No announcement yet.

New scenario Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warvoid: I thought Visigoth meant "Western Goth" as opposed to "Eastern Goth"? Also, it would be cool, but probably nearly impossible. Because the player would have no control over where to go and if there were random factors, it would be hard to design.
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

ANZAC, there's a bit of a historians dispute over whether Visi means "good" or "western". The term "Good Goth" stems from the Visigoths alliance with Rome to fight the Ostrogoths. I dunno which is correct since i've seen both used just as frequently.

Concerning the scenario. You could use the MOVEUNITS function to simulate migration of the Goths from say Gotland to the mainland. Then again to the Danube, and so on until they reach Spain. At the same time, it could use the CREATEUNIT and MOVEUNIT function to simulate the buildup of the other barbarian tribes that pushed the Goths westward.

The objective therein could then be to a.) hold on to the cities where your units were just displaced from, and b.) to capture enemy cities from where your units were moved to (before your other cities are taken).

Perhaps i'm over ambitious, but that sounds very cool.

Comment

You forgot to mention the Gothic War in Italy...

That war was the main cause of Italy's decline in early middle age.
        just a hint: 50000 farmers died because of a big famine only in Abruzzo...
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

It's not quite sure if Goths settled in Poland, though probably they travelled through
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

No No No, not Goths!!! Iran-Iraq, say it with me people, Iran-Iraq Aw screw it!
            I just think that the Goth scenario would be damn near impossible with in the Civ2 engine. You would have to start the scenario after they split since Civ provides no way of doing this on its own. The only thing I can think of is if you let there be a schizm after their capital is taken and you make all availible options (i.e. you name all other unused tribes) the ostrogoths, but if I remember correctly the cities that rebel and splinter off are picked at random are they not? Oh, crap I do believe I am rambling.
            "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
            "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

The current status is four votes for the Iran-Iraq War, three for Hawaii and three for the Goths, two for Carthage...

I was thinking of a Goths scenario starting in 375 AD, when the Goths had to migrate from the Ukraine because of the invasion of the Huns.
              But let me put it this way: If you're challenging me, I can, and will do one about the migration of the Goths from Sweden through Poland (they settled around Gdansk for a while, at least according to Heinz Rühmann ) to the modern-day Ukraine and so on.
              I am absolutely sure there is, there has to be a way to simulate this, and I will look very hard for this...
              But since Iran/Iraq is in the lead, that might not happen (j/k)
              Follow the masses!
              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Double Post
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Just to save you from doing another scenario involving Persia/Iran, I'll vote for Hawaii. Or the Goths. Or anything....
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Since the Visigoths outlived the Ostrogoths (and because they were, after all, the Good Goths ) you could simulate the schism by creating a massive amount of barbarian units representing the Ostrogoths when the time they broke apart comes around. Simple solution.

Also, I forget where I read it, but at one point, the Goths had an empire stretching from the Baltic to the Black Seas. I have been unable to find where they administered this empire from but AFAIK, it was still out of Gotland (Visby). The only other places I can think would have been Vilna, Kiev or Danzig (not Gdansk infernal Germans! ).

Comment

Huns!!! Everyone loves the huns!! Do them! Or....

Do Caesar invading Gaul. On a grand scale! Very cool.

or....

Do the rise of Carthage! But don't touch Hannibal! That's my stomping ground
                      "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

I really like Empire building, but that Iran-Iraq war could be interesting if done right (and dreadfully stalemated and dull if not.) Carthage gets my second vote.
                        A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Everyone who votes for Carthage will get my mail as a punishment.
                          Ha!
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Would be neat to do a Polynesian scenario. Start as warring tribes in the South Pacific, see if you can get to New Zealand and Hawaii!

Would require a whole new map, and new concepts.
                            I refute it thus!
                            "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Or you can focus a particular islands' group... Marquises ( there were plenty of civil wars between their clans ), Hawaii ( Kamehameha, the first king that unified them - a hint: search on the web for Herb Kane; this hawaian artist is specialized on hawaian history ), or Easter Island ( civil wars here, too ).

What kinda ocean... Why they named it Pacific ... Bloody would have fit better... As Vico said once, "... è tutto un ribollir di guerre." .

PS forgot New Zealand intentionally...
                              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Warvoid did a scenario on the Pacific that featured a pretty damn good map of everything from Hawai to New Zealand, and from Australia to Tahiti

Originally posted by Prometeus
                                PS forgot New Zealand intentionally...
                                Are you after Australian citizenship Prom?
                                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                                X