Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henrik
    Glad you like it
    The whole thing kind of rests on the foundation of lots of people helping out though I and FiGu can't do it all on our own (hence the notion about a sleague project above).

So is anyone willing to?
    I was asked by FiGu via ICQ earlier this day. I would gladly help. If you need gfx, please feel free to tell me.

Comment

Ok, here's the new one
      Attached Files
      "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
      Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

In the sticky WWII units thread above, you should be able to find all the graphics you will need for this scenario.

Also, have a look at the Market Garden scenario - there are lots of British units in that one.

Comment

You might be able to use the first 5 units that I have slightly modified from the originals:

Comment

Yes Ill help. You know me Henrik I can do mindless stuff on the map, write the players notes or edit them, and of course playtest.

Let me know.

Is this Europe and North Africa Only? Or are you going to try the Pacific as well?

IMHO I think the Europe only is the way to go.

After the early war except maybe for Indochina the Britys didn't do much in the Pacific.

And if you went with the whole world I dont think you would get the scale you have with RF. It might be too big.

We should think about stackable hexes or not.

Might have to talk to John about that, he had a hard time getting the Independants to move and attack with stackable hexes in Colonies IV. So that might not work.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Henrik and I and conmcb25 have thinked about if we should use europe and north africa instead of the whole world.

the advantage for europe and north africa would be more units slots free for the brits and germans.

And with the world would be more fronts.
              so that we would have more front commander etc.

What do you think people? europe and north africa or the whole world?
              "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
              Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

The other advantage would be if Europe/ N. Africa only you could essentially do a "mirror" of Red Front.

Once that was working well and the bugs worked out we could try the whole world then.
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Will you make an Italian civ in North Africa?

Comment

It was hard enough in Red Front making one Civ do what it's supposed to...how will you make six?
                    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                    -OOTS

Comment

Good idea to limit it to Europe and North Africa.

This way you can gear everything to giving the Commonwealth a good thrashing

Comment

Yeah, but I think there's way too many WW2 scenarios in just Europe and North Afrika. I think it'd be more entertaining to have an entire world scenario. Besides, it is the World War. Heh. But if you do use a world map, use a big one (I.E. gigaworld map or something similar) The only complaint with total world games is that the worlds are too small and it's annoying. There are so many major towns that can't be placed.
                        Last edited by Helmut von; May 12, 2003, 15:46.
                        Regards,
                        Helmut von Skibjack

Comment

Don't forget to have Canadian infantry units. The Canadians were very important in D-Day, the Invasion of Italy, the defence of Hong Kong and at the assault on Dieppe.

Comment

Originally posted by EmuGod
                            Don't forget to have Canadian infantry units. The Canadians were very important in D-Day, the Invasion of Italy, the defence of Hong Kong and at the assault on Dieppe.
                            Actually EMUGOD we were thinking about only having EFFECTIVE units so Im not sure we can do this.....

No seriously when we talked on sunday that came up as well as the Aussies, Indians, Kiwi's etc.

They might even have to come in from a UK Base like in RF!

Comment

The RCN and RCAF contributed a lot to thwarting Operation Sea Lion. I believe I read that the RCAF lost 16 out of 25 of its first aircraft fighters in its first dogfight with the Luftwaffe. I saw a movie about a place in Ontario where the British planes were mass produced, later on followed by American aircraft. Maybe you could include the Jewish Brigade from Mandate Palestine. My grandfather served in it.

Comment

Well the "rats of Tobruk" were aussies who held Tobruk against all odds for months, only a few hundred of them versus Rommel's Afrika Corps...and the aussies held out right up until they were relieved by British reinforcements

Comment

Working...
                                X