X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott F
    I'll play.

*calls Germany*

And is it really, really too much to ask for you people to give credit to the people you copied units, icons, flags, and such from?

Hmmmm... flags?? I do those.. except Germany... Sorry... see how they are all the same shape..
    "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Let's see...

Where to begin...

In cities.bmp, I drew the Russian flag, the Austrian flag, the German flag, and the two airport icons. I know that the three flags are mine because they are the same as the ones in El Awrence's European Crisis scenario, and I drew those for him. The airport icons are the same as those in my Turtledove's Great War scenario.

In the icons.bmp file, I drew the French flag icon, the Eiffel Tower with French flag background icon, the propaganda (WAR!!) icon, the icon with the Austrian and German flags, and the chemistry icon with the German war ensign in the background.

In the units.bmp file, I drew the German war ensign shield, the Austro-Hungarian shield, the ocean liner, the cruiser, the battleship, the heavy artillery, the American infantry unit, the Stormtrooper unit, and the airship unit (which is actually the only one properly credited). Also, I think that the WW1 French infantry is one that I modified from Alex and the WW1 Italian infantry was one that you gave a new hat.

I hate to make this sound anal, but I've only made one (well, two) scenarios, but have made a lot of units, particularly from this period. And you didn't credit me, Nemo, Alex, DarthVeda, or practically anyone else whose units you used.

Comment

Soundwave, take a look at the readme for the scenario which you ripped most of the stuff in this from , that's what you need to have in yours.

(actually I am really wondering wether this can be considered as an individual scenario or an AoW "update" or "mod", in fact one would think that you'd get the original authors permission before doing this...)
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

WHHooaa Nelly!

The Flags are mine i did them? You even check, they aren't the same of yours.... What would you like to do ban me from this as well? Sorry, i thought if you post units, people can use them, units i post, i dont care what people do with them, i did it to be used... airport in the icons, i modified i dont know who did it... Sorry about my typing its a bit sloppy as some of my keys stick, or dont type.

If you like, i can update the whole scenario or start all over?

Well i better make sure all other scenario's dont even look like anyothers, which by the way is very hard.

But oh well, what do you prefer

*waits for Case to say something?*

BTW yes cyrion i agree i playtested it and the infantry and conscripts are to strong... (infantry i was gonna call division but that would be silly SRiech, and infantry sounded alright, other the adv. infantry) i think infantry with ingore city walls would be good.

All aircraft and tanks, work well... i think ship power will be brought down... and stromtroopers, mountain troops, and the italian struv v/1 rules, although not cheap and the KV-1 its well, the 'german destroyer'

Neways... keep putting in your comments, just a thought i wonder if people get scared away because they have to make good scenarios, i thought it would be brillant after i played roman empire 1,2,3 in civfantics.

Other than that, SORRY scott i didn't know, i got the units off either the civfantics, or apolyton graphics showcases.... But i will put a BIG Thank you for you things... sorry for not asking permission, i did not know... sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave
            *waits for Case to say something?*
            ..Since you invited me

Soundwave, are you refering to the unit shields in units.bmp or the flags in cities.bmp? Either way, you seem to be claiming Scott's work as your own.

Originally posted by Soundwave Hmmmm... flags?? I do those.. except Germany... Sorry... see how they are all the same shape..
            On the attached image the top row of flags is from Soundwave's scenario, and the bottom row is from 'Blood and Iron'

On close inspection, Soundwave's Austrian flag is a slightly different shape to Scotts.
            However, this is simply because an extra column of pixels has been added to the right side of the flag. When you remove this column the flag is exactly the same as Scott's.

In addition, the German and Russian flags used by Soundwave are exactly the same as Scott's, right down to the last pixel.

If Soundwave was refering to the unit shields, then he's also exaggerating as at least some of the shields (including the Austrian, German and Russians ones) have previously appeared in 'European Crisis' and/or Scott's 'Great War' scenario

Soundwave, people generally don't mind their work being used in other people's scenarios (personally I find it to be rather good for my ego ), but it's a bit much to start claiming other peoples work as your own.
            Attached Files
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I don't mind having units used, it's just considered "un-kosher" to erase the ID tags from the unit's transparency backgrounds. I've noticed that you've removed marks from my Akagi carrier and My/Nemo's Me-109. Next time you edit unit graphics, just consider that the authors put the tags there for a reason...

I mean even on my heavily (to the point of not even looking the same) modified Alex Mor units I put his trademark since they are based, at least in part, on body parts or silloeuttes of his units.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthVeda
                I don't mind having units used, it's just considered "un-kosher" to erase the ID tags from the unit's transparency backgrounds. I've noticed that you've removed marks from my Akagi carrier and My/Nemo's Me-109. Next time you edit unit graphics, just consider that the authors put the tags there for a reason...
                Problem with that though is that the FW editor, which I often use for building graphics files (and only graphics files ) doesn't import tags stamped in the background.
                Found that out when I tried to bulk import a lot of Alex's units - couldn't open them otherwise - his tags were completely removed ... (Sorry Alex).

Comment

Sorry, but with my editor, it doesn't take the names with it, when i was playing the game and then cam e back to the units its was like 3/4 pink and the 1/4 purple, i didn't mean to do it on purpose... with the flags, sorry even if they are the same.

Sorry, but Scott, i'll put yours and my name down... AND thank you very much for the help.. i will credit you alot!!! (free publicy)

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave
                    with the flags, sorry i didn't copy them (except austria, i must have but i dont know where from?), i did the others myself.. sorry even if they are the same.
                    Soundwave, please stop insulting our intelligence. The Russian and German flags I posted are the same right down to the last pixel.
                    If you zoom in you'll notice that even the shading in the middle of the flags is identical.

DV: As Ravagon and Soundwave said, the Civ units editor strips name tags off. To make up for this I generally add a typed note on the units.bmp file directing people to the full list of credits in the readme.
                    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Just like the old days!
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Nice edit Soundwave

I guess that means that you've dropped your claim on the flags in question?

Comment

Cyrion, Shaka Naldur, techumseh would you like to join in on a Pbem of this? Mostly everything is on equal terms and the best thing is is a fast moving game... techs dont take that long!

Comment

Thanks anyway.
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Soundwave: if you see this PBEM as being at the same time a game AND a way to kind of "debug" the rules, balance units, etc, you can count me in!!

And I wouldn't mind taking the italian Empire...
                              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Working...
                              X