No announcement yet.

Scenario Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I would take some of those neutral cities and allocat them to North Russia or Africa...
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

FMK is back!!! Just another great idea!

There is no way to implement Vichy France in the scenario?

Comment

Vichy France(its European france part) was seized by the Germans in response to the allied landings in 1943.

So it is already in German hands when the scenario kicks off.
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

FMK: do you have certain events for the D-Day or do the AI launch this automatically?
          I really like the map, can't wait to get my hands on it
          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Thanks for the info, Palaiologos

Anyway...it's looking great!!!

Comment

FMK, the Americans used Algiers as a major staging base as well, so you may want to give them that city as a springboard into the Med.
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

The scen looks great.

I can't wait to kick the Soviets and Allies back to where they came from!

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                  FMK, the Americans used Algiers as a major staging base as well, so you may want to give them that city as a springboard into the Med.
                  Hi Nick, The thing is that at the scenario's start, the Ami's and Brits are on Sicily. That screenshot there is an actual pic of their invasion. Events guarentee that they will not be kicked off by the Italians. By the time you declare war on the Italians and move in to hold off the Allies, You shouldn't be in a position to do anymore than stall on that front. Hopefully the player will not have enough units to advance there.

So eventswise, the Allies should be ok, they dont need a base for Italy.

Comment

FMK:

Is it possible to reverse the fortunes of war in this one?

How heavily are the odds stacked?

Comment

No matter the odds, the Panzers will still go forward for one last time!
                      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

That's not a pre-existing map is it? Could I have it by any chance? To add to my map collection... and to be added to my website?
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                          FMK:

Is it possible to reverse the fortunes of war in this one?

How heavily are the odds stacked?
                          Hi Curt,
                          Probably not.
                          Very much so.

Your best moments will be killing stacks of enemies before you decide you should probably retreat.

Originally posted by Mercator
                          That's not a pre-existing map is it? Could I have it by any chance? To add to my map collection... and to be added to my website?
                          Hi Merc. The majority of the map has been seen before in Henrik's "de Historibus Europae", however, in that incarnation the map went only to Kiev in the west. I had an even wider version that gave the americans 6-7 cities on scaled down east coast on the far left of the map. That was when this very map was to be used for Lebensraum v2. So if you want to, you should take Henrik's and this one (which I still call his as I only modified it).
                          In short, sure. how would you like it? plain grassland? I have some odities such as one terrain under the rivers...
                          whats your email?

Originally posted by Palaiologos
                          Let me guess:Götterdämmerung?

Looks like I forgot the ö and ä when I made these, but yeah, thats the one.

Which do you guys prefer for a Title.gif?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mercator; July 5, 2020, 07:10.

Comment

heres the other one.

Again, let's have your preferences please.
                            Attached Files

Comment

remember, you have to make the Finnish Units 99 in everything, move rate, attack and defense....
                              "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
                              Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

They are both excellent title gifs and add a quite poetic tone i think.
                                Isn't there as possibility to make a colaze(sp?-combination?).Curt?anybody?

You know to show the contrast of the despair in defeat and that life still continues after the cruelties of war...

Comment

Working...
                                X