Best Game Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Game Music?

Hah. This is a tough one for me. There's StarCraft, there's Panzer Dragoon, Fallout, Baldur's Gate... I'll just name my favourite composers, who are Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy series) and Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono series, Xenogears and Xenosaga).

The Xenosaga Original Soundtrack, the one I'm listening to right now, is just incredible! Last Battle has a violin, a synth, a piano, organs and a Gregorian church chorus... wow is all I can say. And Battling KOS-MOS just kicks ass. Proto Merkabah is somehow familiar... The OST is like from a big epic film, not a PS2 game. The FF XI OST is just no match.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Civ2 had a good soundtrack.

Fallout's provided good atmosphere. I don't understand how you mentioned Baldur's Gate without Icewind Dale.

Iron Maid's sountract was great. One of the only reasons I keep that game on my harddrive.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I honestly liked Theme Hospitals songs. Especially Dr Frog or whatever that song was called
      Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Total Annihlation, and Europa Universalis 2.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
          Fallout's provided good atmosphere. I don't understand how you mentioned Baldur's Gate without Icewind Dale.
          Prolly because I've never played Icewind Dale.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Chrono Trigger, Star Fox 64, GTA3, Secret of Mana, GoldenEye.

Comment

Deus Ex had really good music.

Nothing has ever beaten Command & Conquer though.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Deus Ex and Final Fantasy VI.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Europa Universalis II (except for that evil fallalala song )
                  Myth I and II
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Age of Wonders musics are pretty good.

Talking about old games, I think that all Sierra's based
                    songs really have an impact here.

Comment

Alpha Centauri, SimCity 3000, and all the Donkey Kong games are ones that spring immediately to mind. Mario 64 has some cool tunes too. Classic Mario games deserve a mention for "retro" flair.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Halo

I liked it so much I actually bought the soundtrack for it the other month. b:
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Streets of Rage 2
                          Europa Universalis 2

And Falalalan is the best EU2 song
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

My favourite is Red Alert's excellent soundtrack, I also like the one from Red Alert 2 though it can compare to the other.
                            Both are fast though and make you act faster (or so I like to think).

(Westwood why can't I listen to the original RA2 soundtrack when I play the expansion? )
                            Interested in creating a TBS game similar to Colonization?
                            Have a look here !
                            New C++ programmers needed!

Comment

Colonization had a very catchy tune.............I was humming that one way after finishing with the game. Others that spring to mind are the funky Monkey Island reggae tunes and Deus Ex.

Comment

Working...
                              X