good quality aircraft from te Americans - the A-20 Havoc was a real Soviet favourite, and even the dodgy Aircobra performed well on the Eastern Front.

The Soviets also introduced various technologies such as scatterable air-droped mines.
                    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Just incase u do decide to remake this scenario, here is a Stuka wav that I always put in WWII scenarios. I recorded it from a TV show and edited it slightly using Cool Edit 95. I guess the file is a wee bit large and maybe the sound is a couple of seconds toolong, but I find it really captures the blitzkrieg spirit. What do u reckon? I'm sure I have a V1 doodlebug sound effect somewhere too.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Caspian,

Excelllent Stuka sound! Mind if I use her?

-FMK.

Comment

FMK, it would be honour to have something I worked on in one of your scenarios. Go ahead and use it

Comment

Caspian: the zip seems to be corrupt as I can't open it while it has the right ending (.zip) Does anyone else have this problem?
                            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I am having the same problem trying to get to the file in the .ZIP.

The ANZAC--Can I use all of your WWII units?

I am not sure of the completed unit list, but I am probably going to use some of your units if that is ok?

Pap

Comment

Working...
                              X