Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zhanguo released - it's time to be an emperor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey Prom!

why there isn´t a readme??
    I know nothing about the time period and I would like to know what was going on
    also, there aren´t any hints or strategy sugestions for historical accuracy

quote:

I have one pretty minor gripe, and that's that the units aren't sufficiently diverse - I open my city screen and whoa! there's about 20 different units, but they aren't so different - I think. This comes with the caveat that I've only played about 10 hours so far and there may be more to it than I've discovered.

I agree that there are lots of units that aren´t different

the graphics are awesome!!
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

To Shaka

Sorry, I'll fix that "chronology.txt" lapsus ASAP.
      I'm making a list of what i forgot to insert into scen files. Anyway, i put on this thread a link to an homepage dedicated to Qin dinasty. check it out, it's great!!!

to Shadowstrike

I agree with you... so much history hints untapped... Not to mention that I haven't seen a fantasy scenario based on Chinese legends... why fantasy creators prefears vampires instead of wu spirits?
      ( am I right, Wangshinbo ?)

"Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

I wish there were more scenarios about China, considering how few of them there are....

Umm Mao, Coug is back.... and you've got competition in the sig department...
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Mao: My fiancee wants me to work hard, get a first, get an internship, pay her more attention...no time for Dotw these days

Prometeus: Now, Chinese ghosts - there's something I can help with. Actually, so can my fiancee Most of Chinese mythology is either bloodsucking/lifesucking ghosts (they usually take it through seducing their victims - more fun than vampires I'd have thought), or ancient mythology - sort of like the greek myths. Then, theres the buddhist/daoist canon of monsters and gods, so dragons, Kirin/Qilin, etc. who are good, and heavenly generals or officials, who may be good or bad. For anyone who can get a copy, read the classic 'Journey to the West' (Hsi Yu Qi/Xi You Ji), where the heroes face just about every kind of monster in Chinese Mythology at the time. Chinese TV did a pretty good version recently.

For those who can read Chinese, there are now about twenty or so really good RPG's in Chinese which cover oriental legends, and I guess the Japanese who've been on the computer scene longer have also got a lot along those lines.
          To meet friends who have come from far away, is that not a pleasure?

Comment

Errata: Navbat~1.wav should be navbttle.wav
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Zhanguo is officially the February 2001 Best of the Net scenario at The North Star.
              http://www.angelfire.com/games/griev/civ/index.html
              Please Visit:
              http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

My Chinese is unfortunately limited to:

wo shir Xelan ren, bu shir Zungguo ren. wo yao kaoya.

but my parents seem to speak Mandarin quite well, at least so they say.

I just downloaded it and will play it now. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Kull, problem fixed right now.

Polaris... thanks!

Allard, have fun!!! Oh, a hint for you... remember, if you want to be the winner, no mercy for anyone!!!

"Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                  "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Allard

-Wo yao Kaoya -

You'd like a roast duck?

To meet friends who have come from far away, is that not a pleasure?

Comment

* bump *

Weellll... if there are no more feedbacks for a week or so from now, I'll suppose that everything is gone good for all of you... that means final release for Zhanguo ( and a little update available from separate link... )!!!! Any other has some feedbacks? Tips? Suggestions?
                      [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited February 23, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                      X