X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, I've got this issue too.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

No kidding. I wish they would patch or something to make it easier.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

the editor is considered to be one of the best around in terms of the amount of manueverablity you can get. But I still don't know how to create a group of soldiers in a certain place. I tried to read some other people's scenarios but it's all greek to me.

(oh and I almost chocked to death from laughter when I read the first line in your sig... )
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Dalgetti
          the editor is considered to be one of the best around in terms of the amount of manueverablity you can get. But I still don't know how to create a group of soldiers in a certain place. I tried to read some other people's scenarios but it's all greek to me.

Oj yeah? Well it seems like Attic Greek to me.

(oh and I almost chocked to death from laughter when I read the first line in your sig... )
          You mean this?

"The Scientologists are about as good at hiding their evil as Adolf Hitler wearing a Darth Vader costume while murdering a handicapped orphan dressed as Abraham Lincoln."

I do not suffer cults gladly.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

well , if you manage it, gime a PM .

oh , and yes, I meant that line.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Dalgetti
              well , if you manage it, gime a PM .

oh , and yes, I meant that line.
              will do.

Comment

I've given the game another try, and it's admitedly not as bad as I originally thought... now that I am used to the papers, rocks, scissors combat.

But the AI cheats way to much on random maps for it to be fun.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                  I've given the game another try, and it's admitedly not as bad as I originally thought... now that I am used to the papers, rocks, scissors combat.

But the AI cheats way to much on random maps for it to be fun.
                  Oof. No kidding.

Comment

yeah, definetly, the cheating.... yuck. I have created a scenario with a random map and random locations, but disabled AI cheating, and the computer doesn't seem to be able to manage his workers. AT ALL.

oh, and the paper/rock/scissors gets much more interesting later. .
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yes, I do.

It's a mediocre RTS at best.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

A hell of a lot of room for improvement. But I do enjoy playing the campaigns.

A decent AI is all that they really need. Even the AOE2 AI was somewhat better.
                        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I found the campaigns to be dull. There was no sense of accomplishment, like in C&C or AoE. For instance, I played the German campaign. It didn't matter that I won all of the WWI scenarios and thus, by implication, the war. I was then fast-forwarded to WWII, saying I'd lost WWI and wanted payback.

Huh?

I did like the 3-D close-up zooming, but that was all I found of any uniqueness in the game. People raved about the number of units, but so what? It was, if anything, unit overload. You didn't need to use most of them.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It's fun, but it feels more like an upgrade to AOE2 than a stand alone game.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                            X