My (not really secret) project ;-)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My (not really secret) project ;-)...

Just a little preview of Imperium Romanum 2.0. The basic idea is just the same as in V1.0: Starting only with Rome, and conquer the whole area around the Mediterrean (and a bit more, simply all cities) in 500 years.

But I´m still unsure about some details, and due to the limitations of civ, I´m afraid that I have to leave out too many things. For instance, in V1.0, I have as civs the Romans, Greeks, Macedonians, Persians, Carthagians, Germans and Gallics (or is it Gauls?). This is not bad for the start, but you can´t simulate some important changes in civ like the conquest of Asia by Alex the Great, the Hellenistic kingdoms after that or the fact that the Greeks in reality were independent Poleis, but not an united realm.

Currently I think I´ll summarize the Germans and the Gallics as Babarians, but I´m not sure what new civs I should include instead of these (now Barbarian) Germans and Gallics. Suggestions and comments are of course welcome.

Note:
    The screenshot is made with the map of Cross&Crescent, but I´m searching for a better map, covering nearly the same areas as the little map in the upper left corner of the screenshot (perhaps a bit more space in the east and in the west).
    The graphics in the game will also look a bit better, because this screenshot is converted from an 24bit image (with a little loss of quality).
    Blah

Great work BB!!!
    A suggestion... Capua is on Vesuvio's northern side. Hope this doesn't hurt you.

------------------
    Ave atque vale...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Hey, you are online at the moment?
      Great, but I have to leave now...

For Capua: You are right, but the pic is just a sample image to show the "look" of this scn. With the new map, I´ll be more careful with the city locations.
      Blah

Comment

I was just thinking, is it in English? Because I downloaded v1.0 and it was in German and I didn't know what was happening and the rules.txt and others weren't loading properly. Looks good!

Vale!
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

That's an awful lot of grassland and I'm sure Italy is more mountainous and hilly than that... but everything else looks great!

Comment

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Yes, ANZAC, an English version is planned...the requests for a translated version were one reason for me to make V2.0.

DarthVeda: The new map will have more different terrains (I hope... ).

Prometeus, a Nuraghe is something like an ancient Sardinian castle, right? Have you a pic for me (I´m not sure if I can include this, but it would be nice... )
            And can you say something about the landscape in Italia (more hills or trees) in ancient times?
            Blah

Comment

For sure, more trees in northern plain ( i.e. Pianura Padana ), in Central Italy ( the mighty Selva Cimina ) and south ( i.e. Basilicata ). There wasn't Po estuary, it developed in early Medieval Ages.... More trees in Sardinia, also.

------------------
              Ave atque vale...
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Need a nuraghe for Sardinian barbarians?
                Just ask, i'm sardinian...

------------------
                Ave atque vale...

Comment

What about adding another italian civ (I would suggest Etruscans)? It would be the first civ to swallow for the Romans, small (one or two cities) but with a rather powerfull army. The first challange for the rising power of Rome! I don't know if you plan to add generals but a Porsenna (King of the Etruscan) unit, very powerfull and tough to kill, could be nice.

Comment

Prometeus, I´ll place more trees there...

Sloth, your idea sounds very good! I could summarize different Italian/Mediterranean people in one civ (Etruscans, Samnites but also Illyrians or Epeirotes) with weak attackers, but good defenders (but not too strong for the rise of Rome. ).
                    Unfortunately I can´t add generals (not enough unit slots, and I´ll avoid multiple files)
                    Blah

Comment

Perfect! Your idea to summarize all the Italian civs is the best.
                      I look forward to play the scenario.
                      When you need playtesters....

Comment

Sloth, you are welcome as a tester, but a playable version needs still lots of work. Most of the artwork is done, but the events and, most important, the techtree is far from completition.
                        I´ll make a new topic when the scn is ready for a test.
                        Blah

Comment

No problem. I'll while away the time...with Cross&Crescent!

Comment

Whatever happened to the Egyptians? They played a key role in Rome's rise to power. Egypt itself was also a key supply of food to Rome in the Imperial days (you could have some super-productive squares there)

P.S. Looks great. Can't wait till it comes out.
                            *grumbles about work*

Comment

I could make you a map of any area/size you want. All you have to do is ask.

------------------
                              St. Leo
                              http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                              http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X