New Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloads

Guys, for some reason, whenever I try and download a file of these forums, it never works. I have Winzip, but the attachments never turn into a Zip file. So, although there are very good scenarios on this site, I cannot download them. (I use Real Download)

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

sometimes the forum amkes everything "untitled" so when you download, make sure you put ".zip" at the end.
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Well Cyrion about the ingore city walls for intantry i cant do that, because the 'city walls' are called trench system... infantry cannot avoid that.. i'll fix it!
        "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Re: Downloads

Originally posted by Questerr
          Guys, for some reason, whenever I try and download a file of these forums, it never works. I have Winzip, but the attachments never turn into a Zip file. So, although there are very good scenarios on this site, I cannot download them. (I use Real Download)

Any help would be appreciated.

You are talking about files which show up as attachments with a .zip extension I take it...
          I use Go!zilla most of the time but when downloading files from this site it generally doesn't trigger automatically (something in the VBB script?) so I end up with the "save to desktop" prompt. That has occasionally resulted in a corrupt download but in most cases files added as an attachment can be "leeched" as a last resort.

Comment

A few more thoughts

Here's some more sugestions:

1. You really need to get rid of the border posts on the German/Austrian frontier. They prevent any possible hostilities developing between Germany and Austria and thereby rule out a potentially interesting area of the game. As none of the other nations is completly blocked off by border posts this is particularly wierd.

I recomend that you replace the border post's around the playable nations (Germany, Austria and Italy) with fortified units belonging to this nation
            Also, what's the point of making Spain impossible to invade? All the other 'neutral' nations are relativly open to conquest.

2. I sugest that you increase the size of Russian cities, and especially Kiev and Nizhny Novogrod.

3. The coastal battery unit seems to serve no real purpose. As they can't move they're no threat to passing shiping, and players have no reason to ever attack them.

4. Constantinople is on the wrong side of the Bosporus

5. The French Atlantic fleet should be bigger

6. Britain and France need heaps more mines. As things currently stand, they're basically agricultural nations, especially in contrast with Germany (which is, if anything, overdeveloped)

7. Tubruk is missplaced - it should be much further to the east

8. Your choice of British cities is somewhat eccentric. For example, why did you choose the town of Hastings over the vastly more important city of Dover?
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

A few remarks...

Sounwave, I've been playing a few turns (as Italy) yesterday evening (at the recommended difficulty level) and looking a bit further at the rules.

I was playing with the first set of rules, so a few things might have change in the newest ones, but here you'll get my feedback anyway...

1. At the first turn, 2-3 italian cities were in disorder, which is something I don't really like! I think there was even a conscript a city was unable to support (not sure, though...)

2. As I told you, I would prefer that the submarine weren't ready at the start of the scenario and that for 2 reasons: first I'm not sure there were really extensively used at the turn of the century, and second because it would be nicer (IMHO) to get them via tech research (I think there are sub techs to be researched, "Sub torpedo" or something...).

3. The Ocean Liner has the "can see submarines" flag: not really realistic...

4. The Coastal Artillery, with it's defense of 10, is GREAT (and needed!) against naval attacks! BUT the problem is it's just as great against ANY attack!! But I can't find a solution to this problem... Ideas, anybody ???

5. About the marines: the graphic is REALLY nice!!! The only problem is, there is no way to see whom they belong to, except clicking on it!! (Am I wrong on that??). And we have the same problem with Shock Troops (And Americans, if different countries can build them!)!!

6. Marines again: I regret that we have the ability to build them from the start; I would prefer the nations to have a few at their disposal from the start, but then to get some techs to be allowed to build any more!! But hey, that's just my opinion!!!

7. The units move REALLY fast (I recognize Sounwave hand there: he does like the game to go fast ); the Mountain Troops disturb me (and not because they look so "Hungarian"... ) : move 3 (4 in the original rules, which was really BAD!!) and "all as road": they are nearly unstoppable!!! I would prefer move 2, that would be really enough!!!

8. Shock Troops and Mountain Troops seem a bit "redundant" from their respective ability: I would recommend to keep only one of them (and so free a slot!) OR to let each country build only 1 of the 2 !!

9. And last: there are a bit too many units at the players dispositon at the first turn for my taste, but that's even more a personal opinion than all the other remarks: I prefer a quiet first turn, just to assess the situation. But I know that a lot of you wouldn't agree with that!!!

So, that's pretty much all for now (should be enough for one post...), do what you want with my remarks!!

BTW: if I took the time to "criticize" so in depth, it's because I like your scen !!!
              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Something I forgot: I think the # of turns to mine hills is 1!!! A bit short, no???
                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

4. The Coastal Artillery, with it's defense of 10, is GREAT (and needed!) against naval attacks! BUT the problem is it's just as great against ANY attack!! But I can't find a solution to this problem... Ideas, anybody ???
                  should naval attacks be allowed or not.
                  If not some solutions:
                  Sub flag: prevents ships from attacking cities
                  Tot impassable terrain: all landterrain get the impassable Flag, in this way any ship cannot attack units on landsquares if the override impassable Terrain flag is not set
                  all ships get weaker attack/def stats. To prevent them from becoming easy targets for air units Aegis flag should set.

Or use shells (marines)

Comment

I am listening, i'm just taking everything in... there will most proably be a verision 2... the thing with Germany and Austria will not change... but everything i'm considering... e.g taking away the coastal art and just give them artillarys or something in the darnelles...

to be continued

(btw i'm playtesting too hehe, Austria/Italy/and Germany so far.. its fun)

Comment

All the new files like a verision 2 is in History (pre-ww1 europe) PBEM thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                        What changes have you made? Did you get rid of the border posts on the Austrian border? (which IMO will make Austria near unplayable in a PBEM [they'll be invunerable to attack, yet unable to send expiditionary forces out])

No the Austrian Border between Germany and Austria will stay, but Austria can get attacked two ways from Germany, the ones on the carpathain mountians have been removed, as well as spain can be invaded, e.g. secret: take over madrid and barcelona and cadiz and the 'spanish' border posts go away.

Each civ has a special unit e.g Stromtrooper is only German, Anzac's is only British (ironic Anzac?)

No Coastal Unit and No Stuka, there is a bomber, so thats enough.

Infantry and Conscript rules have been updated, same with the rules.

Britian and France have been industrialized... Italy and all nations, except the Ottoman Empire experience disorder, the units at the start have not been changed.

Comment

Sound File 1 (update)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sound File 2 (update)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Sound File 3 (update)
                              Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to add the new rules and mpevents, sorry guys, i feel really bad....

Here they are:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X