No announcement yet.

New version of RiverWar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palaiologos: because the MGE events file supports more KB than the FW events file, I was able to make the MGE events longer. If you load these into FW, it will crash. That's why I included a events2fw and an events2mge. Running the MGEtoFW.bat program should fix it automatically, and rename the events2fw to events2. Then, when loading part II, it will take the FW.
    This is probably the reason of your crash, as it worked fine with me.
    All this is in the guide by the way, so you can also read it there.

Fairline: No, the Highlanders and Regulars should be the same. I was stupid.. I copied its stats from the wrong unit. Something for a next version..

Comment

Good work, Allard
      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I couldn't get the 2nd events file to work in MGE (Civ2 crashed when I tried to reload the scenario). I then tried the scenario in FW and both sets of events worked well.
        STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Me too, second events makes MGE crash.

Comment

[threadjack]
            Allard, do you still have any intention of continuing work on your hex editing doc, or do you still have "unreleased" things? I've been adding things for a while now, and me and yaroslav will be releasing a new version soonish.

I hope you don't mind.
            [/threadjack]

I haven't played River War yet. The website and units look great though.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I've the same problem: the second file of events for MGE crash (too much kb on events)

Comment

BTW, every time I've tried to download the guide I've failed Am I the only one?

Comment

I tried using the events2f.txt and it works just fine on MGE.

Comment

AND why RIWERWAR 2.0 ?!

Comment

Great work, Allard!

Comment

Originally posted by Allard HS
                        Palaiologos: because the MGE events file supports more KB than the FW events file, I was able to make the MGE events longer. If you load these into FW, it will crash. That's why I included a events2fw and an events2mge. Running the MGEtoFW.bat program should fix it automatically, and rename the events2fw to events2. Then, when loading part II, it will take the FW.
                        This is probably the reason of your crash, as it worked fine with me.
                        All this is in the guide by the way, so you can also read it there.

Point is that i had already done these before posting.

To tell you the truth i had manually renamed the events2mge.txt to events.txt instead of using the bat program.

But that shouldn't be a difference, should it?
                        Anyway i used the .bat programme now and the problem remains.
                        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

An old masterwork returns!!!

Superb!
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just checked out the zip, amazing work by all! Great work by fairline and Allard!!!
                            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Allard, can I upload this version to the spanish site?

Please?
                              "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                              "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                              The Spanish Civilization Site
                              "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Downloading, but I'd rather see a new scenario.
                                Or a mail...
                                By the way, nice is that city of yours
                                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X