No announcement yet.

Playtest - Atomic Eagle: Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use rmsharpe's file above this post to start out the scenario from the utmost beginning, title and all. Only then can you see everything as it should be.

Comment

First, don't you think you should use "gender" instead of "orientation"? I think orientation means homosexual or hetrosexual, while gender means male or female.
      Vote Democrat
      Support Democracy

Comment

It's Kirkuk, not Karkuk.

The Dead Sea is too far north, Ashdod is where Jerusalem should be, at 194,116 should be Haifa instead of Ashdod, or instead of Ashdod, call it Tel Aviv-Yaffa and put it where Jerusalem is.

189,113 should probably be land.
        Vote Democrat
        Support Democracy

Comment

I dunno. I hadn't reall thought of the homosexual conotations. I'll change it back to gender.

Comment

Originally posted by POTUS
            It's Kirkuk, not Karkuk.

The Dead Sea is too far north, Ashdod is where Jerusalem should be, at 194,116 should be Haifa instead of Ashdod, or instead of Ashdod, call it Tel Aviv-Yaffa and put it where Jerusalem is.

189,113 should probably be land.
            I've seen Karkuk an quite a few maps. I think there is two spellings to the name. Probably pronounced totally different in arabic.

I think Jerusalem and Ashdod are fine where they are. They are so close to eachother it doesn't really matter. and the tip of the Dead Sea is directly east of Jerusalem. Do you mean the Sea of Galilee/ Lake Tiberius? Frankly I don't think it matters much. The map is accurate enough.

Comment

Quite some action here!

I'll check out the new files now.

I hadn't reall thought of the homosexual conotations. I'll change it back to gender.
              I actually thought of this as being very open-minded; thus I would keep it, imho.
              Ceteram Macedonicus
              (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Comment

Not meaning to nit pick, but here I go

^"If the Allies succeed in extracting the ore there will be enough
                ^fissionable material to increase the American bomb production at
                ^Oaks Ridge ten fold. Plus the Brits need a break such as this.
                ^They'd just love to drop an atomic down our throats."[

Sorry, but the word is fissile.

And the second mission brief, a rebellion is a coup d'etat

also, The rebel won't capture caracas, and in keeping it US free, I razed it to the ground.

and it needs to be units1, not just units when you download it, otherwise it will overwrite the ch1 units.
                Calling all Designers, the SL CivGroup is open for business!

Comment

Hi all,
                  I just played the latest files:
                  All went really well in Chapter 1. I only had to find Canaris...which took me some time.
                  Not so well in Chapter 2: The batch file didn't work for me (win2k), even after putting the choice.com file into the folder. When I tried to manually change the files that are supposed to be changed by the batch, I got an events error message upon loading my Atomic.sav. And yes I did drag the .sav file over delevent.exe.

As for spelling mistakes as well as any other texts to be included, I guess that's for the very end?

Don't expect too much input from me for the next 24 hours: gotta get cooking .

Cheers,
                  Ceteram Macedonicus
                  (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Comment

Originally posted by GoPostal
                    Not meaning to nit pick, but here I go

^"If the Allies succeed in extracting the ore there will be enough
                    ^fissionable material to increase the American bomb production at
                    ^Oaks Ridge ten fold. Plus the Brits need a break such as this.
                    ^They'd just love to drop an atomic down our throats."[

Sorry, but the word is fissile.

And the second mission brief, a rebellion is a coup d'etat

also, The rebel won't capture caracas, and in keeping it US free, I razed it to the ground.

and it needs to be units1, not just units when you download it, otherwise it will overwrite the ch1 units.
                    Ok, I will make the spelling changes. For Caracas, you need to have the Axis capture the city. It's a must. The presence of city defenses in the city should have prevented any loss of population and I seemed to have no problem with the new event file. Have you downloaded the latest files from this thread?

and I don't get what you're trying to say with the units1 file. There should be three in total, units (ch1), units2 (ch2), and finally units3 (ch3). If you run the bat file with any non win2000 OS it should replace the files. If you have Win 2000 then did you try rmsharpe's patch file?

Remember, we are working with a new set of files. because the delete option is not working in the upload section we are working with the atomiceagle2.zip file instead of the atomiceagle.zip file.

Comment

and fissionable is a synomyn of fissile.

Comment

alright, for some reason the events.txt isn't working on my computer after the 1st bat routine, and I have win 98. Hmmmm, let me figure out the problem. The other files all copy though, just the save isn't recognizing the new events.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPostal

I think I know what you mean. Instead of having the original units be copied over completely there should be a units1 file so as to have some sort of backup. Ok, will do.

Comment

Well, what I did was, first I took the URL you pmed, downloaded from there, then went throught the thread, downloading and installing in order.
                            Calling all Designers, the SL CivGroup is open for business!

Comment

Hey Harry i have received none of your files for playtesting.

Once again: PericlesDervisis@hotmail.com
                              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                              Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

batch file

Try doing it in a way that b4 starting the scenario, you have to run the batch (converting events1, etc. to events, etc). This also helps when replaying the scenario after having gone through more than 1 chapter.
                                The choice.com file helps me as a win2k user to run dos choice command (1,2,3,x) which isn't provided under win2k anymore.
                                Ceteram Macedonicus

Comment

Working...
                                X