New version of RiverWar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version of RiverWar

Thanks mostly to the beautiful new unit graphics made by Fairline in the Industrial Showcase thread, I have been able to finish a version of River War.

This version, 2.0, has all-new art, some gameplay innovations, and 2 new civilizations to encounter in the darkest Africa. There are lots of other small things, but I'll let you find that out.

Part I - the scenario
    Part II - the Guide

Splendid!
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Sorry, minor mistake with first upload. It should be ok now...

Comment

Oh...

That's why it stopped downloading about halfway through...
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Downloading as we speak. I really enjoyed the first version, so I'm looking forward to this.

BTW Allard are you still working on that Greece/Turkey war over Cyprus scenario?
          STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

i cannot unzipped the file, it says there is an error,
            did that happen to anybodyelse?
            Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Christmas in August Nice one, Allard

DL/zip was OK for me. BTW if you use FW check the installation guide: it will tell you to either run MGEtoFW.bat or manually rename the FW versions of the labels, game and events2 files. Alternatively glare at your monitor cursing for 5 minutes when the scenario fails to load
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Don't glare at the monitor, glare at your internet connection. The monitor is innocent!

Try DLing a second time, and don't be opening too many new windows or DLing other stuff.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I don't know why your download doesn't work, but i just put up the guide on geocities for online viewing. There you can download the scenario too, with perhaps better results.

Have a look here:
                  http://www.geocities.com/ahofelt/

As for my Greek-Turkish War, it's going well, most apart from the events is ready, but I can't find time to haste it. It will come.. some day.

Comment

Thanks Allard! The first was a true gem that hooked me on designing scenario. I'm really looking forward to playing this one!
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

It looks splendid! Welcome back, BTW.
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

So cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                          Don't glare at the monitor, glare at your internet connection. The monitor is innocent!

Try DLing a second time, and don't be opening too many new windows or DLing other stuff.

I'm not sure you understood there, Smiley old boy. The DL and zip were fine. I was referring to trying to start up the scenario in FW without reading the excellent installation guide (as I stupidly did); the labels, events2 and game.txt files are all MGE versions which cause the game to crash in FW and can be replaced either with the batch file Allard included or manually.

@Allard: excellent update Just one thing - should the Highlanders have worse stats than the regulars?
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

After i load the the part 2 events and reload the Riverwar.sav, the game crashes.

Comment

Working...
                            X