Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

117 AD? Anno Domini?

To St Leo
    The mail is on your tracks, check out and let me know what you thin about...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Ok, the first idea...

S P Q R
      [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited July 13, 2000).]
      Blah

Comment

BeBro, I found a site that could be of interest for your techtree. http://www.unc.edu/courses/rometech/...s/art_set.html
        Anyway I plan to do some "homework" during the week-end: if I find something interesting I let you know.

Comment

A very good site, Sloth!
          Some more of these kind of homework would be great...
          Blah

Comment

P.S.: 386 is a very good date also for Greece. It was the year of the royal peace, which allows you to have Sparta as the most important state of Greece, and Persia isjust about to become powerful again (I have just read a lot about this situation: in a scenario like this, you now have a good excuse for not having such an important Greece). I will send you a map of this time along with the long-promised map of Hanno's voyage later on.

------------------
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
            -Mao Tse-Tung
            God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
            much screwed that whole idea..
            -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
            Follow the masses!

Comment

quote:

Die Heiligtümer von Karthago waren zahlreich und berühmt. Was wir von ihnen wissen, zeigt, daß ihre Architektur sehr vielfältig war und daß ihr Aussehen sich im Lauf der Zeiten stark änderte (...)
              Wenn sogar die von Natur aus traditionsgebundene, religiöse Architektur dem griechischen Einfluß unterlag, konnten die profanen Bauwerke sich dieser Mode naturgemäß noch weniger entziehen. Gelegentlich entbehren diese Bauten nicht einer gewissen Großartigkeit. Wir brauchen nur an die von Säulen flankierten Loggien des Kriegshafens zu denken.

Give me one night, and tomorrow I'll tell you all this and much more by heart (in English)

------------------
              Follow the masses!

-Mao Tse-Tung
              -Onepaul

Follow the masses!

Comment

Huh, how unpolite i am, i forgot to tell you, BeBro ...
                I made a ripoff for my "Antigonus" scenario project, depicting a Macedonian phalanx ( quite different from hellenistic one - this time i'm sure the file's uncorrupted still ).
                If you need, my e-mail is here.

------------------
                Ave atque vale...
                "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Thanks for the info, Stefan! A good part of the cities is now finished.

Prometeus, what game was the source for this phalanx ripoff?

My Macedonians look currently like Greek Hoplites, but with the long Sarissa. I also have Hetaroi and Hypaspists, but I´m not sure, if they have the right look, because my sources were sometimes...err...more than bad.

It would be nice if I could mail the my units.gif to you and/or Stefan to get some feedback before I release the scn. But I would do this only if the release date is nearby, so this would be not so soon...If you agree.
                  [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited July 14, 2000).]
                  Blah

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BeBro on 07-14-2000 06:28 PM
                    Prometeus, what game was the source for this phalanx ripoff?

My Macedonians look currently like Greek Hoplites, but with the long Sarissa. I also have Hetaroi and Hypaspists, but I´m not sure, if they have the right look, because my sources were sometimes...err...more than bad.

Ok i'll send you the file tomorrow 15 Apolyton time.
                    BTW i snapped it from TV, not from a game.
                    An electroengeneer testing a weird program helped me to snap them...

Ah, i forget: sure, why not?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by St Leo on 07-14-2000 12:00 PM
                      386? You guys need an Athlon.

Ah ha! I have an Athlon 650, 256MB SDRAM, 40GB hard drive space, GeForce2 GTS 32MB Video accelerator, 19" monitor, Badass color printer, and a 48x cdrom... wish I had DVD and a zip drive, then my system would be complete.

Comment

BTW, I´m currently changing the city styles.

Isometric?

Ah ha! I have an Athlon 650, 256MB SDRAM, 40GB hard drive space, GeForce2 GTS 32MB Video accelerator, 19" monitor, Badass color printer, and a 48x cdrom... wish I had DVD and a zip drive, then my system would be complete.

Oh ho! I have a Pentium 166, 96MB SDRAM, 4.2GB hard drive space, ATI Mach64 1MB Video something, 17" (15.4" viewable) monitor, Decent colour printer, and a 50x cdrom...
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

BeBro, do you really want to start in 386 B.C. You miss out on the Gallic invasion of 390 B.C. (might be interesting, having the player in a tight spot right from the start) in which Rome faced anihilation at the hands of the invading Gauls.
                          *grumbles about work*

Comment

386? You guys need an Athlon.

------------------
                            St. Leo
                            http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                            http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Thanks, Stefan, take your time.

BTW, I´m currently changing the city styles.
                              Has someone an idea about the look of Carthagian/Phoenicean cities? Similar to the Greek/Roman (for instance do they use the same type of temples that are known from the Greeks)?

St.Leo, Athlon sounds like a Greek general...and Pentium like a Roman
                              [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited July 14, 2000).]
                              Blah

Comment

quote:

BeBro, do you really want to start in 386 B.C. You miss out on the Gallic
                                invasion of 390 B.C.

That was the point why I suggested that. You see, if it was covered, the Gauls had to conquer Rome, which would be kinda stupid. 386 BC is a good date for the begin of Rome's expansion.

BeBro: Please send me your units!

------------------
                                Follow the masses!

-Mao Tse-Tung
                                -Onepaul

Follow the masses!

Comment

Working...
                                X