Hellas PBEM game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellas PBEM game

For those still interested, I'd still like to do that Hellas game.

So, all interested, please post (once again) your nick-name, e-mail, by the position you want to play, assuming its not taken. Once we got everybody, I must ask Sparta to start.

The Turn Order is as follows:

Sparta
    Athens ----- JMarks - JMShrader@aol.com
    Chalcideans
    Corinthians
    Thebans

Who's still in?
    Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
    http://john.jfreaks.com
    -The Artist Within-

I want Cachlidians
    Email:
    henrik.lohmander@telia.com
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Nothing else left, I'll try the Corinthians if allowed.

Email -> Signature

------------------
      SCDARS
      scenario_feedback@hotmail.com
      Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Sparta- MagyarCrusader
        michael@jeszenka.com

------------------
        "The Rumanians are really the most reliable people in the world when it comes to depending upon their breaking any promises they make." - General Harry Hill Bandholtz, US Army, 22 NOV 1919. General Bandholtz was the one who saved the Crown Jewels from the Rumanians. His statue sits in front of the American Embassy in Budapest.
        Truth

Comment

Sparta ----- MagyarCrusader - michael@jeszenka.com
          Athens ----- JMarks - JMShrader@aol.com
          Chalcideans- Henrik - henrik.lohmander@telia.com
          Corinthians- SCDARS - scenario_feedback@hotmail.com
          Thebans

Guess nobody wants the Thebans. If anyone still wants in I guess they can still join. So, unless I'm missing something (which I probably am), Crusader, will you start as Sparta?
          Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
          -The Artist Within-

Comment

Yes I'll be happy to start but first I have a few questions.

1)Is the difficulty going to be on the standard level, Tyrant?

2)My version of Hellas was downloaded from St Leo's website a while ago, when it first came out I think. Is there a newer version I should download?

3)How do we conduct negotiations? Personally, I don't want the AI to take over my place during somebody's turn and sign an alliance with a civ whose capital I'm about to take.

I will start the game after we figure these things out.

BTW, in addittion to my email, my AIM username is MagyarCrusader in case anybody has that and wants to contanct me.

------------------
            "The Rumanians are really the most reliable people in the world when it comes to depending upon their breaking any promises they make." - General Harry Hill Bandholtz, US Army, 22 NOV 1919. General Bandholtz was the one who saved the Crown Jewels from the Rumanians. His statue sits in front of the American Embassy in Budapest.
            Truth

Comment

I´m not sure,
              If I can play a Bonaparte one I don´t play this one
              I´m already playing two more games and I don´t have enough time
              Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
              Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
              miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Knew I forgot something...

So, unless anyone else has something to add, I'll try to tackel the questions.

1) Yes, we'll use the Tyrant level since it is multiplayer

2) Yes, we all should check that we have the same version. The notes in mine say its the final version (of course that doesn't stop the author from comming back and change it all over again, but I did get it recently)

3)Negotiations, now theres the rub. I'll need some advice and reproach for the advice I'm giving, but we could do it one of two ways. We could say no negotiation with out negotiation (outside of game), or we could set attitudes (unless thats only hotseat) and just hope for the better. The latter would have some historical accuracy to it, since the will of the Tyrant is often suplanted by subordinates or the people. Any ideas that I'm completely missing that'll make us really happy? Otherwise I guess we'll have to live with it.

JMarks

Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                -The Artist Within-

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by JMarks on 05-11-2001 08:06 AMor we could set attitudes (unless thats only hotseat) and just hope for the better.JMarks

It is possible in net games too so this si probably what we will do.

Comment

My view on negotiations is that there should be no in game negotiations unless players make negotiations outside the game via emails or apolyton or whatever. In that case when both players come to some sort of agreement, the first player can set his attitude to the other player to be worshipful and the second player can forge the alliance, or peace. If there is no outside negotiation, then we should make it a house rule to decline to meet with the emissaries of player nations.

I'll do my turn now and pass it on.

------------------
                    Truth

Comment

I agree with the negotiations, no sneaky dealings. If deals (such as tech trade) are made out of game, make the desired techs gifts (should ther AI not want to trade, or trade for the right thing). Both sides must uphold such deals. No greek backstabing!
                      Finished my turn and have sent it the next in line.
                      Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                      -The Artist Within-

Comment

I cannot think of any reason why there shouldn't even pop up any selection screen... Have you checked if there is a modified game.txt?
                        Can they not even bribe units?
                        P.S: I'm looking forward for my first turn, but please zip the savegame before sending...
                        Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Units is ok to bribe, this is really strange.
                          The @SPYOPTIONS dialogue exists in the game.txt too...
                          The notes.txt included doesn't mention anything about this...

Comment

That is wierd, for I was able to bribe cities with my herald. Since I'm not over there I couldn't begin to think of what is wrong.
                            Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                            -The Artist Within-

Comment

I was using version 1.1 (which I had just downloaded from Johns site to make sure I was using the same version as the rest of us) and when I tried whit my old version (1.0) I could bribe cities (and all of the other stuff too)

Therefore i decided to use the old version (if the others can bribe cities why shouldn't I be allowed to?).
                              I have played my turn and sent it along.
                              [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited May 13, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X