No announcement yet.

My (not really secret) project ;-)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In that case, I suggest filling up (more or less) the extra spaces outside the Roman Empire with barbarian cities. This would prevent the Romans from building their cities in the barbarian lands. Give the Celts a Vercingetorix unit. Make diplomatic units Roman only, and call it a "Romanizer". Add color events. The barbarian cities could be named the same as historical tribes. Then, you could manage Scytian raids into Media with barbarians.
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

• You'll definetly need two event files then.

------------------
      St. Leo
      http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Shadowstrike on 07-23-2000 10:30 AM
        Give the Celts a Vercingetorix unit.

Hmmm... better if you name this unit "brennus" ( it seemed to indicate Celtic military chief - maybe create an event to recreate this unit every time it's killed.).
        Trust me, i'm currently working on a Cisalpine Gaul scenario also...

"Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

• Unfortunately, as said before, I haven´t enough units slots for generals/heroes (and I´ll avoid multiple files).
          Otherwise I would include also a Maximus unit...
          In fact, this scn will have lots of units, and most of the V1.0 units are reworked or completely new.

And Shadowstrike, lots of Barb cities in the North was exactly my idea. But I´ll name their units after their tribes, not the cities.

Ok, the map is nearly finished , tomorrow I´ll post a pic of it. I´m satisfied with Europe, but need some help with the eastern region (Scythia, Persia...) .
          [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited July 23, 2000).]
          Blah

Comment

• Are you going to use "hyper-production" squares? They would provide historical accuracy by making certain regions more useful once conquered (i.e. the Fertile Valley, Egypt (both food) Greece (trade), etc.)

If you need a playtester, I'll do it (only on the easier levels though, I'm not much of a Civ player)
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

• Scythian raids were not as common in 386 BC... satrap revolts were. I wouldn't waste the events space for scythians and concentrate both on the satrapal revolts against Artaxerxes II and III, and Artaxerxes' campaigns against Phoenecia and Egypt in the late 340s.

------------------
              Follow the masses!
              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
              -Mao Tse-Tung
              God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
              much screwed that whole idea..
              -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
              Follow the masses!
              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Quite true. In a scenario covering a span of time as large as this, event space is precious. I'm all for dropping the Scytian raids. Let the barbarian cities make units for these raids, not your event file!
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

• (and I´ll avoid multiple files).

You will need two event files if you want Macedonia to be both playable as a human and realistic as an AI.

------------------
                  St. Leo
                  http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                  http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• I agree with the ban to build diplos...but what about a few via events (if you have the space) like in John Ellis's scenarios? It's fun to ponder how to use your precious spy ( imagine Sloth, dressed like Amlet, uttering: to steal "Mounted Archery" or bribing Ecbatana up that mountain, this is the problem...)

P.S. After a brief survey I found this to be The Most replied ever thread in SL!
                    [This message has been edited by Sloth (edited July 24, 2000).]
                    [This message has been edited by Sloth (edited July 24, 2000).]

Comment

• Ok, here is the map, in two parts:

I think Europe is ok, but I need some help with the terrain in the east. Suggestions are welcome.
                      However, after the map passes this test, the real work begins...
                      Note: the white squares are a different kind of desert.

St.Leo, I´m thinking about making different events and rules for Macedonians and Romans, and the Player could choose his civ (and it´s rules/events set) before he starts the scn (like in "Seeds of Greatness", I think), but what I mean was that I´ll avoid that you have to load different files while the scn runs...

Shadowstrike, perhaps I´ll simulate the strenghts of different civs (trade, prod, science) in another way, but I have to test this first...
                      I agree with you that the Barbs should produce some units, but sometimes I have problems with this. In Cross&Crescent, despite all my efforts, my Barb cities produce nothing (the civ2 AI is a great mystery , so I finally used events for this.

Sloth, stealing of techs is exactly what I´ll avoid in the scn, because of the civ-specific techtrees (and units). No/No techs are not an option, because I like research, but not techs given by events (a few may be). I could include some diplos with events, but disable the "steal tech" option so that you can use them for bribing?

[This message has been edited by BeBro (edited July 24, 2000).]
                      Blah

Comment

• The map seems perfect to me but...I'm not really an expert.
                        Including diplos via events disabling "steal tech", if this spoils the game, could be a very good choice. Anyway my Amlet pondering is almost always resolved by bribing a city

Comment

• Isn't there more fertile land in Egypt and Mesopotamia (I might be wrong on this). If I can see the cities properly, Rome, Athens and Carthage all appear to be Roman. Overall, great map, how big is it?
                          [This message has been edited by Shadowstrike (edited July 24, 2000).]
                          *grumbles about work*

Comment

• Exactly, BeBro, what kind of help do you need? An habitat feedback? Or a geographical hint? Maybe i can help you...

------------------
                            Ave atque vale...
                            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

• The fertile land in Egypt was wide "the distance that a man can walk in two hours"...not more that one square in civ terms.
                              Also on Mesopotamia the map seems quite right to me; if you want you can add a region of swamps in the far south of Mesopotamia near the mouth of Tigris and Euphrates.

Comment

• Less trees in Southern Russia ( ahem, now Ucraina ) and Siria, BeBro...

Comment

Working...
                                X