No announcement yet.

New scenario Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No... just hoping for an America's Cup revenge.
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

A scenario about the British conquest of Maori Aotearoa (pre-British New Zealand) would be pretty cool.

I played a NZ civil war scen the other day that was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometeus
        PS forgot New Zealand intentionally...
        Grrrrr!

Case: Double Grrrr!

Originally posted by Prometeus
        No... just hoping for an America's Cup revenge.
        Heh heh. You're gonna have to do more than just hope pal. NZ won the last two Americas cup finals 5-0 each. El Moro de Val ... er, deVal, er .. The Italian boat didn't have a prayer

On the Maori scenario thing though, maybe my judgement is clouded somewhat, but I can't honestly see much of an appeal. Assuming it stays fairly historical anyway. It was more of a colonization rather than a conquest and Maori tribes didn't all "unite in the face of a common foe" even during the 1960's in what became known as the Maori wars. There wasn't any real variety of weaponry between Maori warriors, no mounted/ranged units (except for a number of traded muskets), artillery or military organization much beyond the tribal level.
        Overall they fought bravely but piecemeal and never had a chance of achieving any sort of strategic victory against the Brits.
        No "other" European presence either to act as a counterweight.

Goingonit: I don't think you could make an accurate (to scale) Pacific map including both NZ and Hawaii. They'd pretty much still be just be one-square dots at opposite sides of the map

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
          But since Iran/Iraq is in the lead, that might not happen (j/k)
          is the love of your live a persian woman??

not really, i´ve never understood your obsession for that region
          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur

This has puzzled some of us for years!
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Vote

Hell, I can post given the horrible conenction of my pc to Poly, I thought this was a fight I could not win...

Finally someone coming to the point

Ever since Michael Jackson became my childhood hero, we all knew I was gonna go mad some day...

But away from that, there's work to do:

I think that the interest between Iran/Iraq and Pacific or Hawaii is about equal, but since there has also been lots of discussion about the Goths, I'll put it this way: Until Sunday (March 10th), everyone gets the chance to choose between one of those three, and whichever gets the most votes will win the election and will be my upcoming scenario project.
              Ah, Democracy...
              Follow the masses!
              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

I am sticking with my Iran-Iraq vote.
                "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

*uses omnipotent mod powers to rig vote for Goths*

Comment

I was thinking for a "Sine voto"... because whatever you're going to do, it'll be a good scen for sure. But, since I'm a throublemaker, I'll vote for Hawaii, just to buzz up Warvoid and Jimmywax.
                    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Iran-Iraq!
                      STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

The Goths!!
                        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Iran-Iraq

Comment

Iran-Iraq
                            This was one of the most boring wars in history!

The front moved faster in the Battle of the Somme than in this one.

The only interesting thing about this war was the massive military assistance the US gave Iraq.
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

It seems Hawaii would be more innovative!!

So Hawaii it is...
                              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

I vote Carthage!!

"must crush rome!"
                                "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Working...
                                X