No announcement yet.

Playtest - Atomic Eagle: Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the goal in the Ch2 save you sent us.
    Calling all Designers, the SL CivGroup is open for business!

Comment

The goal: The war was started for one reason - to beat the Allies before they can build a huge stockpile of atomic weapons. Your job is to fight the Americans and British, research enough to build an atomic bomber fleet, then finish the Allies off.

Now I hope to make the success of the scenario hinge on two things: Fighting the conventional war and researching enough tech to build an atomic bomber fleet. Both should balance out as the Allies will have superior numbers at first and advanced tech. As the Nazis progress they have the opportunity to build better conventional weapons and get atomic weapons.

As your character is a soldier it is important to follow the orders of Rommel while he is off doing "other things". There will be events in the game that are designed to overwhelm you, but they should be challenging to the usual Civ2 veteran.

Just remember, this is a playtest and not the actual finished scenario. So if something is to hard or to easy just holler and I'll fix it before I release the final 1st Part of the series.

Oh, yeah, it is a series so don't look for a definitive end. You are really just supposed to achieve an objective which will be given to you later in the game. Remember, the Americans are next, followed by the British.

So let me know if the improvements are too expensive, the techs to hard to research, how long it took to take regions, etc, etc...

Comment

Ok, here's some new stuff. Some are updates, others are new entirely. For use in Atomic Eagle.
        Attached Files

Comment

just got into chapter 2, and it all looks pretty good to me. Only suggestion i can think of is to make all the axis units unmovable, as all the bloody me-262's seem to home in on one city. unless this is intentional of course...
          Religion is the opiut of the people

Also known as The Limey on Civfan

Comment

Yeah, I may have to try that. I wonder if there is some sort of of situation that makes the AI move units to a certain city. I'll have to work on that... Also I'm doing a little tweaking by myself so far, just some graphics and a few new things I'm discovering while playing. Keep me posted if there is anything you think should be added, changed (unit, tech wise).

I'll make an update later this week to the Beta file with some new things.

Comment

The whole scenario just looks so blooming good!

This one will be be a classic!!!
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Atomic Eagle: Part 1 (ver. 2.0) Coming Soon...

it will feature:

New Units!

Better Missions!

Easter Eggs!

and... wait for it... SOUND!

I plan to have Version 2.0 be the final release so please be patient. Thank you for playtesting these past few weeks. I will keep the old files up on the old site for those of you who still have some insights on improvements. All are welcome to comment!

Comment

Units rearranged on units.gif/bmp for sound. Will be placing units on map tomorrow. Sounds almost gathered...

Comment

Can't wait!

PS
                    That helicopter you done is perfect!

Comment

*Bump!*

So, are we ready for release?
                      What is happening?

Comment

Just finishing up the sounds now. All new stuff. A few unit touch ups and a few event additions and it'll be ready to go. No date set yet. I rushed myself for the playtest and there were to many bugs. Won't happen this time.

Comment

Boom.
                          Attached Files
                          -rmsharpe

Comment

Thanks Rm!

Comment

Ok, while working on some playtesting by myself I noticed something odd.

I have an event that gives one of the civs a tech. This tech allows that civ to build a wonder. Problem is that it seems that while playing that particular civ I cannot build the wonder even though I have the tech. In fact, the build window only shows the option to build the wonder if I reveal the entire map through the cheat menu.

The tech in question has no prereq and is only attainable upon completion of the event.

Anyone know what is causing this?

EDIT: Looks like the wonder is in the Darwin slot. It's probably hardwired into the railroad tech...

EDIT: Tried it with another wonder, no dice.

Comment

Be patient with my ignorance, but are Wonders counted as objectives? If so, then IIRC they don't appear on the city build list.
                                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                                X