New scenario Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scenario Project

While I'm working on my scenario on German-East Africa, which will be a strategical/tactical guerilla campaign, I'm also going to pick up work on something else. I've got a number of interesting ideas, but I've no idea which one would be the most interesting, and the most rewarding for both the players and myself. My attempts to discover the preferred scenario type (i.e. empire-building, war, etc.) by checking the statistics on my site led to much confusion (BTW, a visitor number of 1341 in an era where Civ2 is supposed to be dead is quite interesting...). So, I'm gonna ask openly and right here which of these projects (if any) appears to be the most interesting... If any more detailed descriptions of my ideas are required, I'd be happy to post it.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

I'm too stupid...

I forgot to activate the poll option, so I'm gonna do it 'manually' here...

1. Rise of Carthage: An empire building game based in the western Mediterranean, about the rise of Carthage. (ca. 900-264 BC)
    2. Age of Cimon: An empire building/conquest game about the expansion of Athens in the eastern mediterranean at the cost of the Persians and Spartans. (478-431 BC)
    3. Hawaii:A naval-based scenario about empire building in Hawaii (some new topic, I think), and the interference of the Europeans/Americans in the 18th century. Alternately something about the Polynesian cultures in the South Sea and the interference of the Europeans.
    4. Iran-Iraq War: A tactical war scenario about the war between Iran and Iraq between 1980-88.
    5. Something about Rome , perhaps Rome in Gaul and Germania, or the civil war between 193 and 197 AD, or the rise of the Goths
    6. Any other ideas?
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

the rise of carthage is a good idea

what do you mean when you say tactical war??

a total war without empire-building at all?
      Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
      Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
      miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

I'll go with 4.

A Cathage scenario would be cool though
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I am putting my vote in for number 4 as well. I have long wanted to do an Iran-Iraq war scenario, but alass I do not have the disipline to finish it if I start it.
          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

I kind of like the sound of number 3 although I'm not quite sure how you'd scale it. ie: You have an absolutely huge ratio of water to land.
            Unless it was set just around the Hawaiian (Sandwich) islands perhaps?

Comment

Well Stefan, if you DO end up doing an Iran-Iraq scenario, feel free to drop your local Arab an e-mail with any questions. You know how much I love the subject criteria.

Personally, i'd like to see some more scenarios based in Central Asia or Siberia. Maybe a really nice version of my Khanates scenario where you can take up one of the crumbling Khanate empires after the death of Kublai Khan in 1294 lasting until Ivan IV's conquest of Sibir (considered by some Mongolian historians as the last Khanate) in 1584. Someone like you could take that idea and do something I can't - add in the extensive artistic talent and design.

As you can tell, I love Mongol history as well.

Comment

go with the iran iraq war. would you make this MGE or ToT?

Comment

Yeah, go for the Iran-Iraq war Stefan!
                  STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

I´d like to see the scn about Carthage
                    Blah

Comment

Hawaii sounds soooo nice

And it could make for a really different game
                      Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                      Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                      POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                      LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

There are too few pre-WW2 scenarios about Pacific and South-East Asia. So I vote for the Hawaii.

Comment

Don't You dare to make a scn about Carthage! It's reserved for ME!
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

KA... ME... HA... ME... HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

But also Goths are a great theme... never heard about a Gothic War scenario.
                            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

A scen about the Goths would be tough to do tho, IMO. Considering their history and dispersion across nearly ALL of Europe.

You have to consider that they started out in Gotland (Sweden), settled Poland, were pushed into the Danube, Italy and Spain by the Huns, and broke up into the Visigoths (Good Goths) and Ostrogoths (Eastern Goths).

It'd be hard (but quite fun) to simulate that in a scenario.

Comment

Working...
                              X