Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farewell: I'm leaving for some months....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell: I'm leaving for some months....

Dear friends:

I'm leaving the civ community because I have got my first job in another city. That means that I'll be out of the community for some months, until I got a new house in the other city (Madrid) and install the phone line, the Internet, save enough to buy a computer (if my partents don't do it) and a lot more of things.

I'm going to try to search for replacements in all my Civ2PBEM games, I'm going to try to fin another mod for Civ2-Exodus Demogame.

But more important, I'm going to miss all this community, even for a few months I'll public the Civ2Dip utility before leaving, even if the translations are not avaliable, and all my hex-edit knowlegde (already published in many thread) is gonna be passed to Mercartor. I'll continue posting until I go to Madrid, but that will be only a few days.

Thank you guys I have no words for how important is this community for me - I seriously doub that I'll meet such a group of kind, fun, gifted people - ever.

I hope that there will be more scenaries when I return (Discworld or Dictactor 27, for instance )
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Fare well!
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Glad to hear you got the job!

Sad to see you leave!

Be back soon!
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Re: Farewell: I'm leaving for some months....

Originally posted by yaroslav
        [...] and all my hex-edit knowlegde (already published in many thread) is gonna be passed to Mercartor.
        Do you have anything new since last time?

Good luck with the job!
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Best wishes and good luck at Madrid
          Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

Because you leave (even if not for a long time, hopefully )

and Because you got the job!!!

And I think it shouldn't take many month to get a phone line (and internet connection) in Madrid, am I wrong??

If I send you my french translation tomorrow evening, does that help?? Or will you wait for it till you're connected again??

And yes, Discworld should be finished before that (that is, if the other playtester don't "abandon" me... )
            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Take it easy and good luck in your new job, Yaro
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Thank you all

Originally posted by Cyrion
                Because you leave (even if not for a long time, hopefully )

and Because you got the job!!!

And I think it shouldn't take many month to get a phone line (and internet connection) in Madrid, am I wrong??

If I send you my french translation tomorrow evening, does that help?? Or will you wait for it till you're connected again??

And yes, Discworld should be finished before that (that is, if the other playtester don't "abandon" me... )
                Vicent, thank you

It's not as easy as it sounds, becuase first of all I need to find a sutiable house, and then I'll need to subscribe the phone line and then the Internet, and I need to study if I've got enough money to buy the Internet modem/the computer (if my parent don't do so)...

And I'll try to beta-player the discworld before leaving (I'm not sure about the date yet)

Comment

Good luck and best wishes.
                  -rmsharpe

Comment

gl in the future yaros!
                    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Bittersweet indeed!

New job, new life—way to go!

But damm1t we're going to miss you. Get that PC and ISP, fast!
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Congrats and good luck Javier! I don't have to tell you how much you've helped me and the community, and how much we'll miss you.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

thank you all. I promise I'll return as soon as possible

(and I'll post from time to time from my parents' house, whenever I came back to Malaga to visit them in the weekends )

Comment

Good Luck!!
                            Vote Democrat
                            Support Democracy

Comment

Working...
                            X