"Blood, Sweat and Tears" 1940-1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Blood, Sweat and Tears" 1940-1945

FiGu and I was talking over ICQ about the possible creation of a global WW2 scenario from the Brittish point of view.
    The idea is that the scenario would play rather similar to Red Front, begining on the turn when France falls. The only playable civ would be Brittain, all other civs would be AI/events driven.
    The map would be a gigamap covering almost all of the world. That is we where discussing cutting off the part where America is and making the map a flat one. Possibly some american and canadian cities could exist on a small strip of land in the west a la the UK in RF (the Uboat war would be given to the Brittish to handle).
    Pearl Harbour would be outside the area covered by the Map and when the city is bombed America joins the war american units will be given to the Brittish to control from time to time, etc.

A bat file would be used for different periods of the war just like in Red Front and so on.

Suggested civs so far are as follows:
    Great Brittain
    France
    Russia
    Germany
    Italy
    Japan
    Neutrals
    (China will be barbarian)

The scenario will begin with the Brittish player trying to save his troops at Dunqirk and follow up with the battle of brittain, etc, etc.

Does this sound like a good idea?
    The scenario would be a huge undertaking, and thus we are apart from checking on interest asking if people wants to join in on the creation and do this as a joint "sleague" project
    Last edited by Henrik; May 10, 2003, 15:04.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Oh and I forgot to mention that this scenario would be very suitable for Demo Games a la the one we're currently doing for Red Front. With loads of different fronts available, etc...

Comment

Ok, firstly we have to plan a list of what units the british army is going to use.

Do you have any suggestion what the british army used during 1940 Summer like tanks/airplanes.
      "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
      Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

You seem to have forgotten the United States...

Comment

Nope, but the scenarios main aim will be the brittish theatres. Joint operations will have American units under brittish controll simply becouse having them as separate civs would make it a lot harder (and not fit the RF template).

If you like, consider the Brittish civ an allied one (it might even be named that it's up to whoever wants to join the project ).

By no means did we mean to ignore or belittle the american war effort, it was definatly crucial, without it neither D day or the Pacific would've ended the way it did.
          However the scenario will be played mainly as Brittish as we thought it'd be the most fun (and allow for more action early on).
          Also Brittain is more suitable for an RF demo game kind of scenario, as she has more fronts than america allready from the start (and starts out being overrun by the Germans and the Japanese).
          Last edited by Henrik; May 10, 2003, 15:36.

Comment

Great idea for a scenario. A worthwhile slant on WW2.

Comment

yeah, I'd definitely like to see this one
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Good idea, IMHO.

Comment

sounds great!
                  Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

When do we start the Demo game?

I want to be Churchill, I love smoking cigars.!
                    Good idea guys and good luck!
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Glad you like it
                      The whole thing kind of rests on the foundation of lots of people helping out though I and FiGu can't do it all on our own (hence the notion about a sleague project above).

So is anyone willing to?

Comment

Ok, the first units are done!

Some Colonial troops!

EDIT: canadian shield updated.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by FiGu; May 11, 2003, 04:53.
                        "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
                        Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

Umm... two things:
                          First, it's British
                          Then, the Canadian flag looked different back then. The current flag was introduced in 1962 IIRC. Back then it was red with a Union Jack in the corner and the coat of arms in the right field (just like the cross of the south with the Australian or NZ flags).

I wish you best of luck with this project!
                          Follow the masses!
                          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                            Umm... two things:
                            First, it's British
                            Then, the Canadian flag looked different back then. The current flag was introduced in 1962 IIRC. Back then it was red with a Union Jack in the corner and the coat of arms in the right field (just like the cross of the south with the Australian or NZ flags).
                            Do you mean like this?
                            Attached Files
                            Regards,
                            Helmut von Skibjack

Comment

the shield looks good

Let me direct you to Australian units made by Gukguk that I have on my HDD. IMO they are pretty good and can give you a good base for your multi-units
                              Attached Files
                              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                              X