Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zhanguo released - it's time to be an emperor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zhangou? Zhong gua?
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Zhanguo, Moa... ahem Mao.

Pinyin translitteration for the two ideograms depicting "war" and "state" -> "Warring states".

Last news... Sound3 is ready, and I'm playtesting it right now. Pedia is going to be added ( I managed somehow to modify it ). I deicided to not update with further graphics... "il troppo stroppia" .
      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Hey Mao. Let's spam this place together!

Comment

Don't worry, Prom. I'm not going to spam this. My name is not Builder!

Comment

Hy my brave playtesters... how's playtesting going?

To And... ahem Chaos Warrior ( "il guerriero casinaro"... LOL )

You spammer...

To BeBro

Can you please send me FW converted scen? Thanks.
              PS I added your backgrounds to definitive version. Grazie mille!!!
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

On the way!
                Blah

Comment

I havn't had the time to get deep into yet(and I'm going to make the time!), so I'll limit my remarks to first impressions. Pro, this might be the most visualy stuning scenario I've ever seen! The mountain gifs are spectacular. Mating age of empires and civilization together has produced a lovely atmosphere to this era. Many different and interesting units. I have one suggestion to make: Change the color of either Chin or Ch'u, as they are hard to tell apart(My bad eyes again!). A couple of shades deeper grey might be in order. Beautiful borders(And I can read them now!), just a first class job. I'll get the feedback info you want soon, and post it here or at the civfanatics.

------------------
                  All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
                  I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                  i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

To BeBro

Thanks! I received it a few minutes ago.

To Alc... ahem cpoulos

Colour hints for Ch'u? what about pink? or pale yellow?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Prometeus on 02-13-2001 04:20 AM
                      To Alc... ahem cpoulos
                      Colour hints for Ch'u? what about pink? or pale yellow?

HEY! Pink or pale yellow would be fine!

------------------
                      All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

It's wonderful isn't it. I've never seen another Civ2 scenario that really captured the spirit of the warring states.

I have one pretty minor gripe, and that's that the units aren't sufficiently diverse - I open my city screen and whoa! there's about 20 different units, but they aren't so different - I think. This comes with the caveat that I've only played about 10 hours so far and there may be more to it than I've discovered.

Otherwise - Zhen Hao! Zhe shi Tianxia di yi ge ! ! !
                        Gongxi, gongxi ni.
                        To meet friends who have come from far away, is that not a pleasure?

Comment

Wangshinbo... surprise!!! .

But i need to work a little on it...

Comment

Wow!!!! E' proprio il caso di dirlo in italiano, ma chi cerca trova...

The Qin dinasty history page .

too bad there are only Ch'in/Qin units...

Comment

Third update: all of the revised Zhanguo files are now available on my website, included Sound3.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Wangshibo on 02-13-2001 09:49 AM
                                It's wonderful isn't it. I've never seen another Civ2 scenario that really captured the spirit of the warring states.

I have one pretty minor gripe, and that's that the units aren't sufficiently diverse - I open my city screen and whoa! there's about 20 different units, but they aren't so different - I think. This comes with the caveat that I've only played about 10 hours so far and there may be more to it than I've discovered.

Otherwise - Zhen Hao! Zhe shi Tianxia di yi ge ! ! !
                                Gongxi, gongxi ni.

quote:

Originally posted by Mao on 02-06-2001 12:51 PM
                                Wang! Where have you been? Left DotW? There's been a restart anyway so I no longer control China. But I believe that all of China is open so if you wanna take it...

!!!
                                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Working...
                                X