• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it, and beta tested it.

I haven't played it since last year.

Comment

Hey, nice avatar Anunikoba

Is that in responce to KH's disappeared kitty?
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I haven't noticed KH's avatar.. gonna go check it out.

-edit-

Ahh! I see now.

Comment

you were a beta tester , Anunikoba?

I always wondered how is it.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I like EE. Took me damn near forever to get past the second part of the Russian Campaign.

I know it's not realistic. The West Europeans fought hard in that level!
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalgetti
              you were a beta tester , Anunikoba?

I always wondered how is it.
              Its good.. and bad.

The graphics are 3d rendered, which is better than the late 2d traditions of the genre. And, the graphics really aren't that bad, but many of the newer 3d RTS games look better.

The time span is what is most impressive in the game: going from the ancient past with clubmen and stone throwers, all the way into the future with cyber units and such, is phenomenal.

The problems with the game are:

No control customization (bummer for ergonoms like me)
              Towers can't aim
              formation selection is horrid, without any hotkey functions
              some balance tweaking needed
              THE SERVES ARE ABYSSMAL!! No moderation of these, and poor functionality. Not even comparable with The Zone.
              No game recording
              Random map generation is limited
              Other small things.

And the biggest problem, that really supercedes all of these problems, is that Sierra/SSSI haven't released a single patch since the release! (only one patch that was released at the same time). There are rumors of more support for the game from certain Sierra reps, but no official statements that I know of.

I think at this point, any updating of EE will happen with the proposed expansion pack.

But the game is still very unique, and if they would just fix some of these shortcomings I mentioned, the game would be accounted amongst the greats!

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                I like EE. Took me damn near forever to get past the second part of the Russian Campaign.

I know it's not realistic. The West Europeans fought hard in that level!
                How did you do it?! I can suppress the rebels (I just send Grigor with some tanks and artillery into their city and take out as much of their air defence as I can, then nuke 'em), but the Allies just won't stop.
                "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

yeah, second level is a *****. takes some thinking.

the allies are just defensive beeeeatches. The rebels can get messy. you have to get down on their civies, and destroy them.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal

How did you do it?! I can suppress the rebels (I just send Grigor with some tanks and artillery into their city and take out as much of their air defence as I can, then nuke 'em), but the Allies just won't stop.
                    Crush the Rebels, sit tight and hope those extra SAM batteries I put up can knock those Nuke Bombers outta the sky, thus buying me some more time.

Remember, as soon as you destroy a European Capital, you get the Rostov JK ( "Command Unit/Grigor2" Cyber).
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

so Lonestar , how are you scenarios going ?
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

so Lonestar , how are you scenarios going ?
                        Going well.

I'm a real stickler for detail, so it's been a b!tch to try to get the Jenin scenario work well.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's mutated from a single scneario into a entire campaign... "The Golden Caliphate".

You being as Israel, and end as Israel...but everything in the middle is a new Muslim nation that calls itself the "Golden Caliphate".

Comment

cool. Do you do movies?
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

cool. Do you do movies?
                                Oof. We'll see. I'm having trouble getting the triggers to do what I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X