Best PC WWI/II game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a fansite with links to all the downloads:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
    Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

This is from my current game: My armoured spearheads can already see Paris, but, unlike the historical French, the ai is counter-attacking!
      Attached Files
      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Comment

Watch out that cassette is gonna get your envelope!!!

Comment

I like Hearts of Iron for WW2 action.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

ROTHFLMAO!!!..thanx I needed a good chuckle
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Hearts of Iron looks very in-depth, and from what I hear is a great grand-strategy game. Lots of political options, research options, and takes place across the entire world, not just Europe or the Pacific. Definately seems like one to check out.
              I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

HoI is the first new Strategic level WW II game for almost a decade. I like it very much but if you want a polished game with no quirks I suggest you wait for the 1.03 patch at the earliest.

Rise and Fall of the 3rd Reich was a not-bad recreation of the Avalon Hill boardgame but it tended to lock up. I got bored refighting the same turns hoping that this time it would get through the SR phase without hanging.

Close Combat III (Russia) and V (Normandy) are games I enjoy a lot and have had the most additional material produced for them by fans.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Quite possible; but it´s now my turn!

Jan 6th is a holiday in Austria; so we´ll get on with this a bit.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                    ...but it tended to lock up.
                    I know, I know. But with the latest patch, it doesn´t lock up any more. Also, the ai has been GREATLY improved. It´s a real treat!

Comment

This looks an awful lot better already:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good to know. Where can I find this patch? I'd quite like to replay it sometime assuming it will behave under XP. The one thing it definitely does better than HoI is the whole strategic warfare element. HoI's subs aren't working properly yet.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Here it is! (2 versions, CD-owners/non CD-owners)

Patch improves ai, removes the bugs and even adds 2 difficulty levels!

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

German/Italian joint attack on Egypt:
                          Attached Files

Comment

For some reason I've never played this one. However, your inspired speech have almost forced me to download it. Hope it workes fine with my crappy computer.

Comment

Btw, on the french map: Are the british real ****ers or what? half of their troops are already thousands of miles from the main front and the rest are in Southampton.

Comment

There is an 'Anglo-French Cooperation' (should really read: 'Anglo-French Non-cooperation' ) special rule. The gist of it is that English and French don´t stack, and don´t give air support to each other. This explains the awkward English positionings in the screenshot.

Comment

Working...
                                X