Empire Earth : do you have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire Earth : do you have it?

This game is out for a long time now. Looks pretty similar to the RoN, but no Scrimish AI to speak of , in terms of citizen management, so it cheats his way into the game.

who of you guys have it ? and what do you think of it?
    urgh.NSFW

To put it simply:

I have it. It's crap.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I am not sure that I agree.

sure it has bad moments. but It has great ones as well.

nowhere I've seen timespan so wide in RTS, for example.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Played a demo, it looks alright. But I must say 1800-level troops are sortof hard to handle, plus it's said to be badly-balanced as well...

Comment

It didn't meet my expectations. It was too much like Age of Empires. In fact, I liked Age of Empires more back when I first played it.
          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have it and play it a lot.

Comment

What's your favourite unit ?
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I heard it's real-time Civ, and should not be played for the gameplay (whatever that's supposed to mean).

Comment

Originally posted by Triped
                  I heard it's real-time Civ, and should not be played for the gameplay (whatever that's supposed to mean).
                  Should not be played for GAMEPLAY?!

Gameplay is the number 1 reason I get into gaming. To turn around and say "this game should not be played for the gameplay" is a complete and utter joke.
                  "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                  "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal

Should not be played for GAMEPLAY?!

Gameplay is the number 1 reason I get into gaming. To turn around and say "this game should not be played for the gameplay" is a complete and utter joke.
                    I'm guessing that's why it was said.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The gameplay is very agressive, there is no resting for a second.....acctually its like Civ3 AI, expands like a virus,attacks often, cheating but not boring for a sec.Multiplayer OWNS! I just love those counters and fast gameplay...
                      Scenario editor simply kicks ass, create you own game in the game itself, create your own Civ...and ofcourse there's a fanbase with loads of downloadable scenarios... http://ee.heavengames.com

I like the game, I play it as a new game like I never played a RTS before....
                      Some people never get crazy...but truly boring lives they must lived...

Comment

da_jaymz : you're a member of that site too? do you make scenarios, and if so, could you help me with this one I am working on? I have no idea in camera triggering.

oh, and the cheating is awful. I don't know what to do. It's like HIV. building units from scratch, getting food , wood , iron... EVERYTHING FOR free. you can't lay a goddamn seige on him to cut him off from his resources, so all you can do is basically extinguish his population, but targeting every possible towncenter with nuke bombers. The scenarios quite rock , though.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

About my prior comments... Its not like I don't enjoy the game. Its just that I get that sense of "been there, done that".

I do enjoy scenarios, and the four campaigns included. Got through the Greeks and English. Haven't gone through the Germans yet, and I'm still stuck on the second scenario of the Russian campaign.

And some of the user-submitted scenarios on Empire Earth Heaven are great too. They spared no expense in the Scenario/Campaign editor I see.

Comment

the user submitted scenarios are... well it depends ,really , on the maker . about the russian campaign: don't sweat it. I couldn't pass it as well.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

EE is a good game, and I enjoyed it much like I did AoE 2. Good campaigns. Excellent MP mode.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X