Bribing units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bribing units

I was playtesting a scenario when suddenly the AI bribed a unit of mine. It so happened that that unit was a hero not meant to be bribed.

Weird thing is that i have playtested this scenario more than 20 times and this is the first time this happens. The AI can't build any diplos but its on deity so it doesn't matter, and it has never attempted to bribe any other units. I suppose it found the hero too hard to knock out so it decided to alter its strategies. Is there something that can be done about this-other than a democratic gov that is?
    Perhaps changing the unit role will detter the AI from attempting bribery?Suggestions?

And i would appreciate it if no immature ToT fan pops up brandishing the "*sissy voice*in ToT you can have the unbribable flag blah, blah," slogan.
    Last edited by Palaiologos; March 18, 2004, 04:44.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Actually I think the ebst sullotion is the democracy government. The AI tend to bribe you on Deity level with all it's units.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Re: Bribing units

Originally posted by Palaiologos
      And i would appreciate it if no immature ToT fan pops up brandishing the "*sissy voice*in ToT you can have the unbribable flag blah, blah," slogan.
      Damnit!

But seriously, can't you make the unit (much) more expensive? Or is the hero actually buildable, or is that otherwise undesirable?
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Re: Re: Bribing units

Originally posted by Mercatore Uno
        But seriously, can't you make the unit (much) more expensive? Or is the hero actually buildable, or is that otherwise undesirable?

Its already uber-expensive but i will try to maximize its cost. Its not buildable as per sense but he is made available through an unacquirable technology just so he appears in the civilopaedia.

If the unit has a no as prerequisite tech does that detter the AI?
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Can you afford to make the bribing civ poorer?

Signed with a ToT smirk
          El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

How about multiple palaces? I heard that raises the price a lot too, and the corruption-lowering effect isn't as dramatic as a democracy negating it entirely, and making it IMPOSSIBLE to bribe units of any kind...

I'm a lousy player so I've never been to deity level. Does making a unit obsolete for the enemy discourage it from bribing?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Excellent idea Elok!certainly worths a shot.

So far i changed the unit cost to 127(or was it 128?).That makes it allmost impossible to bribe, skyrocketing its bribe cost to 15.000 gold.

I think that coupled with making the hero obsolete to the mind of the AI we will be fine.

Take that ToT

Comment

Working...
              X