• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    downloaded

can't figure out how to install right

Jon Miller
    You´re not the only one. Installation IS tricky. But here´s a link that solves it:
    You'll learn which technologies are right for your business and will help you increase sales, speed up transactions, reduce labor costs and protect your data.
    Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
      The only think I don't like about Rise and Fall is that it concentrates exclusively on the European war.
      Advanced Third Reich has a Pacific Companion:

[You didn´t know about ERS? Shocking!! ]
      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Comment

In Rise and Fall there are too many things that get done the same way at the same time in every game because they are the "right" thing to do.
        Yeah, but I like the fact that it doesn´t allow one to be really silly. This also has the side benefit of a better ai. And the things that get always done the same way occur only in the first 1-2 turns. After that, it´s pretty open. With the Axis in the campaign, you have at least 3 totally different Grand Strategies, and quite a number of variations on each of them. That is, if all does go according to plan. If not, and you get bad die rolls, possibilities are endless.

Comment

Bungled Barbarossa

The dents made into the Soviet defences by the Fascists are so small that they are laughable. And now the Russian Winter is approaching. The criminal occupiers are in for a sound trashing!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Comrade Tribune; January 15, 2003, 18:44.

Comment

Meanwhile in North Africa...

8th Army is starting Operation Crusader, the push towards Tripoli:
            Attached Files

Comment

Soon another Italian garrison is bypassed, cut off from its supply line, and forced to surrender.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune

Advanced Third Reich has a Pacific Companion:

[You didn´t know about ERS? Shocking!! ]
                My copy has sat in the cupboard untoughed for 16 years or more. Whatever advances they've made since I last knew a bunch of serious boardgamers have entirely passed me by

These days if we get 4 of us together for a weekend its usually to play as many 1-2 hour games as possible, not one big game. Unfortunately that means most of my games are collecting dust. If I'm lucky I might persuade them to play Civ or Age of Rennaissance, but not a long wargame.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

CT,

Thanks for the walk-thru.

I'll be trying to get this to run on my XP machine this weekend.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

These days if we get 4 of us together for a weekend its usually to play as many 1-2 hour games as possible, not one big game. Unfortunately that means most of my games are collecting dust. If I'm lucky I might persuade them to play Civ or Age of Rennaissance, but not a long wargame.
                    Heh; why do you think I am so happy there is finally a playable computer version of 3R?

I can get my friends to an afternoon of boardgames only once or twice a year; and even then it´ll rather be something like Risk 2210 (it´s fun, though).

We play that in the local coffeehouse; though the waiters think I am slightly unhinged when I arrive there with a box with hundreds of robot armies.

And of course my friends ally against me from go!, knowing this is the safest course.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RPMisCOOL
                      I'll be trying to get this to run on my XP machine this weekend.
                      Great! Glad you liked my AARs.

Comment

Before

Russians prepare for their Winter Offensive...
                        Attached Files

Comment

After

...and off they go, leaving behind hundreds of German tank wrecks and 3 encircled Rumanian armies.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Got HoI!

First Impression: "Oh NOOOOOO! I have died and gone to Micromanagement Hell!!!"

2nd Impressions follow.

Comment

2nd Impressions:

-Yes, it´s interesting.

-But it´s not quite as good as the EU series.

-The game is super-detailed (and very time-consuming!) in the Military/Tech sector.

-But it´s disappointing in the Diplomacy sector. Few Events, few things to do really. Don´t expect another EUII here.

-Graphics are ok, but nothing spectacular.

-Music is great.

-Manual seems ok at first glance, but is inaccurate. There are important options in the manual, that are not in the game (Trade Pacts!) Otoh, some things that ARE in the game are not explained in the manual.

-Intro is ok, but shortish, and again not QUITE as good as EU´s.

-Expect to be drawn in by the atmosphere.

-But also expect the game to be extremely time-consuming.

-As a Major Power, there is too much you HAVE to do.

-As a Minor Power, there is too little you CAN do.

-In the final analysis, this game is VERY much a question of personal taste. My verdict:

Somewhere between 5 to 9/10.

Comment

CT,

I'm glad you were able to pin it down (5 to 9)???

Are you tryin to say that it might suck, but you're not sure yet?
                                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X