Best Game Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Age Civ III.

Civ II was good. I couldn't stand that Ghuhatama (sp?) Ponders, so I had to turn off the music. It was too troublesome to change the music every time it came on.

Comment

HoMM2
      Total Annihilation
      EU2
      Civ2 (except for the ear-wrenching Aliens, Mars, and XCOM tracks)
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

A little gane called Vortex, actually more of an interactive story, had some AWESOME music. And a pretty good story.
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

All LucasArts Adventure games for me, I think. The entire Monkey Island series, especially Escape, are exceleent throughout with many memorable themes. Sam and Max Hit The Road had a brilliant jazzy soundtrack, and Grim Fandango was completely and totally astounding with it's mexican-influenced lounge. Brilliant.

My favourite of all the LucasArts game soundtracks has to be Full Throttle, though, with Biker rock band The Gone Jackals providing the entire contents. Energetic eighties Green River-style proto-grunge hard rock, brilliantly integrated into the game musically.

Fav individual song:

"At Doom's Gate" from Doom
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

HOMM3
            Doom 2 (there's this insert with rock music which especially impressed me)
            Warcraft 2
            BG 1
            Diablo 1

Comment

Civ II was good. I couldn't stand that Ghuhatama (sp?) Ponders, so I had to turn off the music. It was too troublesome to change the music every time it came on.
              is that music from Civ2 gold edition? music from the gold really sucked compared with the original Civ2 music.

Same goes to Homm2 gold edition music; it cannot even compare with the original music from Heroes 2.
              someone teach me baduk

Comment

Add another to my list-- "People Seized With Life" from the Chrono Cross soundtrack. Excellent sad theme.
                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by thinkingamer

is that music from Civ2 gold edition? music from the gold really sucked compared with the original Civ2 music.

Same goes to Homm2 gold edition music; it cannot even compare with the original music from Heroes 2.
                  Regular edition. The Asian piece with all the weird twangy things. Like nails on a chalkboard to me. All of the other pieces were enjoyable.

Comment

AoW (especially "march of the halvlings" and "content workforce" and something with mountain but I can't remember the full title at the moment), EU and ANNO 1602 (greensleeves, march of the cavalry) have some of the best one I've ever heard
                    Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

civ2 of course. with the conflicts in civ add on.

But the problem is I played civ2 far too much and eventually grew bored of the music.

Diablo 1. and to a lesser extent diablo2.

Fallout: OK maybe not fallout, but you gotta love the inkspots. but it really helped immerse you into the game.

Oh and yes the modern age for Civ3. Well I'm kidding of course. But I don't hate it like everyone else does. I find myself tapping along to it every now and then (when I used to play civ3)
                      Last edited by Dis; August 21, 2002, 19:25.

Comment

Westwood's Emperor Battle For Dune
                        "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
                          Add another to my list-- "People Seized With Life" from the Chrono Cross soundtrack. Excellent sad theme.
                          Is that the string music? If so, then I must agree with you.

My favorite battle theme is Chrono Trigger's second Boss Battle music (like the battle with Azala & Tyrano, Masamune, etc.). You can really feel the weight of the world on your shoulders when it's playing.
                          "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

BG, AoW (most of them were pretty good)

the songs in Sotrgonhold are pretty cool too...
                            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Oobir: Yeah. It's the one that plays (Spolier: )
                              when you fight Miguel and-- if you choose-- Dario
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
                                Westwood's Emperor Battle For Dune
                                There were some pretty good techno shanties in that game.
                                "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                                —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Working...
                                X